Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Assuming that’s true, is the conclusion that saleh believes he will be gone after the season?

Even if he doesn't, his reputation took a massive hit this year. He's the head coach of a team with one of the worst offenses to ever exist.

They forced him to fire his offensive coordinator last year, and I doubt Hackett was his choice as a replacement.

Where's the proof?  He's gotten worse over his 3 years and has not done a thing to demonstrate he cares about football.
Newsflash:  Not everyone who plays in the NFL likes football.  Curtis Martin didn't, and he's a HOFer.
The proof???? Exhibit 1. Tim Boyle ... Exhibit 2... Trevor Semen.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Coaching is very overrated when it comes to QBs, it’s important but not nearly as important as the internal things. 

Most of it is you have it or you don’t. 

Yep.  These QBs ought to have dozens upon dozens of games under their belt at the lower levels.  They need to have picked up on the basics of playing the position or else they'll wash out.  A big reason Darnold was so bad is he didn't play QB in High School.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I’ll wait for more info before having an opinion, but something about this reporting just seems off.  

What I DO NOT get is how some of you are positively giddy over this report.  Like why?  Why celebrate drama (or potential drama) with your favorite team?  What purpose does this serve? 
What purpose does it serve to roll out the circus pics, etc.  What twisted pleasure do you guys derive from acting like 6th grade drama queens little girls over this type of stuff?  Most fans don’t want drama, but jets fans seem to crave it? 
End rant, I apologize .

the joker batman GIF

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

No level of humiliation is enough this season. This franchise has cucked its self over Aaron Rogers. How much worse can it get before the season is over?

He had the presence of mind to tell zach to play if needed.  Rodgers is a stand up guy and seems to be good for the locker room.  Wilson is not and it’s been the case for 3 yrs now

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Hex said:

The CS literally just went through all 3 of their uninjured QBs in 3 games, and want to cycle again. I would think you of all people would never want to see Zach play another snap for the Jets. When he shows that he doesn't really want to, you criticize him for coming to the same conclusion you have.

Of course I don't want to see him play.  But when the coach tells you to play and you don't, you're also a little b*tch.  So why isn't he deserving of criticism?  That's lunacy, dude.  All this just confirms what we know about him.  He's a coward on top of being terrible at football.  Even more of one than that boogie boarding loser Darnold.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He had the presence of mind to tell zach to play if needed.  Rodgers is a stand up guy and seems to be good for the locker room.  Wilson is not and it’s been the case for 3 yrs now

I do wonder how this impacts Rodgers’ thinking. This is major clown shoes stuff, filled with leaks (including about him) and a very public humiliation on a Monday, meaning it’ll be in the news cycle for a week at least. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hex said:

It's a bitch move to continually bench all of your QBs over and over again. Plus, he clearly isn't refusing if he does get offered it. He's just showing reluctance.

He can only put under center the QBs he's handed.  Might as well try all of them if each one he puts under center sucks sh*t. 

Sends a nice message to Woody and JD, no?  "YOU guys did this, not me."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I do wonder how this impacts Rodgers’ thinking. This is major clown shoes stuff, filled with leaks (including about him) and a very public humiliation on a Monday, meaning it’ll be in the news cycle for a week at least. 

Rogers hands aren't clean here.....  there's a reason GB didn't want him anymore.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Rodgers has done nothing to negatively impact his rep.  The d is still clearly good enough to win with.  He knows they have a top pick in the draft that will likely be used on a tackle.  He probably assumes the wrs who suck like Lazard will be better with him qb ing.  So i think there’s still talent here for him to win with.  But the hc is on his last leg and that also means the oc is too.  There are going to be repercussions from this disaster and rodgers could find himself in charge of a new offensive staff running it like manning did in denver

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Rogers hands aren't clean here.....  there's a reason GB didn't want him anymore.

Complete front office turnover in GB and new guys didn’t want rodgers running the show.  He lost a power struggle and they drafted his replacement.  But instead of sulking he responded by winning mvps.  

Sounds like this may have been false or at least the athletic used a large degree of poetic license when posting the story.  It’s either that or saleh is a bald headed liar.

All head coaches are liars. They have to be. Not on a personal level but in the media.
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Sounds like this may have been false or at least the athletic used a large degree of poetic license when posting the story.  It’s either than or saleh is a bald headed liar.

If Wilson does not start this upcoming Sunday, then the reports are true. Someone needs to pay for this season and it has to be the people that make these decisions!!! 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Coddled is one way to look at it.  I saw it as threw him to the wolves without a gun or a knife. 

Sam Darnold was thrown to the wolves.  Zach Wilson was not.  He had a good enough OL, a QB-friendly MLF offensive system, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and AVT, and a solid defense.  That's plenty. 

QBs get drafted high by awful teams that are much worse all the time, and quite a few of those QBs go on to succeed anyways.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

What's Saleh leaking? 

I think too many of you are enjoying the soap opera you're creating lol. Never seen so many stories and scenarios created out of a single tweet. 

Care to reconcile this stuff?  It's not just a single tweet my guy.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I never listen to the FAN anymore, but I turned it on to listen to Saleh, and left it on awhile longer. The biggest takeaway for me is this: why the **** is Robert Saleh texting Joe Beningo and why does Joe Beningo feel like it’s ok to share the content of those texts? Beningo shares that Saleh 1. Doesn’t like Zach, 2. Keeps a list of other coach’s records without their QB1, and 3. When Beningo texted Saleh that Zach gives him the best chance to win, Saleh replied, “Joe, are you kidding?” I know Francesa had personal relationships with Dolan, Parcells, Buck, etc, but even Francesa wouldn’t throw guys under the bus so explicitly. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Except leaking or even talking to a loudmouth like Benigno is disqualifying to be an HC. it's really dumb. He doesn't recognize there's barriers between coaches and the media for good reasons. Can't have some talk show moron spilling your thoughts for the whole NFL to know. It creates a problem very needlessly. 

Agree and this as much as anything else suggests he’s not cut out for this gig.  What i wonder is when it started, and was there always an agenda or did he just want a sounding board for his frustrations

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I’ve been writing it for days, the jets draft qbs based on all the wrong criteria.  Everything is tools and upside.  Then they draft guys like darnold and wilson with poor vision, footwork and accuracy.  At least darnold had more of a feel for the game and pocket awareness, but wilson has none.  

They don't even take guys with the RIGHT tools and upside.  Darnold and Wilson's upside really wasn't that high.  Meanwhile, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields were the ACTUAL high upside guys we passed on in those classes.

Is Fields good?  No.  But he's far better and more exciting than Zach Wilson.  And most importantly you can at least argue he likes football.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody wanted him back. We all know of the relationship between him and the Wilson family. There is that piece of things that complicates everything.

I don't see it, like at all, Woody is an idiot and he hires really bad football people, and is ultimately the reason we will never be good, but I see no reason why the Wilson family has any power at all over Woody Johnson or the Jets, none

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They don't even take guys with the RIGHT tools and upside.  Darnold and Wilson's upside really wasn't that high.  Meanwhile, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields were the ACTUAL high upside guys we passed on in those classes.

Is Fields good?  No.  But he's far better and more exciting than Zach Wilson.  And most importantly you can at least argue he likes football.

But the media said darnold was the top qb and they took him.  Then the media said wilson was clear qb 2 and they took him.  But everyone thought darnold would work.  

If douglas is allowed to pick another qb it’s going to be with different criteria.  I think saleh made reference to this recently about a conversation he had with douglas about this.  I think a perfect fit is Michael pratt of tulane, 4 yr starter, leader, average arm but has good mechanics, feel and can play the position.  Kinda the opposite of wilson.  Take him and if you need him to play in 2024 he will be ready.

• Upvote 1