WASHINGTON HIRES QUINN AS HC

I think that Vrable is just chillin' until the Pats can fire Mayo. They miscalculated the situation when they essentially gave him a contract clause stating he would be the next HC of the NEP, not realizing Vrable would leave Tennessee. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I love this hire because of how the 2025 HC class is looking

- Ben Johnson

- Mike Vrabel

- Bill Belichick

- Pete Carroll

- Mike Kafka

Ben Johnson turned down the was and Seattle jobs, wtf would he want to come here to this miss with woody ????

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I love this hire because of how the 2025 HC class is looking

- Ben Johnson

- Mike Vrabel

- Bill Belichick

- Pete Carroll

- Mike Kafka

BB is probably completely unrealistic for us and there's no way we're going with Pete Carroll if we're starting over next year as he's a "win now" HC due to his age.

Ben Johnson and Kafka are unknowns.  Vrabel would be a great candidate imo but he'll likely get much better offers than us.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think that Vrable is just chillin' until the Pats can fire Mayo. They miscalculated the situation when they essentially gave him a contract clause stating he would be the next HC of the NEP, not realizing Vrable would leave Tennessee. 

I don't see the Pats firing Mayo at the end of year 1 though.  Do you think Vrabel is going to wait around for a minimum of 2 years in the hopes that the Pats' job will open up?  

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No Kafka. The Jets are already Kafkaesque enough.

For clarity: “Kafkaesque” is an adjective that describes something that is characteristic or reminiscent of the oppressive or nightmarish qualities of Franz Kafka’s fictional world 1. It is often used to describe situations that are bizarre, illogical, or nightmarishly complex

He'd be absolutely perfect for us then!  Lol

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Johnson apparently wants a ridiculous amount of $$$(12-15m AAV)

Imagine after all we been through and next season he wants jets but woddy don’t want to give up 15 m’s. 

I think I’d probably lose my mind tbh

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly Quinn is a good coach. Need to nail the OC hire, which is true for any defensive guy, but when he had Shanahan he went to the Super Bowl.

That's a major issue because even if that is so, look at what happened when Shanahan left for the Niners. That's the problem with hiring these defensive guys and relying on your OC to coach up that side of the ball, if they do a halfway decent job they're getting poached and you're back at square one.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

BB is probably completely unrealistic for us and there's no way we're going with Pete Carroll if we're starting over next year as he's a "win now" HC due to his age.

Ben Johnson and Kafka are unknowns.  Vrabel would be a great candidate imo but he'll likely get much better offers than us.

As goofy as it sounds, I'm not sure Belichick is unrealistic. He and Rodgers have pretty good respect for one another and we are probably the only team that would allow Bill GM responsibilities.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

As goofy as it sounds, I'm not sure Belichick is unrealistic. He and Rodgers have pretty good respect for one another and we are probably the only team that would allow Bill GM responsibilities.

Honestly, I hope you're right.  I'd still bring BB in if there was a chance to.  

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

BB is all about ego and I'm sure there is a bigger ego booster than winning a championship with the lowly sh*tty Jets to throw it back in the face of Kraft and Brady. This is still very unrealistic from happening of course.

I do think Pete Carroll is sort of the perfect coach if we do well but realize that Saleh isn't getting us over the hump and we still have Rodgers for another year or two. He would be the guy to try and squeeze out a SB with Rodgers still active. Given Carroll's age I don't think he would have many options next year and the Jets roster presumably would be the perfect scenario for him to try and win one more with no 5+ year commitment.