Semi-OT - Buffalo - KC Playoff Game.

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This obsession with Taylor Swift is silly.

I agree. But it isn't my obsession.  It's her target market and the record companies and now the NFL is in on the action.  For those that don't understand the nature of pop/marketed music... Art has nothing to do with it.  It is marketing, branding and the subsequent dollars that are collected.  Taylor Swift is not an artist.  She's a marketing asset.  The NFL knows it.  

• Upvote 1

i want to believe we live in a world where who Travis Kelce is dating doesn't effect the outcome of these games

oh how I want to believe that 

but it's the night game, the finale of divisional weekend

we're talking about millions of views, maybe tens of millions for Swifties

so yeah the NFL will try to grease the tracks for KC. It's predictable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The Swifties jumped in on their first appearance in the NFL and made sure the Chiefs beat the Jets in week 4, ofcourse they're going to jump in and make sure the Chiefs beat the Bills in the playoffs. 

The Swifties have powered the Chiefs to their worst record and playoff seeding in six years!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

The Tom Brady v. Patrick Mahomes Inferiority ComplexTM is so strong amongst pats fans that it automatically makes me root for the Chiefs. Was watching wild card weekend with a bunch of pats fans, and it's amazing how hard they root for everyone playing against the Chiefs, to the point where they were actively rooting for the Bills to win just so the Chiefs would have to play a stronger team the next round. The cherry on top for me is watching these pats* fans bitching and whining about the chiefs getting preferential ref treatment.

So all in all, Go Chiefs! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The Swifties jumped in on their first appearance in the NFL and made sure the Chiefs beat the Jets in week 4, ofcourse they're going to jump in and make sure the Chiefs beat the Bills in the playoffs. 

The Jets/KC game went down before the league saw dollar signs.  Without the rapacious NFL machine to influence things, the Swifties are just a bunch of kids consuming banal pop music with their parents coin. 

It does not profit or penalize me regardless of how much money is spent or made on mass marketed pop music.  It bothers me now that it may very well influence the outcome of a ball game.  

What next ??? Taylor Swift TV spots for Sports Book ???

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

BOOOOO... Go BILLS.  Go ANYBODY that plays the Chiefs.  

I assume you also rooted for the other AFC East rival Dolphins to beat the Chiefs as well then?

I like that we're living in a world of sports now where the most elaborate cheating scheme I have ever heard of that includes teams of referees, an entire organizational bureaucracy, and a pop music star all working together is more feasible than the idea that bored men on the internet turn into literal psychopaths. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

To quote Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight, (I think) "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian." 

The Chiefs a few years ago were a really fun team that everybody liked. Now, people want a different team to do well and have it in their heads that the refs are purposefully making calls to sway their games for them. They're sick of the Chiefs, and so look for every excuse to suggest they shouldn't be there.

The reality is the Chiefs were a good team this season. 2nd in defense and 9th in offense. There were a few bad calls that went their way, and a few bad calls that went against them. Like it or not they deserve to be in the playoffs. Yea, they aren't as fun this season but this irrational hatred of the Chiefs amuses me. I find it hilarious that a lot of us are willing to root for Jets division rivals if only it means the Chiefs lose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Bills stink and josh allen is not dating a pop start thus he gets negative rep points!

From what I know about Josh Allen, he wouldn't waste his time with a dross monger like Swift.  And I would gladly take him over ZW or AR

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

From what I know about Josh Allen, he wouldn't waste his time with a dross monger like Swift.  And I would gladly take him over ZW or AR

Josh Allen IS dating a pop star, guys. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Josh Allen IS dating a pop star, guys. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

HS is on a different planet vs. TS.  HS has acting chops and has done some bona fied artistic work.  TS is a marketing tool that pumps out artistically vapid pop music and acts like a teenager for branding purposes.  Its a bit of an insult to call HS a "pop star"   

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bills stink and josh allen is not dating a pop start thus he gets negative rep points!

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

He's dating Hailee Steinfeld you literally 80 year old weirdos

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like that we're living in a world of sports now where the most elaborate cheating scheme I have ever heard of that includes teams of referees, an entire organizational bureaucracy, and a pop music star all working together is more feasible than the idea that bored men on the internet turn into literal psychopaths. 

Hey buddy, we didn't turn into anything.  We've been psychopaths all along.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Get used to it.  The Jets season is over.  Compelling discourse has to be manufactured until FA starts.  

And I'll tell you something else since you have so much faith in legacy institutions.

Do you know why the Titanic sunk ???

There was a *second iceberg* in the grassy knoll. 

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

HS is on a different planet vs. TS.  HS has acting chops and has done some bona fied artistic work.  TS is a marketing tool that pumps out artistically vapid pop music and acts like a teenager for branding purposes.  Its a bit of an insult to call HS a "pop star"   

Hailee is literally a pop star. She also pumps out artistically vapid pop music and acts like a teenager.

It's like you don't even follow her on Insta.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Hailee is literally a pop star. She also pumps out artistically vapid pop music and acts like a teenager.

It's like you don't even follow her on Insta.

Read her list of acting credits.  It isn't so bad to put out garbage entertainment once in a while so long as you can create quality as well.

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Read her list of acting credits.  It isn't so bad to put out garbage entertainment once in a while so long as you can create quality as well.

I saw the remake of True Grit (the original was much better) and Hawkeye. I heard her performance in Transformers 12 was Oscar worthy though.

By the way, Taylor Swift is in the movie this summer that's most likely to be the largest grossing film of 2024 (Deadpool).

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I saw the remake of True Grit (the original was much better) and Hawkeye. I heard her performance in Transformers 12 was Oscar worthy though.

By the way, Taylor Swift is in the movie this summer that's most likely to be the largest grossing film of 2024 (Deadpool).

Blockbuster movies are usually awful.  Consider the Top Gun sequel and Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Dysentery.  Absolute garbage.   If TS is in a movie it will make money due to her brand and not her acting chops.  Her support people including music producer and especially marketing people are brilliant.  That is why a TS move will profit.   In all fairness, though,  she may have some acting skills too,  Who knows.