Report: Jets to Reduce Hackett Role

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

1. Jets sell fanbase on yet another season with the sh*tty QB

2. Jets disappoint 

3. Jets assure fanbase that last season was circumstantial and running it all back is the right move because things will be better next time. 

4. Jets scapegoat offensive coordinator right around the Super Bowl give or take a few weeks. 

This train is never late. 

But the price of a round trip ticket always goes up.😎

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

In The Athletic's lengthy piece on the New York Jets, it was reported that the team is looking for a collaborative play-calling process.

Haha!

Hackett, some other coach, and Aaron Rodgers all debating the play call as the clock runs down.  That's the exact kind of Jetsy process we need!

90.jpeg.8b5fa12978dc898c80b9898cb20b8556.jpeg

• Haha 1

1. Jets sell fanbase on yet another season with the sh*tty QB
2. Jets disappoint 
3. Jets assure fanbase that last season was circumstantial and running it all back is the right move because things will be better next time. 
4. Jets scapegoat offensive coordinator right around the Super Bowl give or take a few weeks. 
This train is never late. 
They sold the fan base on a sh*tty QB and that QB is Aaron Rodgers? Yikes.

wow thats really really concerning

In the end, it only adds credibility to the concept that AR8 was the worst move the jets have ever made in jet history. I mean this guy has to BALL OUT next year AND the year after to justify this circu. and we NEVER had a circus quite like this

31 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

wow thats really really concerning

In the end, it only adds credibility to the concept that AR8 was the worst move the jets have ever made in jet history. I mean this guy has to BALL OUT next year AND the year after to justify this circu. and we NEVER had a circus quite like this

The concept of AR8 seems great, and everyone talks about how good a teammate he his. 

But he does not need to be picking fights with Dianna Rossini.  He does not need to be picking fights with Jimmy Kimmel.  He does not need to be bringing in all of his washed up friends.  He needed to warn the team that Hackett only worked as OC when AR8 was at QB.  He probably meddled with ZW.

It’s one more year of him.   Then the Jets do a wipe out and rebuild.  I would not be surprised to see a Commanders like move.  Find a real GM and temporary coach.   Build up the roster from scratch.

I would be very surprised to see AR8 in 2025. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Nathaniel Hackett was already working part time. Not sure how this changes anything.

Will be interesting if this a co- or asst-offensive coordinator, or just what lots of other teams have already: adding a separate, specialized running or passing game coordinator?

The caveat/difference - if the latter is what they're doing - is that separate running + passing coordinators usually happens under a former OC HC who's the de facto OC himself (e.g. San Fran, Miami). That wouldn't likely work here with two specialized coordinators lobbying Saleh what should be called next on every play.

So... I don't know what they're doing here, lol.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Will be interesting if this a co- or asst-offensive coordinator, or just what lots of other teams have already: adding a separate, specialized running or passing game coordinator?

The caveat/difference - if the latter is what they're doing - is that separate running + passing coordinators usually happens under a former OC HC who's the de facto OC himself (e.g. San Fran, Miami). That wouldn't likely work here with two specialized coordinators lobbying Saleh what should be called next on every play.

So... I don't know what they're doing here, lol.

If you don’t have a clue what they’re doing, I’m 100% sure none of the idiots in Florham Park due either.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The start of the offseason has been:

-Saleh is pathetic

-The Jets are admitting their OC stinks

-We desperately need to upgrade the OL and WRs

But it was all ZW's fault!!!

Only the Jets could add a HOF QB that has a SB ring and get more dysfunctional. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, varjet said:

The concept of AR8 seems great, and everyone talks about how good a teammate he his. 

But he does not need to be picking fights with Dianna Rossini.  He does not need to be picking fights with Jimmy Kimmel.  He does not need to be bringing in all of his washed up friends.  He needed to warn the team that Hackett only worked as OC when AR8 was at QB.  He probably meddled with ZW.

It’s one more year of him.   Then the Jets do a wipe out and rebuild.  I would not be surprised to see a Commanders like move.  Find a real GM and temporary coach.   Build up the roster from scratch.

I would be very surprised to see AR8 in 2025. 

Rodgers needs to clean up in that regard for sure. The stuff is funny and entertaining on McAfee but it is a distraction. A huge distraction.

• Upvote 2

On 2/1/2024 at 6:38 PM, 32EBoozer said:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/02/01/ny-jets-reduce-hackett-role/

In The Athletic's lengthy piece on the New York Jets, it was reported that the team is looking for a collaborative play-calling process.

It is stated in the article that “(Nathaniel) Hackett will return as the offensive coordinator in 2024, though team and league sources say (Robert) Saleh has explored adding to the offensive staff and creating a more collaborative play-calling process that would reduce Hackett’s role, a clear indication the team has lost confidence in his ability to run the offense on his own. (Aaron) Rodgers has been involved in those discussions.”

This would be yet another development in what has turned into an eventful start to the offseason for the Jets.

New York has already parted ways with its former running backs coach, Taylor Embree, and hired a new one, Tony Dews. It also hired Shawn Jefferson as its new wide receivers coach, while assistant general manager Rex Hogan departed on Wednesday.

Adding another offensive staffer to share play-calling duties is not a bad idea if executed correctly. Hackett showed deficiencies in his creativity and ability to adjust during the 2023 season. By adding another voice to help with play-calling, the Jets could have a better chance of executing a productive offense.

However, this would mean putting confidence in Robert Saleh and his ability to organize his offensive staff. Play-calling was already convoluted last season, with multiple voices having a say in what the offense was running.

Adding another member to the staff would change the hierarchy and rearrange roles.

The Jets have multiple avenues to improve their offense, one of which is adding another coach to their offensive staff. But as with other possibilities, it all comes down to execution, and it is on Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and the Jets to build a staff that can put their offense in the best position to succeed.

Adam Gase?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Hire an experienced, qualified QB coach that has playcalling experience.  Not sure what Calabrese has done to remain as QB coach. 

I think the answer to that is nothing. Not that I think Wilson would have been good anyway, but the Jets didn’t do him any favors by not replacing Knapp with an experienced QB coach. Calabrese should have been an assistant qb coach, not the lead.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think the answer to that is nothing. Not that I think Wilson would have been good anyway, but the Jets didn’t do him any favors by not replacing Knapp with an experienced QB coach. Calabrese should have been an assistant qb coach, not the lead.

Me as an X-Files fan - Imgflip