Time For A New Zach Wilson Thread. Steve Young Says...

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

All of those teams have backups who are better players.

Who's San Fran's backup? they traded Lance and Darnold is only a 1 year deal. For Minnesota, Dobbs and Cousins are FAs. Denver I think makes sense cause of how bad their cap situation is. I could see rolling the dice on a guy that could boom or bust out and get you a top 5 pick

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Eagles signed Hurts to a huge extension, he isn't going anywhere.

Tua led the league in yards, and completed 69% of his passes.  No one ot getting rid of that for Zach

Who said they were getting rid of them for Zach?

Both teams are not happy with their QB situations.  One has nothing to do with the other.

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Who's San Fran's backup? they traded Lance and Darnold is only a 1 year deal. For Minnesota, Dobbs and Cousins are FAs. Denver I think makes sense cause of how bad their cap situation is. I could see rolling the dice on a guy that could boom or bust out and get you a top 5 pick

Mullins is a RFA I believe. 

12 hours ago, Ulrich said:

How do you know Zach didn’t put in the time in the film room? There were several stories saying he worked too hard - Rodgers while in Green Bay told him to lighten up. 

Most coddled kid is debatable. I don’t call throwing him in to a horrific offensive situation as a raw highly drafted rookie out of BYU coddling exactly. 

“Horrific”.  lol.  Nothing about his offensive situation was “horrific” here.   That was true for Darnold but not Wilson.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Eagles Dolphins and Vikings need QB’s but Wilson isn’t the answer for them either.

Wilson isn’t an “answer” for anyone unless the question is “Who’s a QB4 out there with a $5.5M salary for whom we can send away draft capital?”

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ulrich said:

How do you know Zach didn’t put in the time in the film room? There were several stories saying he worked too hard - Rodgers while in Green Bay told him to lighten up. 

Most coddled kid is debatable. I don’t call throwing him in to a horrific offensive situation as a raw highly drafted rookie out of BYU coddling exactly. 

the antizachers have to have their say.  the thing is people tend to discount the balls that zach threw right into the receivers hands that were dropped.  if just ten more balls were caught, zachs completion percentage goes up by 2.5%.  not a lot but throw in a couple of td passes and his rating also goes up quite a bit.  i remember when rex used to mention sanchez's passer rating during his post game pressers.  unless i am wrong, rex was pretty happy when sanchez was north of 70.  i think he'll be traded to the niners.  i think philly is out regardless of hurts because the fans their would eat him alive.  but really, any established team will be good for him.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

the antizachers have to have their say.  the thing is people tend to discount the balls that zach threw right into the receivers hands that were dropped.  if just ten more balls were caught, zachs completion percentage goes up by 2.5%.  not a lot but throw in a couple of td passes and his rating also goes up quite a bit.  i remember when rex used to mention sanchez's passer rating during his post game pressers.  unless i am wrong, rex was pretty happy when sanchez was north of 70.  i think he'll be traded to the niners.  i think philly is out regardless of hurts because the fans their would eat him alive.  but really, any established team will be good for him.

Saying a bad QB is bad makes one an “anti-zacher” now?  lmao.

Does acknowledging lead paint is bad for you make one an “anti-poisoner”?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Saying a bad QB is bad makes one an “anti-zacher” now?  lmao.

Does acknowledging lead paint is bad for you make one an “anti-poisoner”?

To say he’s bad takes away from the fact that he was qb for five of the jets wins and the jets had come from behind wins in two of them. I think things would’ve turned out a lot better if the oline held up.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

There is an alternate reality in which Zach Wilson is actually good?

I feel so much better now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Zach is baby poo soft and has been awful his entire career. Obviously it would be ideal for him to "rehab" himself with a team with a great offense. I have zero fear he'll ever make it in this league.

Soft - likely. Also a victim of his own upbringing which resulted in him having zero self awareness. Complete miss by the Jets from an evaluation standpoint if it were truly Douglas who made the pick. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Horrific”.  lol.  Nothing about his offensive situation was “horrific” here.   That was true for Darnold but not Wilson.  

This

Give Darnold guys like Garrett, Breece and Conklin and he’d probably be a halfway decent QB, even with a shaky OL.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

To say he’s bad takes away from the fact that he was qb for five of the jets wins and the jets had come from behind wins in two of them. I think things would’ve turned out a lot better if the oline held up.

3 years of watching Zach Wilson play and you still have silly thoughts like these rattling around in your head, huh.

hang in there GIF

On 1/29/2024 at 9:54 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Hunt bros were smart enough to hire Andy Reid 5 seconds after he was canned by Philly, and the rest his history.

And the Hunts were dumb enough to hire all the wrong people for years given their last SB was 1970.  

On 1/31/2024 at 1:19 PM, Biggs said:

The argument that Wilson will be successful with another team:  The Jets

The argument why Zach will suck with aother team:  He was picked by the Jets.

Last stand for Zach Justice Warriors

if Zach goes to team X, he will prove all the haters wrong

• Post of the Week 1

ZW is going to get another legit shot somewhere. Surprising. 

He might sit for a couple of years, but I am surprised he’s going to get another shot in the NFL. 

Don’t know he’ll ever pan out, but he never had a shot with the JETS. What a mess this team is. What’s that quote? You are what your record says you are or something like that. 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:54 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

How long before Woody goes the way of the dodo, or realizes he’s too old and sells?

Seriously, nothing will change until the Woodpecker in charge is gone.

The Hunt bros were smart enough to hire Andy Reid 5 seconds after he was canned by Philly, and the rest his history.

This organization is a mess.