CJ Mosley

CrazyCarl40

At this point it’s not a question who the leader is of this defense. He’s highly rated in the locker room and PFF. Even if @Sperm Edwards hates him (and he probably is overrated), he seems pretty invaluable to the team. So, I’m curious as to what you all think about him moving forward. Under contract next year (jets can save 17 million with 4 million dead cap) and will be 32. Do you extend/restructure him? Do you cut him loose next year? They just paid Quincy and I don’t think Mosley is irreplaceable. Mostly I just want to stop talking about the putrid offense every topic. What say you Jets fans? What should they do with CJ in the off-season?

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

At this point it’s not a question who the leader is of this defense. He’s highly rated in the locker room and PFF. Even if @Sperm Edwards hates him (and he probably is overrated), he seems pretty invaluable to the team. So, I’m curious as to what you all think about him moving forward. Under contract next year (jets can save 17 million with 4 million dead cap) and will be 32. Do you extend/restructure him? Do you cut him loose next year? They just paid Quincy and I don’t think Mosley is irreplaceable. Mostly I just want to stop talking about the putrid offense every topic. What say you Jets fans? What should they do with CJ in the off-season?

Like @Sperm Edwards I was pretty harsh on Mosley last year and in previous years but this year is different. he is attacking RB's head on and he does do a good job over all as the captain of the defense players and coaches respect him and that goes a long way as well. The biggest thing with me last year was his non aggressive play and he seems to have addressed that this season . Obviously he might be a bit over paid but there is not much we can do about that Idiot Macc or his signings. In summary he is good for this young defense and they like him 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Totes.  I dunno what we'd do without his 3 TFLs, middling 6.8 % Missed Tackle Rate and 7.4 Yards per Target (despte a low dADOT of 2.9 yards) and dozens of tackles made 8+ yards from the LOS.  

This is the type of response I was looking for. His tackle and scream after a 9 yard gain made me laugh out loud. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I expect @Sperm Edwards and @Jetsfan80 to demand he be cut loose, then to complain loudly about everything other than LB play when our Defense takes a step backwards in 2024.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, ILB is the least important position other than SS these days, but keep advocating we pay that man 7 figures, King!  :) 

For real though, I've been advocating that we cut him to end his horrid contract then bring him back much cheaper.  He has SOME utility just not nearly enough to justify his salary.

• WTF? 1

Just now, frankiepapa said:

Assume he's ok as he went to the medical tent the other night.. think they can figure something out regarding his salary... not sure if Sherwood can fill his shoes

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Saleh said he would have come back in the game if we ended up scoring a TD and the raiders needed another drive 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This whole thread was designed to trigger me into a fiery, angry ball of rage.

I still keep my cool and will continue to do so as I ban everyone who is complimentary of CJ Mosley. 

#serenitynow

Just waiting for an all time war and peace like diatribe from you. Like the old days. I know you still got bullets in that chamber. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Denial ain't just a QB in Florham Park

It's funny really, just like with Zach Wilson, where the Organization clearly and unquestionably feels differently about him than many/most of us do, I think the same can be said for Mosely.  They clearly see him and value him differently than you or 80 do.

The general rule for guys named CJ on the Jets is they are apparently fantastic cheerleaders, but unfortunately not particularly good at actually playing the game of football. If they want to keep  this one of them around, then it would need to come with a MASSIVE pay cut, but in truth the only reason the LBs aren't a complete disaster this year is solely because of Quincy's breakout season.

Meanwhile CJ's greatest accomplishment is not getting blamed for plays that he ended up nowhere near entirely because he did another of his half-assed jogs behind every big play the D has given up all year. He is however really good at being the 4th guy to jump on the pile and then pretend like he made a meaningful contribution.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's funny really, just like with Zach Wilson, where the Organization clearly and unquestionably feels differently about him than many/most of us do, I think the same can be said for Mosely.  They clearly see him and value him differently than you or 80 do.

The same organization and coaching staff that feels lovey-dovey on Wilson feels that way about Mosley. Let that sink in as to telling how highly to value their opinions. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Mosley is a great presence on the field and in the locker room.  The closer he gets to a contract expiring or being terminable, the better he plays.  He is a smart guy.  

A Lamborghini is a great car. I can’t afford one.  Mosley is a very good, extremely expensive LB.  If he wants to play on AR8’s last season/s and compete for the playoffs with Saleh, he needs to agree to being paid FMV, not Maccagnan Value.  If he does not agree, he needs to go.  

• Upvote 3