It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Where do you see $8MM in easily obtained incentives?

Maybe I'm missing something but his max incentives seem to be $1.76MM if he plays every game and makes the probowl.

Even if he hits that $19MM it won't even rank in the top-20 once Evans, Pittman, Higgins, Ridley, and Berrios get their 2024 FA deals, and early extensions are further dished out to any among Lamb, Chase, Jefferson, Waddle, Aiyuk, and Nico.

I only looked at the chart posted in this thread, but doesn’t it say he gets 500k (possible 8.5 mil)  for each game he plays and another couple hundred grand for workout bonuses?

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

It's the same "fans" who think Dogass and Salad know what they're doing. LOL

This 

The amount of bush leaguers asking for this nonsensical trade in this fan base even surprised me!

You would assume by now the majority of us are the weathered vets who been down this road before

BUT

SILLY ME!!! 😂😂😂

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I only looked at the chart posted in this thread, but doesn’t it say he gets 500k (possible 8.5 mil)  for each game he plays and another couple hundred grand for workout bonuses?

lmao it's $510K for the season, not for each game.

It's $30K per game x 17 games.

5 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

His contract is so punitive  for Vegas next year that i don't think it'll take a 1st round pick.  

Current Contract

(Franchise, signed 2022)
 (📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Per Game Roster Bonus Workout Bonus Other Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $98,700,000 $39,250,000 $2,550,000 $500,000 $500,000   $26,420,000   $140,500,000    
2022 30 $3,500,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $3,500,000   $12,210,000 5.9%      
2023 📝 31 $6,030,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $6,030,000   $14,740,000 6.3%      
2024 32 $16,890,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $16,890,000   $25,350,000 10.1%  
$40,440,000
($15,090,000)
2025 33 $35,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 17.0%  
$15,700,000
$28,400,000
2026 34 $36,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 15.5%  
$7,850,000
$36,250,000

@Sperm Edwards I’m reading this as $510k per game? 
I’ll defer to you though, you know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

20 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This 

The amount of bush leaguers asking for this nonsensical trade in this fan base even surprised me!

You would assume by now the majority of us are the weathered vets who been down this road before

BUT

SILLY ME!!! 😂😂😂

Day two. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Sperm Edwards I’m reading this as $510k per game? 
I’ll defer to you though, you know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

It means $510K in per-game roster bonuses, not $510K per game in roster bonuses.

He's adding up the total (of the $30K/game roster bonuses) so you can just add the columns across from left to right, without the need to first multiply this one column by 17. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Where do you see $8MM in easily obtained incentives?

Maybe I'm missing something but his max incentives seem to be $1.76MM if he plays every game and makes the probowl.

Even if he hits that $19MM it won't even rank in the top-20 once Evans, Pittman, Higgins, Ridley, and Berrios get their 2024 FA deals, and early extensions are further dished out to any among Lamb, Chase, Jefferson, Waddle, Aiyuk, and Nico.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

I can definitely see Douglas mortgaging the future to land Adams. There's absolutely no guarantee that Douglas could land a top tier free agent wide receiver, because the Jets just won't be an attractive destination with so many questions surrounding Rodgers in 2024, the offensive line and the coaching situation. Tee Higgins is going to be sought after by numerous teams and it would need to be a massive over-pay to get him to come to New York. I fully expect Evans to re-sign with the Buccaneers. He'll get a sense of what he's worth on the open market, take it back to the Bucs and tells them that he'll re-sign if they agreed to match it (or possibly give him 90% of the top salary he could get on the open market).

I'm not across the cap considerations, but I would daresay that Douglas will look to restructure a few contracts to open salary cap space, and he'll pull picks forward from 2025 to get Adams to New York.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I can definitely see Douglas mortgaging the future to land Adams. There's absolutely no guarantee that Douglas could land a top tier free agent wide receiver, because the Jets just won't be an attractive destination with so many questions surrounding Rodgers in 2024, the offensive line and the coaching situation. Tee Higgins is going to be sought after by numerous teams and it would need to be a massive over-pay to get him to come to New York. I fully expect Evans to re-sign with the Buccaneers. He'll get a sense of what he's worth on the open market, take it back to the Bucs and tells them that he'll re-sign if they agreed to match it (or possibly give him 90% of the top salary he could get on the open market).

I'm not across the cap considerations, but I would daresay that Douglas will look to restructure a few contracts to open salary cap space, and he'll pull picks forward from 2025 to get Adams to New York.

Adams isn't expensive for a veteran star WR1. 

Question is more what it'd take in trade to get him. It's not going to be nutty, seeing how he's 32 and in effect has just one real contract year remaining (the final two non-guaranteed years at $35MM apiece were fluff to just bring up the average, but he'll never see either of them). 

Obviously the move is to trade them Lazard for Adams even-up.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

I don’t give two wet sh*ts about 3+ years from now. Rodgers will be gone and we’ll be blowing everything up again anyway.

Douglas and Saleh have to do whatever it takes to succeed next season. Their asses are going to be blistering for at least the next full calendar year.

You absolutely pair up Adams with Wilson on the outside if it’s even remotely feasible.

Or we can sign a FA WR and not have to trade draft capital.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Malcolm Koonce is B Huff . ( one more year before he’s unrestricted Fa)   He finished with *8 sacks ( had four sacks taken away due to penalty)   Since Antonio Pierce took over he’s been a monster , and established himself as the legitimate De starter opposite Max Crosby .  ( finally put it all together as speed and bend was always there)  The Raiders have to pay Malcolm Koonce this offseason . With Tyree Wilson ( always was going to take him a year - was effective playing Dt.  And Janarius Robinson   

Raiders don’t need Huff as they have a lot money tied up in De position already.    Time to get big Fa Dt .   Add big Fa Dt to go with their young Dts and than you have something special.        Cb room    Need number 1 cb opposite Jack Jones . . Nate Hobbs is one better nickel cbs.  

You guys keeping Pierce as HC?  Imo, he certainly earned the job.  

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

I don’t give two wet sh*ts about 3+ years from now. Rodgers will be gone and we’ll be blowing everything up again anyway.

Douglas and Saleh have to do whatever it takes to succeed next season. Their asses are going to be blistering for at least the next full calendar year.

You absolutely pair up Adams with Wilson on the outside if it’s even remotely feasible.

Go Get Adams!!!

Back in August, 2023 this was what was written about the Rams post-SB rebuild.

No 1st round pick but ended up with 14 selections.

Round 2 • Pick 5 (36) • G Steve Avila
Round 3 • Pick 14 (77) • EDGE Byron Young
Round 3 • Pick 26 (89) • DT Kobie Turner
Round 4 • Pick 26 (128) • QB Stetson Bennett
Round 5 • Pick 26 (161) • EDGE Nick Hampton
Round 5 • Pick 39 (174) • OT Warren McClendon Jr.
Round 5 • Pick 40 (175) • TE Davis Allen
Round 5 • Pick 42 (177) • WR Puka Nacua
Round 6 • Pick 5 (182) • CB Tre Tomlinson
Round 6 • Pick 12 (189) • EDGE Ochaun Mathi

THE RAMS DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THEY'RE REBUILDING. BUT REALITY IS CLEAR

By Martin Rogers
Updated Aug 17, 2023 3:12 pm ET

The Los Angeles Rams don't want to declare a rebuild, so how about we try to find another appropriate description?

Let's start with the specifics. The team that won the Super Bowl in February of 2022 on the back of a series of splashy signings didn't acquire anyone in free agency except a backup QB on a minimum contract and a cut-rate receiver for… very slightly more than that.

Their roster is so jam-packed with rookies that it is the veterans who are looking around the locker room in search of a familiar face to talk to.

Their COO, Kevin Demoff, was moved to write a letter explaining why the same level of expectation should not be in place this time around because, in short, the Rams are taking one on the chin in the hope for better years ahead.

"We have taken all of our salary cap pain in 2023," Demoff's missive told season-ticket holders.

That pain involves a whopping $72.2 in dead cap money this season, thereby freeing up more than $60 million in space for 2024, which will be the most the franchise has held since moving back to Los Angeles.

This summer there were no big additions. No Von Miller-type, Odell Beckham-type, Jalen Ramsey-type maneuvers designed to give a get-us-over-the-top edge.

So what to call it then? A remodel? A refit, rework, rejig, regeneration? How about ... er, rebuild?

"During the trade deadline this past year, it was clear that in a new era where teams were willing to be as aggressive as we were, that we had neither the draft capital nor the salary cap space to win trade conversations and be able to take on top players at the salaries they would command," Demoff's letter stated.

General manager Les Snead has said they will be the "boring" Rams this year, at least in terms of off-field machinations. They are looking for stability, not fireworks, after a post-Super Bowl team that was historically miserable, checking in at 5-12 after a flame-out of a campaign.

There are good ways to back up a Super Bowl title, not-so-good ways, and then there is the way the Rams did it. Yes, they were injury-jinxed, especially on the offensive line, but it still got really ugly, very quickly.

They lost their last five division games and won only twice after Oct. 16. Six straight defeats in the middle of the season meant the Super Bowl triumph buzz was quickly drained away.

That title was a blockbuster, and winning it in their own stadium made the champagne taste all the sweeter. Now it is time to feel the flip side.

The reality of that means head coach Sean McVay's roster entering training camp included 36 rookies, 14 of them picked by the club in the most recent draft. Yeah, that's a rebuild.

There are untested players in key positions but still a sprinkling of stars, with Matthew Staffordunder center despite some summer trade rumors, Aaron Donald still around despite another round of retirement speculation and Cooper Kupp back as one of the league's best receivers.

It sets up an interesting spot, especially in the NFC West. The San Francisco 49ers are the divisional favorite but have some quarterback uncertainty, with Brock Purdy coming back from elbow surgery. The Seattle Seahawks are next on the list and have some cause for optimism, behind the AP Comeback Player of the Year, Geno Smith. The Arizona Cardinals were bad last season, and are the betting favorites for the No. 1 pick in 2024.

"The Rams are not in a terrible place," FS1's Colin Cowherd said, on The Herd. "If you look at their schedule, this is why I tend to be higher on the Rams than everyone else.

"They only face three great, elite quarterbacks. I think they are 8-9 or 9-8 – I think they fight with Seattle for a wildcard spot the final week of the year."

They'd take that. For now. Los Angeles is a city where there is so much to do that winning matters, especially when you've already done it once, and especially when you have an owner, Stan Kroenke, who's one of the richest in the league.

But now is the time to pay the tab that was accrued in building that Super Bowl success. Frame it however you want, it sounds like a rebuild. The Rams just hope it's a short one.

Martin Rogers is a columnist for FOX Sports and the author of the FOX Sports Insider newsletter. Follow him on Twitter 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Just throw the bag at Tee Higgins or draft Nabors or my personal favorite WR not named Harrison Jr.  Adonai Mitchell from Texas think he will be a stud at the next level and a perfect size and speed guy to complement Wilson.

Tee bag?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

My only problem with Bakhtiari is his injury history over the last few years. He's long in the tooth. I'd hate like hell he gets signed to a contract and then get hurt and doesn't play in 2024. Becton? Even if his injuries are behind him, he kind of sucks. 

The injury thing sure, but he's actually the same age that Faneca was when we brought him in, and he was like the "missing piece" on that OL back in those AFC Championship Game days.  Not to say Bakhtiari would be that for us, but he certainly has the talent.  It would 100% be all about his health.

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It’s going to cost a lot more than a first to get D Adams .   Raiders are eating a

of money trading him .   They trade him, he’s going to be used to move up to get their Qb.   ( that’s the only way he’s getting traded)     Raiders are just a couple pieces away .   This isn’t any rebuild job.     Need a Dt( top Fa ) and top cb ( draft).  That’s it on defense .  Malcom koonce has established himself the starter opposite Crosby ( light came on.  Tyree Wilson was always going to take a year .( play very well Dt) 

Raiders will get a Qb to compete with A O’Connell.( with the right system you can win with him).   Adam Gase had his fingers all over the offense when A Pierce was named the coach .   Why I’m leery of Ap getting the job - you must do better than A Gase. 

theyll take a 2 and 3 and be grateful they even got that. Jets will take the bulk of the contract,

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or we can sign a FA WR and not have to trade draft capital.

Who, realistically?

What are the odds that a guy like Higgins or Evans actually makes it to FA? And even if they did, who’s to say they would choose the Jets over a team like the Chiefs, Texans, etc?

Adams may be the Jets best and most realistic shot at adding a proven top tier playmaker to the offense, even if he is on the wrong side of 30.

15 hours ago, usanyj said:

This is where the problem is...Douglas is GMing for his job this offseason...He isn't looking toward 2025...What needed to happen and isn't is Douglas and Saleh being fired and the new GM and Coach being told you have at least a year of rodgers, and we will go for it in 2024, but have a long term view for the future, take a QB in round 2 (if you could get a pick) or round 3. Have him sit behind rodgers as a 3.

Instead, you have two guys in desperation mode trying a quick fix, that will blow up in a year or 2 and we are right back to no qb and no coach and gm...

Not firing Douglas and Saleh will have effects years down the road.

Ehhh dont know about that. ROdgers has satted he wasnts to play at least another two years which means any 'future' plans will be put on hold as long as Rodgers is here. Now if they dont get to the promised land before Rodgers retires, then they're both gone for sure, Until then, its Fric & Frac. 

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You guys keeping Pierce as HC?  Imo, he certainly earned the job.  

Whose really knows at this point .   The star players want Antonio Pierce. ( Giants want him to be their Dc) but  seems M Davis wants big name.( Harbaugh or vrabel).  If Harbaugh gets the job then the colts  assistant Gm will become Gm. ( Ed Dobbs ). 
I don’t make the decision but I think if I was making the decision I would want to know who he’s bringing in to be OC .     If his name is Adam Gase ( who finger prints were all over the offense under Ap ) then I would go in another direction .  If he gets the gig Marvin Lewis will be his staff as adviser. 

I thought the Gm job was settled Champ Kelly was going to get the job.( still might - but he guaranteed to get Gm job somewhere if the Raiders don’t hire him .) The Raiders get two third round compensation picks if he signs with another team to be their Gm.  ( they could use that draft capital to use to go get their Qb which going to be expensive)   They’re  interviewing Adam Peters for the Gm job.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

theyll take a 2 and 3 and be grateful they even got that. Jets will take the bulk of the contract,

The Raiders paid most of his salary already .   They take a big cap hit if they trade him.   You can think 2 and third would be enough,  but not even close .     No sense arguing we will see what they get IF they trade him. 

This Raiders team isn’t that far off from being a legitimate contender .   This isn’t a rebuild have too many pieces you need at important positions.  They have nine draft picks in this coming draft .( could have 11 if someone hires their interim Gm they would get two third round picks as compensation - not sure if it would be this year or next) .    Point is D Adams , j Meyers, and Tre Tucker going to be star ( speed to burn) with a real Te Michael Mayer ( block and catch)  .    They have top five talent at the skill positions.    Offensive line They have two key pieces Lt Kolton Miller one better Lt .   And Center D Parham  ( let starter a James go in Fa) and slide him to center.( Kelce saw him at senior bowl said he has tools to be top center.  I move t Munford to Lg , and resign Rt J Eluemunor to play Rg .  Need a Rt - Dalton wagner guy they hid on Ir will compete with whoever they draft.    Okay if play Eluemunor at Rt and find a Rg .    If they retain oline coach Carmine Bruscillo -  he’s one of the better offense line coaches who will find a way .    

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders paid most of his salary already .   They take a big cap hit if they trade him.   You can think 2 and third would be enough,  but not even close .     No sense arguing we will see what they get IF they trade him. 

This Raiders team isn’t that far off from being a legitimate contender .   This isn’t a rebuild have too many pieces you need at important positions.  They have nine draft picks in this coming draft .( could have 11 if someone hires their interim Gm they would get two third round picks as compensation - not sure if it would be this year or next) .    Point is D Adams , j Meyers, and Tre Tucker going to be star ( speed to burn) with a real Te Michael Mayer ( block and catch)  .    They have top five talent at the skill positions.    Offensive line They have two key pieces Lt Kolton Miller one better Lt .   And Center D Parham  ( let starter a James go in Fa) and slide him to center.( Kelce saw him at senior bowl said he has tools to be top center.  I move t Munford to Lg , and resign Rt J Eluemunor to play Rg .  Need a Rt - Dalton wagner guy they hid on Ir will compete with whoever they draft.    Okay if play Eluemunor at Rt and find a Rg .    If they retain oline coach Carmine Bruscillo -  he’s one of the better offense line coaches who will find a way .    

This Raiders team isnt that far off from being a legitimate contender 

ok well trade you Zach Wilson to make your dreams come true 

In all honesty I do think he gets traded to us.

I think it takes a 3rd this year and a mid rounder next year to get it done.

Which I also think Adams then big time renegotiates his deal and gives us a discount like AR did to try and win and use money elsewhere as well.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:15 AM, Green Ghost said:

GW wanted his old #.
But go ahead talk about getting DeVante Adams here. We’re not giving up the #10 pick for him, and we don’t have a 2nd rounder. Then there’s his contract.

Aaron Rodgers to DeVante Adams is so 2018.

why would he cost that much? maybe a 5th or a 6th.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Well enjoy Lazard as your number 2 next year,   He’s a Rodgers guy so you know he will make it work for you .

I correctly before the season predicted lazard woudl be the same lazard he was in green bay, WR3 at best and not really a great one.

Lazard did exactly what he did all his carreer. It was plain as day and I guess could make sense if you counted on Corey Davis being that WR2 in our offense. i think it is perfectly reasonable to think that, but as anythign more than WR3 he is just not up to the task either by talent or motivation.

It was obvisouly a mistake to put that much on his shoulders this year, even with Rodgers it would have been too much, we saw green bay do the exact same thing and fail. THen we did it without rogders but with hacket, and get even worse results. 

I hope your team trades him to us, that would be great! 

On 1/9/2024 at 2:35 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It won’t take a first and certainly not #10 overall for a 1-year rental.

That’s absurd.

I Don think it’ll be a one year rental.  I’m not sure it’ll take to get him from the raiders but it is very doubtful Douglas will offer up any good draft picks.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Didn't we already debunk the whole thing about the jersey? Davante Adams isn't coming here.

I dont think the jersey thing indicates anything other than wilson wanted his old number, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt go after adams. 

THe biggest issue is that the raiders finally got a good coach and the team loves winning, I doubt adams wants to come here or that the raiders want to get rid of him. That is the issue.

• Upvote 1