Breer Offers Specifics on Cowherd Interview Regarding Jets GM Being Overruled

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m not trying to get into a **** measuring contest to point out all the things I’ve shared. Just making a point that the main thing that got a few of the legacy posters all riled up on here started with the news that Saleh was their top option when no one expected he would be (hell the Jets didn’t even go into it expecting him to be the top option, but JD and Saleh clicked and everyone loved his zoom interview). That’s when the attacks on credibility started for what reason I still don’t know lol

Maybe you really don't belong here. 

• Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m not trying to get into a **** measuring contest to point out all the things I’ve shared. Just making a point that the main thing that got a few of the legacy posters all riled up on here started with the news that Saleh was their top option when no one expected he would be (hell the Jets didn’t even go into it expecting him to be the top option, but JD and Saleh clicked and everyone loved his zoom interview). That’s when the attacks on credibility started for what reason I still don’t know lol

Probably, possibly, definitely off topic but speaking of the hiring process. I'm shocked that JD didn't bring in Doug Peterson for an interviewing give him serious consideration. The guy was only 2 years removed from outreaching Bill Belichick in a Super Bowl....not many people can say that.

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Probably, possibly, definitely off topic but speaking of the hiring process. I'm shocked that JD didn't bring in Doug Peterson for an interviewing give him serious consideration. The guy was only 2 years removed from outreaching Bill Belichick in a Super Bowl....not many people can say that.

It’s been reported that Saleh bombed the Lions interview (his hometown team) so it’s intersting to hear the Jets loved him and how each team had fared since then.

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think they had already done a bunch of interviews before Pederson was even fired.  Including Saleh and Daboll who were both top candidates.  Things went bad quick in Philly and presumably with guys that Douglas was tight with.  There was also the issue of tanking.  Pederson was accused of that and it was part of the reason he was canned and the Jets actually fired Gregg Williams that year because of the optics of tanking for Lawrence, which they then proceeded to fail to do.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s been reported that Saleh bombed the Lions interview (his hometown team) so it’s intersting to hear the Jets loved him and how each team had fared since then.

The media almost made fun of Dan Campbell constantly after his introduction speech which they related to a savage. I still have no idea why we didn't hire Doug Peterson during that hiring cycle or Mike McCarty the hiring cycle before that.

Both offense coaches, with experience grooming quarterbacks, and a Super Bowl ring and we? the Jets? are too good for that? hahaha, the team "brass" can't stop overthinking it and letting the media get into their little heads.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The media almost made fun of Dan Campbell constantly after his introduction speech which they related to a savage. I still have no idea why we didn't hire Doug Peterson during that hiring cycle or Mike McCarty the hiring cycle before that.

Both offense coaches, with experience grooming quarterbacks, and a Super Bowl ring and we? the Jets? are too good for that? hahaha, the team "brass" can't stop overthinking it and letting the media get into their little heads.

I think it’s because Woody likes to be involved and it’s easier to stay involved with a defensive coach. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think they had already done a bunch of interviews before Pederson was even fired.  Including Saleh and Daboll who were both top candidates.  Things went bad quick in Philly and presumably with guys that Douglas was tight with.  There was also the issue of tanking.  Pederson was accused of that and it was part of the reason he was canned and the Jets actually fired Gregg Williams that year because of the optics of tanking for Lawrence, which they then proceeded to fail to do.

Nothing defines this team more than your post right lol. 

Miss out on a Super Bowl coach because he got fired for tanking....when we were trying to tank....but just didn't want to admit it....and then fired our DC because it looks too obvious that we were tanking....and then refuse to interview/hire the good coach because he was doing the same sh*t we were doing but didn't want to admit we were doing and hiring him would admit what we were doing because he was already doing it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah IIRC Pederson was damaged goods when the Eagles dumped him. I think the rap on him was that he ran a loose ship but was also wasn’t a fan of Roseman running the team from above. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah IIRC Pederson was damaged goods when the Eagles dumped him. I think the rap on him was that he ran a loose ship but was also wasn’t a fan of Roseman running the team from above. 

My buddy is a huge Eagles fan and has said basically it was a case of Howie demanding Pederson fire Press Taylor for Wentz' troubles that year.

Pederson refused and we didn't interview him because some blogger posted "By my calculations Pederson is not a good hire for anyone because he has gray hair and just got fired"

Douglas and Saleh being lockstep doesn’t surprise me in the least. They seem like legit friends. I gather they both saw the writing on the wall about their prospects of landing into the big boy chair and obviously the Jets gig in each respect is on the bottom Of the totem pole for GMs and HC’s, but the upside is you make enough money for 4-5 years where money becomes totally inconsequential if you play your cards right. Everyone knows you gotta yes Woody and butter him up, but you also get to bring in your friends and get them promotions too. I’ve seen this exact situation play out before in my own life.

Look at Maccagnan, he knew his time was up and the Jets still gave him a promotion. If Gase decided not to be the HC version of Jay Cutler, he could have doubled his time with the Jets. Saleh gets the that part of it. Not sure about Douglas after the Jets, but Saleh won’t have issues landing a DC gig and installing his cover 2. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ekwonu has committed 12 penalties and allowed 10 sacks in 2023

Bryce Young is running for his life every week out there

So, if true, this serves as yet another reminder that Joe Douglas is an idiot who has no clue how to scout OL talent 

Hater

So was it ‘more’ 22 or just actually in 2022….sorry but I call bullsh*t on Albert Breer and the sad thing is way too many people want to believe this nonsense rather than objectively recognise this guy is simply making sh!t up 

And in terms of our GM’s since Woody has owned the team (and they’ve all been different variations of bad) Tannenbaum is probably easily the best of the bunch because he somewhat mastered the art of managing his boss (cratered with Favre) while the others especially the ones post Tanny, have navel gazed. I think this is why you’re seeing Leon Rose have some success with the Knicks ( who 5 years ago were worse off than the Jets).

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is because JD and Bob are basically on a one year deal - their choices will reflect that thought process.  Woody needs to keep an eye on the long term.

No well run organization goes into the offseason with a lame duck gm and a lame duck hc but apparently that's exactly what the Jets are going to do 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Like which ones? At some point, a play here and a play there should be made by the 4th overall pick. 

Sauce is a poor mans Richard Sherman ….Sherman was what ….a 5th round pick ? Lol 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think the jets are stubborn and have trouble admitting mistakes - this seems to be a core Joe Douglas trait. I also think this trait is exacerbated by Douglas and Saleh being delusionally positive about everything and everybody - Basically, a downstream effect of positive vibes only. 

Either way, Zach will be gone this offseason. I can’t wait. 

Bingo.  Douglas has done this repetitively, it's in no way exclusive to Wilson.  We got to have Mims eat up a bench spot for 2 years while never being activated because he couldn't even play special teams, only until JD could finally pretend it was a "win" when he supposedly traded him away... for a conditional pick with a condition never met.  Same for the nonsense with Mann for 3 years.

Similarly on the FA side, the continuous stream of washed-up has-beens who he gets duped into giving their last big payday, he still continues to stick with them on the roster over younger guys better than them, from Kalil to Gore to Uzomah to Cook.

The handling of Wilson is not an outlier, it's completely consistent for 5 years of JD.  He simply refuses any accountability for his failures, both in his roster moves (or lack thereof) and in his continuous hiding from the media.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I think it’s because Woody likes to be involved and it’s easier to stay involved with a defensive coach. 

Never mind the simple little fact that Woody had no part in the Saleh hire, considering that was done during the Chris Johnson era.

As much as you love a good conspiracy theory, as a general rule it usually helps for there to be at least one piece to it that isn't completely, objectively incorrect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Never mind the simple little fact that Woody had no part in the Saleh hire, considering that was done during the Chris Johnson era.

As much as you love a good conspiracy theory, as a general rule it usually helps for there to be at least one piece to it that isn't completely, objectively incorrect.

Woody has only hired defensive coaches. What are you getting at here. 

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No well run organization goes into the offseason with a lame duck gm and a lame duck hc but apparently that's exactly what the Jets are going to do 

Technically speaking, Saleh will still have 2 years left on his deal after this season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they throw another year onto the end of JD's contract this year to keep them in lockstep, as stupid as that might be.

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He had quite literally nothing to do with the interview/hire rounds being talked about.

Ok. And I was giving a reason on why he has only hired defensive first year coaches. Probably also why he’s fine with keeping him around while he loses. 

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

1) this is a distinction without a difference. Behavioral traits and the actions of people are still subject to the laws of probability and statistics.

2) Which “behavioral traits” and “actions” are you referring to in this case? Be specific. Which “coincidence” is hard for you to believe? Be specific. 

Cunnilingus and Psychiatry has ruined us all.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, football guy said:

I agree with you. Unfortunately most organizations don't work this way. Of the 31 teams with owners, more than half involve themselves in football decisions. 

That in no way justifies Woody's involvement here.  "But everyone does it".  LOL. I don't care. When Woody does it he is an a$$hole.   Woody has f'd up things under multiple regimes. There's no denial. He was surely the final decision on Rodgers, Wilson, and probably for the better, Sauce.  Tebow, Sanchez extension, etc  But that's our Woody!  

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That in no way justifies Woody's involvement here.  "But everyone does it".  LOL. I don't care. When Woody does it he is an a$$hole.   Woody has f'd up things under multiple regimes. There's no denial. He was surely the final decision on Rodgers, Wilson, and probably for the better, Sauce.  Tebow, Sanchez extension, etc  But that's our Woody!  

Right?  Other owners inject themselves into football decisions but we’re the only ones with the 13-year playoff drought and no viable plan at the moment other than running it back and praying Rodgers isn’t cooked, with no long-term solution at QB in sight.  

A good owner would recognize he needs to get out of the way and hire an actual adult to run things but of course Woody doesn’t see it that way.  He believes he’s an adult because he grew up on third base and thinks he hit a Triple.  

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

Couldn't agree more.  But the Jets continue to buck the trends - I think they've figured out how to hack the NFL...

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

As usual, the Johnsons look at "the interview" as the most important thing. Toughness, I'm sure, was discussed at length. Never look at whether the coach knows how an NFL offense works. But oh, so wonderful in his interview.