Offseason/Draft Hypothetical

Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall given the board falls as described?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall?

The Commanders fire Ron Rivera and hire Jeff Ulbrich as their new head coach.  The Jets are sitting at #6 overall in the draft.

On draft day the board goes 

1) Bears - QB - Caleb Williams

2) Pats - QB -Drake Maye

3) Cardinals - Edge - Dallas Turner

4) Commanders

5) Bears

6) Jets

The Commanders GM calls and says Ulbrich wants Sauce bad and he's willing to trade #4 overall for him. With Marvin Harrison Jr. and Joe Alt on the board are you willing to move Sauce here? We could potentially land both with picks 4 & 6.

DALLE2023-12-2315_32.18-AshockedfanwearingaNewYorkJetsjerseywiththenumber1symbolizingSauceGardnersnumberinalivingroomdecoratedforanNFLDraftparty.thumb.png.9ff32d5ab89497c3688002740cbbb8dd.png

DALL·E 2023-12-23 15.27.58 - A shocked fan wearing a New York Jets jersey in a living room, surrounded by NFL Draft decorations. The room is decorated with banners and balloons, i.png

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You would only trade Sauce if you were doing a grojnd up rebuild and wanted to get to the top of the draft for a qb.

We have 0 interest in a qb or a rebuild so this makes no sense.

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.

I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.

I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

Damn you might have convinced me. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but my guess is Harrison is already gone at 4. I don’t think he makes it past 3. I think his grade is going to be ridiculously high. 

• Upvote 1

While a shutdown corner is so critical in terms of having success, Sauce is probably gonna go the route of Revis and when we get to that bridge, it's going to get ugly. If someone makes an offer similar to what JD got for Jamal Adams, do it.

Saleh doesn't utilize his talents correctly, anyway. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You would keep Sauce and just sign tee higgins or michael pittman in free agency.

Sauce + Higgins/Pittman is better then Harrison jr + ?.

No one cares about contracts 3 years from now.  We need to win in the next 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Commanders fire Ron Rivera and hire Jeff Ulbrich as their new head coach.  The Jets are sitting at #6 overall in the draft.

On draft day the board goes 

1) Bears - QB - Caleb Williams

2) Pats - QB -Drake Maye

3) Cardinals - Edge - Dallas Turner

4) Commanders

5) Bears

6) Jets

The Commanders GM calls and says Ulbrich wants Sauce bad and he's willing to trade #4 overall for him. With Marvin Harrison Jr. and Joe Alt on the board are you willing to move Sauce here? We could potentially land both with picks 4 & 6.

DALLE2023-12-2315_32.18-AshockedfanwearingaNewYorkJetsjerseywiththenumber1symbolizingSauceGardnersnumberinalivingroomdecoratedforanNFLDraftparty.thumb.png.9ff32d5ab89497c3688002740cbbb8dd.png

DALL·E 2023-12-23 15.27.58 - A shocked fan wearing a New York Jets jersey in a living room, surrounded by NFL Draft decorations. The room is decorated with banners and balloons, i.png

Or we could take the next 2 QBs so when this OL gets Rodgers killed we can run the rookies out there. I figure all 3 would be on IR by the 8th game.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Sauce is untouchable. I dunno where this narrative that he’s having a bad season has come from… what’s he given up 150 yards and maybe 1 touchdown all year? Some bad season

He’s a luxury and one of their best trade assets. If he generated turnovers I’d be more hesitant, but in this case it’s a no brainer. A team is giving up Marvin Harrison for Sauce though. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

He’s a luxury and one of their best trade assets. If he generated turnovers I’d be more hesitant, but in this case it’s a no brainer. A team is giving up Marvin Harrison for Sauce though. 

He might generate more turnovers if people threw at him. Nobody does

• Upvote 3

I don’t know if the rookie WR and LT mesh nicely with the timeline for 40 year old QB. It’ll be interesting to see what the roster looks like when Sauce is a little farther into his rookie deal though. Maybe a good time to move him in an effort to find the next QB while also benefitting from his rookie deal.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems rich for a +30 WR with a big contract. I think he should be cheaper to trade for.

Yeah... It is, but Raiders would want a 1st rd pick.  So forget it.  I just wish Saleh would use him a little differently sometimes.  It feels like he's wasting opportunities to get the most out of him.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah... It is, but Raiders would want a 1st rd pick.  So forget it.  I just wish Saleh would use him a little differently sometimes.  It feels like he's wasting opportunities to get the most out of him.

Would you trade our first round pick for Adams? I think that’s a more interesting (and realistic) scenario. I personally doubt Douglas would do that. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Sauce is untouchable. I dunno where this narrative that he’s having a bad season has come from… what’s he given up 150 yards and maybe 1 touchdown all year? Some bad season

He would not be untouchable if a new gm/coach came in here and we wanted to trade up in the draft to get a blue chip qb prospect.

But thats not happening so its a moot point.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Someone suggested Sauce to Raiders for Davonte Adams.

I would do that.

Raiders would do that .    Their young defense isn’t that far off.  Need a number 1 Cb , and top tier Dt.    A Cb room of S Gardner , Jack Jones , with ncb Nate Hobbs would be pretty awesome. j Bennett , Tyler hall and B Facyson nice Cb depth. .    
The Raiders still have so much on offense even without Devante Adams.  Tre Tucker with little more route refinement could be something special. ( has speed of H Ruggs without the vertical jump ) .   Raiders offense personnel is top five , they just didn’t get the Qb play you need.  ( love way A OConnell developing but he’s a rookie going through learning curve.     

• Upvote 1

Raiders would do that .    Their young defense isn’t that far off.  Need a number 1 Cb , and top tier Dt.    A Cb room of S Gardner , Jack Jones , with ncb Nate Hobbs would be pretty awesome. j Bennett , Tyler hall and B Facyson nice Cb depth. .    
The Raiders still have so much on offense even without Devante Adams.  Tre Tucker with little more route refinement could be something special. ( has speed of H Ruggs without the vertical jump ) .   Raiders offense personnel is top five , they just didn’t get the Qb play you need.  ( love way A OConnell developing but he’s a rookie going through learning curve.     
Wait .. rookies go through learning curves ?? Blasphemy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Would you trade our first round pick for Adams? I think that’s a more interesting (and realistic) scenario. I personally doubt Douglas would do that. 

It’s going to cost more than a first to get D Adams.  They going to want a defensive starter too.   Raiders aren’t that far off - there will be no rebuilding for the new regime.     The Raiders would trade Adams for Sauce Gardner straight up- they need number 1 Cb bad.

• Haha 1