****OFFICIAL END THE NIGHTMARE SEASON JETS V PATS GAME THREAD****

Just now, oatmeal said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

Your franchise hasn’t won jack in 5O+ seasons and we are the losers ??

Jet fan logic 

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

You root for the same franchise... What is your point... 

Losers root to lose... The difference between drafting 7th and 9th is not going to change the franchise

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

Robert, after shaving his dyed beard, promises 2024 is gonna be WAY, WAY BETTER!  WE'RE CLOSE!

Right. This franchise is a national joke. And until they change that on the field for real it's nothing but running your mouth. 

Talk is cheap and abundant with Robert Saleh. And that blasted fool Robert Wood Johnson Roman Numerals is probably having a big party tonight because they FINALLY beat the Pats.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’d say now there’s a better chance of trading back, assuming we don’t get one of the top LTs.  If they find a team that wants a qb, they can slide back.  Also the top defensive players will be there.  

I agree I think this is shaping up to a trade back year. 

for what it’s worth, noted oline guru Duke Mayweather is very high on this class for oline. 

I don’t think it’s Alt and then trash. 

Saleh and JD loose so much they literally need hollow wins like this to stay afloat. Desperate clowns that killed our tank because they are so thirsty for wins.

logic be dammed when it comes to  anything regarding the jets 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’d say now there’s a better chance of trading back, assuming we don’t get one of the top LTs.  If they find a team that wants a qb, they can slide back.  Also the top defensive players will be there.  

That's my hope, as well. But alas, Dogass will **** it up royally.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

I agree I think this is shaping up to a trade back year. 

for what it’s worth, noted oline guru Duke Mayweather is very high on this class for oline. 

I don’t think it’s Alt and then trash. 

The main issue for the jets is, they’re not keeping becton, they don’t have a LT on the roster, and they’re going to have major trouble getting one in FA.  So i predict they’ll sign some tackle and pencil AVT in at LT, so they can go into the draft without an obvious need for a LT.  Then it may just come down to how they presumably change the ol coach and scheme and what types of linemen fit that scheme.  They can probably take the best RT if they stay put.  Or they’ll probably be able to slide back and then grab a tackle in the teens.  An extra day 2 pick means another guard or wr and that’s probably the best use of the 1st rounder, turning it into 2 offensive players.  And that’s before they do anything with huff.  If they’re really committed to competing in 2024, they’re going to have to really go all offense in the draft early on.  Trades, targeting players.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Jesus. Can we really not cut Lazard? Brutal. 

These clowns are literally putting everything on the shoulders of a 40 year old coming off a major injury.

He couldn’t do it in GB in a weaker division and conference, with a better supporting cast but he WILL SAVE US!

i hate this stupid org and these clowns deserve all the pain that will come to them next year

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Garrett Wilson was pick 10

Jermaine Johnson was pick 26

Breece Hall was pick 36

Michael Carter II was pick 154

Bryce Huff was undrafted

There will be a stud available at where we end up picking. 

ZAch wilson was drafted 2, mechi becton was drafted 11

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

These clowns are literally putting everything on the shoulders of a 40 year old coming off a major injury.

He couldn’t do it in GB in a weaker division and conference, with a better supporting cast but he WILL SAVE US!

i hate this stupid org and these clowns deserve all the pain that will come to them next year

It’s all they have and they painted themselves into a corner.  I’d use a pick from 2025 to get a qb in here b/c that guy is going to be the best backup they can get.  And he’lll wind up playing half the season anyway

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So you think Alt is gonna suck huh ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We are not getting Alt, we will be getting a trash player like jc latham because we are forced to take an ot and the top guys will be gone by 11 or whatever we are picking.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

And instead we got an all time bust. All for a stupid meaningless win. Cool.

You can move on from a bust. You don't move on from a decent QB who doesn't move the needle. We are better off with busting on Zach than having Lawrence. We would get two more wins and no playoffs. HARD PASS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, varjet said:

We would be lucky to get the third best OT.  Lucky. Very lucky.  

We would be lucky to get Brock Bowers. 

Plenty good / great players get picked outside of the top 10. We need to practice at that to get better at it. ;-)  

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not getting Alt, we will be getting a trash player like jc latham because we are forced to take an ot and the top guys will be gone by 11 or whatever we are picking.

Eeyore Quote" Greeting Card for Sale by unhingedheather | Redbubble

Or we might get the next Justin Jefferson type player who everyone wonders why they were still on the board at that point.

I know we won't likely take a QB but Mahomes was #10 pick and Watson was #12.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's all about the scouting and development

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No question. It's why teams who regularly pick in the 20-32 range find talent late in the first round. San Francisco survived trading three #1 picks for a bigger bust than Zach Wilson. Not only survived, but found their QB with the LAST pick in the draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1