It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

Feels like a situation where an aggressive conditional pick in 2025 lets Douglas keep draft capital while worrying about the future if he gets there as he tries to save his job and the Raiders get to save face a little by pointing to maybe getting something pretty solid.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I dont think the jersey thing indicates anything other than wilson wanted his old number, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt go after adams. 

THe biggest issue is that the raiders finally got a good coach and the team loves winning, I doubt adams wants to come here or that the raiders want to get rid of him. That is the issue.

I come away with the same thing. Glad everyone is enjoying this thread though. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I come away with the same thing. Glad everyone is enjoying this thread though. 

dude this thread is awesome! Also I wish we coudl get adams. but really i would be happy if we can get any solid WR2. our new corey davis with maybe a 2nd round WR. that owuld be nice

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:Feels like a situation where an aggressive conditional pick in 2025 lets Douglas keep draft capital while worrying about the future if he gets there as he tries to save his job and the Raiders get to save face a little by pointing to maybe getting something pretty solid.

The only way the Raiders even think trading still one premier wide receivers in the game  is to use as draft capital to trade up for franchise qb.( going to be expensive to move up for that Qb.  Last year Ziegler( Gm)  was going to trade up for Cj Stroud  with the Bears , but was overruled by josh Mcdaniels. ( his boss)     They know it’s going to cost multiple first round draft choices and much more to move up for that Qb .      If you tell me Michael Penix would be there at 13 , or when bears second first round pick come up ( Raiders Fo and Bears Fo know each other) you don’t even think about trading D Adams .   Raiders could sign Russell Wilson for 1 .1 million dollars ( Broncos pay the rest) when he’s cut. ( would love  to show up Broncos but would he ruin the chemistry in locker room. ( no one likes him) 

You put a lineup Lt Kolton Miller ( top 7 Lt when healthy) Lg T Munford ( like better here than rt C move him here Dylan Parham ( let Andre James whose a. Solid starter but struggles against the big Dt  go in Fa. Rg Dj Fluker - in tremendous shape Rt -re-sign  J Eluemunor    Dalton Wagner Undrafted Fa they hid away on ir.  ( can only play Rt)ideallly Eluemunor would be swing tackle .  You get someone in draft or fa that better than him.   If not okay playing him there.  Russell Wilson   Wr Devante Adams 1a 1b Jakobi Meyers  Slot wr Tre Tucker - speed to burn  Hunter Renfrow will be June 1 cut with Jimmy G .   Te Michael Mayer a complete Te .( block and catch ) they probably let Josh Jacobs go z White proved he can be the guy .  

The defense is young and really came on improve so much under Antonio pierce. They are just a couple pieces away they need Bigtime  Dt ( this where you pay big time in Fa) , and top cb .  ( draft)   Raiders kicking game Kicker and punter are elite .   

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Whose really knows at this point .   The star players want Antonio Pierce. ( Giants want him to be their Dc) but  seems M Davis wants big name.( Harbaugh or vrabel).  If Harbaugh gets the job then the colts  assistant Gm will become Gm. ( Ed Dobbs ). 
I don’t make the decision but I think if I was making the decision I would want to know who he’s bringing in to be OC .     If his name is Adam Gase ( who finger prints were all over the offense under Ap ) then I would go in another direction .  If he gets the gig Marvin Lewis will be his staff as adviser. 

I thought the Gm job was settled Champ Kelly was going to get the job.( still might - but he guaranteed to get Gm job somewhere if the Raiders don’t hire him .) The Raiders get two third round compensation picks if he signs with another team to be their Gm.  ( they could use that draft capital to use to go get their Qb which going to be expensive)   They’re  interviewing Adam Peters for the Gm job.  

I guess if you have a shot at Harbaugh or Vrabel then you might as well go in that direction.  But otherwise, I think Pierce would be a good candidate.  I assume he wouldn't accept DC at this point?  It would almost be a slap in the face since he really did enough to earn the HC job, imo.

• Upvote 1

• I don't understand how people think that the Raiders won't give him up.
  • They can keep him this year if they think they will be competitive.  If not they should take something for him and save the $17.5mm cash cost for him.  
  • But he is not really under contract beyond 2024-those other years are effectively void years.   I don't think the Raiders or anyone else is paying 32 year old DA $36mm to play WR.   The Raiders have to cut him in 2025 and take the $15.7mm cap hit.  
  • What is a one year rental of a great but older WR worth?  I don't think its a first round pick.  DA can't even be franchised in 2025-either you pay his contract salary, or you cut him. 
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:
  • They can keep him this year if they think they will be competitive.  If not they should take something for him and save the $17.5mm cash cost for him.  
  • But he is not really under contract beyond 2024-those other years are effectively void years.   I don't think the Raiders or anyone else is paying 32 year old DA $36mm to play WR.   The Raiders have to cut him in 2025 and take the $15.7mm cap hit.  
  • What is a one year rental of a great but older WR worth?  I don't think its a first round pick.  DA can't even be franchised in 2025-either you pay his contract salary, or you cut him. 

Zach Wilson for Adams make it happen Tanny!

Only trade I’d ever like for Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, varjet said:

This is correct.  

Now, under normal circumstances I would say no way the Jets give up anything more than a 4th to take this major cap hit off the Raiders hands...

But Joe Douglas seemingly likes to bid against himself and over pay for aging, past their prime vets.  It wouldn't surprise me if they give up more but it would be entirely unnecessary.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

dude this thread is awesome! Also I wish we coudl get adams. but really i would be happy if we can get any solid WR2. our new corey davis with maybe a 2nd round WR. that owuld be nice

They don’t have a 2nd round pick 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:16 PM, varjet said:
  • What is a one year rental of a great but older WR worth?  I don't think it’s a first round pick.  DA can't even be franchised in 2025-either you pay his contract salary, or you cut him. 

Raiders have a lot of pieces to make serious run at a championship next season.   The Raiders young defense was one of the best defense once  Antonio Pierce took over .( only two pieces Dt, Cb  from being really good)     The Raiders have top five talent on offense.  There kicking game top notch .( They can draft a Qb this year,  and sign Russell Wilson to be the bridge Qb .     Russell Wilson did pretty good playing in d Brees offense , that not R Wilson strength .R Wilson only counts 1.1 million as Denver on the books for the rest. The Raiders have D Adams true number 1a, Jakobi Meyers Wr 1b, and Tre Tucker( what Henry Ruggs should have been in the slot .  They have complete Te in M Mayer ( top five Te) , They have top ten Lt ( K Miller).   I expect they let c Andre James sign elsewhere, and slide Parham to center.  ( Jason Kelce says he has chance to be top center).   Josh Jacobs will leave but Zamir White has looked impressive down the stretch.   Raiders will get another Rb in the draft.   

whoever get the Raiders job this isn’t a rebuild . This team with couple moves can win a championship next year.

Raiders will trade D Adams but it’s going to cost a lot .  Way more than a lot Jet fans are willing to spend.  Like me you don’t have a say because you don’t have skin in the game.   The Jets fo under tremendous pressure to win next year. They are going to do whatever they have to give them best chance.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:59 PM, varjet said:

We should give the Raiders a 4th round pick in 2024 and an additional 2nd round pick if he is on the Jets roster on opening day in 2025.  

Jets call the Raiders they offer that they ( the Raiders) would laugh and hang up.    Jets just have to go in another direction.    Devante Adams is still one of the premier number 1 Wr in the game. ( just due to Qb situation ) a lot team with Raider their top five talent numbers were effected.

Doubt Adams is changing teams. He's on his childhood team and clearly is happier with the change in leadership. If he's interacting with the Jets it's to use as a footstool for leverage to get a better contract.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Doubt Adams is changing teams. He's on his childhood team and clearly is happier with the change in leadership. If he's interacting with the Jets it's to use as a footstool for leverage to get a better contract.

Raiders would have to get a ridiculous offer for Devante Adams to trade him.   Some team makes that offer , they have to make that trade.   Jet fans wouldn’t be happy what it’s going to take, but their front office is very desperate to try and win it all next year.      If not they are contempt to have number 1 caliber wr.  If Antonio Pierce is named the coach 70 % percent he will with the Raiders.  Harbaugh is named the coach 30% I say he stays a Raider.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:00 AM, Raideraholic said:

Whose really knows at this point .   The star players want Antonio Pierce. ( Giants want him to be their Dc) but  seems M Davis wants big name.( Harbaugh or vrabel).  If Harbaugh gets the job then the colts  assistant Gm will become Gm. ( Ed Dobbs ). 
I don’t make the decision but I think if I was making the decision I would want to know who he’s bringing in to be OC .     If his name is Adam Gase ( who finger prints were all over the offense under Ap ) then I would go in another direction .  If he gets the gig Marvin Lewis will be his staff as adviser. 

I thought the Gm job was settled Champ Kelly was going to get the job.( still might - but he guaranteed to get Gm job somewhere if the Raiders don’t hire him .) The Raiders get two third round compensation picks if he signs with another team to be their Gm.  ( they could use that draft capital to use to go get their Qb which going to be expensive)   They’re  interviewing Adam Peters for the Gm job.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39298793/sources-antonio-pierce-leading-candidate-raiders-job

Sources: Antonio Pierce leading candidate for Raiders job

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Raiders lost a great offense line coach ( Carmen Bruscillo) to the Giants because coaches have families too.   Antonio Pierce can’t promise him he’s going to get the coaching job.    He had to tell him he has to do what’s best for his family.      I don’t think Pierce will have trouble finding a top offense line coach ,but that’s two years down the drain knowing what that coach  wants, and expects  from his offense line.  

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders would have to get a ridiculous offer for Devante Adams to trade him.   Some team makes that offer , they have to make that trade.   Jet fans wouldn’t be happy what it’s going to take, but their front office is very desperate to try and win it all next year.      If not they are contempt to have number 1 caliber wr.  If Antonio Pierce is named the coach 70 % percent he will with the Raiders.  Harbaugh is named the coach 30% I say he stays a Raider.

Davante Adams is only under contract for 2024.  Unless he agrees to restructure to a level that makes more sense for the Raiders after that, the Raiders needs to decide if they need him this year or are better off with a decent draft pick comp.  The jets should not offer a high draft pick unless DA agreed to restructure.  So basically, DA holds a bunch of cards here and can decide where he wants to play. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have a lot of pieces to make serious run at a championship next season.

Went back to bed and woke up laughing about this. “As soon as we get a head coach, a GM, a QB1, an RB1, possibly replace our WR1, find two corners and a defensive tackle, we are going to make a serious run at a championship next season.”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Went back to bed and woke up laughing about this. “As soon as we get a head coach, a GM, a QB1, an RB1, possibly replace our WR1, find two corners and a defensive tackle, we are going to make a serious run at a championship next season.”

The actual Raiderholic died three years ago (got a little too randy with his Tyrone Wheatley waifu pillow and suffocated). The current Raiderholic account is just a bot that generates content based on his old posts

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders lost a great offense line coach ( Carmen Bruscillo) to the Giants because coaches have families too.   Antonio Pierce can’t promise him he’s going to get the coaching job.    He had to tell him he has to do what’s best for his family.      I don’t think Pierce will have trouble finding a top offense line coach ,but that’s two years down the drain knowing what that coach  wants, and expects  from his offense line.  

To the Giants?  Interesting.  It's amazing how other teams try their best to improve while the Jets stick with what isn't working.

The Raiders looked tough last year, btw.  I think you guys are on the rise.  I think Mayer is going to be very good.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The actual Raiderholic died three years ago (got a little too randy with his Tyrone Wheatley waifu pillow and suffocated). The current Raiderholic account is just a bot that generates content based on his old posts

He as “AI” right in the name we should have known

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Adams was never an option. Evan’s will prob stay in Tampa. They need to do everything in their power to secure Higgins. 

I hope the Raiders keep Devante (not that he's not still good but I don't want the Jets to get swindled in a trade) but my gut feeling is that this is all posturing.  I think Devante ends up a Jet.

4 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Adams was never an option. Evan’s will prob stay in Tampa. They need to do everything in their power to secure Higgins. 

Let’s just say the Raiders will trade D Adams but it’s going to take a ridiculous offer by someone to get him.  Some team not willing to pay their price .   Their price according to Hondo Carpenter sports illustrated Raider beat writer is a first and a defensive starter that they want.     They don’t get that they keep Devante Adams .

The Jets fo office is desperate as their jobs are on the  line.   You going to get 3 starters on the offense line , or get that offense line up to speed in one year.   (Not reasonable).    You add Devante Adams and have Garrett Wilson two guys you can’t double team both.   One that get single coverage gets the football.   It doesn’t matter what offense line holes you have that elite talent going to cover up those shortcomings.    Breece Hall will never see another eight man box .     You sign Raiders former Patriots Fb Jakob Johnson one of the best lead blocking Fb in the game.    Watch the numbers B Hall pulls up next year.   You’re making a hall of famer Qb job much easier.   

15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Let’s just say the Raiders will trade D Adams but it’s going to take a ridiculous offer by someone to get him.  Some team not willing to pay their price .   Their price according to Hondo Carpenter sports illustrated Raider beat writer is a first and a defensive starter that they want.     They don’t get that they keep Devante Adams .

The Jets fo office is desperate as their jobs are on the  line.   You going to get 3 starters on the offense line , or get that offense line up to speed in one year.   (Not reasonable).    You add Devante Adams and have Garrett Wilson two guys you can’t double team both.   One that get single coverage gets the football.   It doesn’t matter what offense line holes you have that elite talent going to cover up those shortcomings.    Breece Hall will never see another eight man box .     You sign Raiders former Patriots Fb Jakob Johnson one of the best lead blocking Fb in the game.    Watch the numbers B Hall pulls up next year.   You’re making a hall of famer Qb job much easier.   

Thanks. I’ll forward this to Joe. 

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s look at Facts .   They can’t go wrong whatever way they go Gm/ Headcoach .  Either C Kelly/ Antonio Pierce or Dobbs/ Harbaugh . Might even be Dobbs / Pierce .  C Kelly will get Gm job this year and the Raiders would get two third round compensation . One this year , one next. 
Rb1 Zamir White proved that he can be Rb 1 .   Josh Jacobs is n’t getting what he thinks - most likely back . Still rb is easy position to address( depth) in the draft . 9 picks. 

Wr Raiders aren’t trading Adams unless blown away .  J Meyers is wr one b , and Tre Tucker is going to be star.   ( speed to burn )   ADAMS,j Meyers, and Tre Tucker is top notch wr Corp.     With M Mayer going to be star you can move Adams if you get something crazy.( Al Davis trick always put his top players up for trade - see what you could get.

Raiders once Antonio Pierce took over their defense was up their with the best .   To take the defense to next level a top Cb ( draft) and Dt ( Fa) would make this unit elite.     Raiders have young Dt they drafted could be answer but dt usually a position takes time.  ( Nesta Jade Silvera- headcase but could be difference maker if he can get his head screw on.   b Young - third round has longer way to go than Silveria . They pick up Big Dt Marquan McCall - pure run  stuffer . ( John Jenkins possible replacement ) 

Cb j Jones was gift from the Patriots . 2 year cb will be starter . Nate Hobbs has nickel position locked up.    J Bennett - in time can be starter opposite Jones.   Still this will be addressed in draft .  Would love to get Bears Cb in Fa ( Jaylon Johnson)    j Johnson / j Jones and N Hobbs would be as good as any trio .  

Qb1- The jury still out on A O’Connell if he can be their long term starter .   Hasn’t shown enough to just give him the job. Have to bring in competition. Without a doubt proven can be the backup".   Raider are drafting a Qb in this draft - M penix should be their at 13 .   He more down the road than starter next year.  They will most likely get veteran Qb.  I wouldn’t mind R Wilson at 1.1 million to be bridge qb till the guy you drafted ready.  ( helps paying that money you are eating on Jimmy G who will be June cut. R Wilson not trying to be D Brees , would be even better different offense system .    Rumor is Raiders might trade for J Fields.( I wouldn’t want that because he’s not beating out A O Connell )   Fields is too inconsistent as a passer . 

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I really hope they just draft a WR  in rd 1. And not shell out 20+ million to one. Rather just spend the money on OL. 

I think they have to either trade down or go OT at #10, depending on who is still on the board.

But I agree that the odds of Davante being worth it are very slim.

Jets would need to win it all to justify the acquisition cost plus salary, because the 2025 version of Davante will surely be washed or severely diminished.

Actually, there is a very reasonable chance 2024 Davante falls off a cliff in terms of explosiveness and productivity.

• Upvote 1