CJ Mosley decision will be a big sign if the Jets have learned any lessons ...

37 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Did you really have to bring that low-talent tart into this ???

at the time it happened, I was too busy going to White Zombie concerts to notice but I was listening to lithium recently and that entire Jagged Little Pill album holds up - especially acoustic versions. Alanis is actually extremely high talent both vocally and as a songwriter. Maybe I just had to get less angry as person to appreciate it 

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

What lesson is there to learn for having a perennial pro bowl player on the team with a big cap number?   That kind of goes hand in hand for like all of sports. 

Your long-term support of both Jamal Adams and Mosley suggests you still think spending big money at non-premium positions is a good thing to do.

• Upvote 1

I can also see Rodgers making the case to keep him to hold the defense together.

I can also see Douglas looking at a warming chair and wondering whether it makes sense to disrupt the good side of the team by getting rid of Mosley instead of structuring more contracts to make 2026-2028 a big pile of dead cap space. Easy to blame that away on trying to keep Rodgers happy. 

IMO unless Mosley is indispensable and irreplaceable leadership both on and off the field, they either need to try to put his pay in line with his production or see if trade interest is real.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

This is the last year of his deal.   If you can get him to take a pay cut, great.  After that he leaves, theoretically to get a comp pick back. 

His deal has nothing to do with signing any of the upcoming players to extensions.  

What will cause problems is the crap contracts JD gave out, where Mosely, Laken, CJ and others will continue to have cap hits 2 years after their deals are over.  Plus, you know, how they structured Rodgers' deal.

DJ probably leaves after his current deal.  Need to extend JJ, Breece, Wilson, Carter II.  DJ will be 28 (not old I know), but you can't spend that much on 3 corners.  Again, let him leave and, in theory, get a 3rd round comp pick back.

That’s a good point.  If it’s his last season then there are no more cap hits.  If the jets can afford it, it’s not a bad option to take all the hits this year and not add on years by restructuring.  But from what I see, except for Quincy Williams just which lb is even thinking about stepping up?  This is Sherwood s third season and he hasn’t pushed Moseley aside.  Maybe one of the other young guys will challenge him.

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

at the time it happened, I was too busy going to White Zombie concerts to notice but I was listening to lithium recently and that entire Jagged Little Pill album holds up - especially acoustic versions. Alanis is actually extremely high talent both vocally and as a songwriter. Maybe I just had to get less angry as person to appreciate it 

Less angry?  I am exponentially more angry!  What is wrong with you?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

As a starter, Sperm would not agree with even classifying CJ as good to very good.  If I was to bet, Mr. Edwards would cut him outright.

The way Nkjou - the Browns TE- embarrassed him this year, I’d move on faster than a cat chasing its tail 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Mosley gets way too much hate on this site.

With that said, the Jets save $17M in cap space if Mosley is cut after June 1.  If he doesn't restructure, I think he's as good as gone (and potentially replaced by a free agent signing like Queen from Baltimore).

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Victor Green once led the NFL in tackles. The Jets won 1 game that season and gave up the 2nd-most points in the league that season, despite some good defensive personnel around & in front of Green.

Guys like Kwon Alexander come in cheap and make a bunch of tackles, guys like Blake Cashman get picked up for late round picks and make a bunch of tackles.

If Mosley was a big pass rusher or elite cover guy fine but he is neither he makes tackles behind a strong D line   He cant cover anyone and the jets do not blitz.

He is like Jamal, does one thing well and is a liability elsewhere and that skill is very easily replaced.

Just totally wasted big money.    3 weeks after he's gone we would have a new 'leader of the defense'

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

When JD took the job he had to rebuild for multiple years and tear down the roster because of all the bad Mac and Idzik contracts

then he turns around and once it's clear he's underperforming, loads the team up with the worst contracts in the league, really just pissing away cap space at a rate Mac and Idzik never dreamed of 

Alanis Morissette wrote a whole song about this kind of thing

Alanis Morissette 90S GIF 

Alannis is still a bit confused about what "irony" is...

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Alanis is actually extremely high talent both vocally and as a songwriter. Maybe I just had to get less angry as person to appreciate it 

Yeah... That's it...

All I need is some prune juice and psychotherapy.  After that, she'll start sounding just like Paul Rodgers. 

Until then, I want her deported to Canada along with Justin Bieber. 

No offense, intended, man.  If your ear likes it, it is great stuff.  A lot of music that I dig is on some ones sh*t list, I'm sure.

Example.  I will vomit listening to high jazz even thought a lot of it is monumentally technical and I'll be lifted with the most basic of blues if it's done with real soul and feel. 

I like listening to David Gilmour.  I don't like listening to Jeff Beck.

Half the world would agree. The other half would fish-slap me.

But then again... I like the Jets.  And so we are back to psychotherapy. 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah... That's it...

All I need is some prune juice and psychotherapy.  After that, she'll start sounding just like Paul Rodgers. 

Until then, I want her deported to Canada along with Justin Bieber. 

No offense, intended, man.  If your ear likes it, it is great stuff. 

none taken. it's not exactly like I give a sh*t. 

but put it another way if your music can be turned into a profitable broadway show, it has to be on some level well written

like gilbert and sullivan or gershwin  

I'm not exactly a fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (Jersey Boy) But those songs are crafted same with Jagged Little Pill, The Temptations, Billy Joel, Carole King and all the other music hit turned broadway shows  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

but put it another way if your music can be turned into a profitable broadway show, it has to be on some level well written

I'm not exactly a fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (Jersey Boy) But those songs are crafted same with Jagged Little Pill, The Temptations, Billy Joel, Carole King and all the other music hit turned broadway shows  

For sure.  Bob Gaudio could write great hit songs.  Carole King as well.  What would the Monkeys be without her ?

Billy Joel is another one on my sh*t list.  I broke a button on my car radio years ago when one of his songs came on. Couldn't get away from it fast enough.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets being a stupid organization that do things not in the best interest of the team all the time will restructure his contract pushing the liability further down the line rather than replace the easiest thing to replace in football, that being an inside linebacker that makes tackles.

It's in JD and Salesman's best interest to do so.  Is Woody savvy enough to prevent stuff like this from happening?  And isn't it just a bit concerning (as in "major concern") that we need Woody to be more involved in the decision-making of the team (to protect its long-term interests) rather than our top football men?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Broadway is your measuring stick now?  The place that had Elton John turn an opera into a musical Aida and instead of translating Verdi they elected to just repeat Aida, Aida over and over again.  High art indeed.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It'd in JD and Salesman's best interest to do so.  Is Woody savvy enough to prevent stuff like this from happening?  And isn't it just a bit concerning (as in "major concern") that we need Woody to be more involved in the decision-making of the team (to protect its long-term interests) rather than our top football men?

This is why smart owners either extend or fire GMs/HCs in their last year of their contract.  Otherwise they are lame ducks who may not be acting in the best interests of the franchise.  

The bad press does not help either.  

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Broadway is your measuring stick now?  The place that had Elton John turn an opera into a musical Aida and instead of translating Verdi they elected to just repeat Aida, Aida over and over again.  High art indeed.

it's the free market at work 

believe it or not you can't sell tickets at 200 dollars a piece, have people sit down for three hours and watch a pile of sh*t 

that's just an experience for Jets ticket holders. 

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's the free market at work 

believe it or not you can't sell tickets at 200 dollars a piece, have people sit down for three hours and watch a pile of sh*t 

that's just an experience for Jets ticket holders. 

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I don't think Jimmy Fallon charges $200 for his show.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your long-term support of both Jamal Adams and Mosley suggests you still think spending big money at non-premium positions is a good thing to do.

We’ve learned there are a few select ways to win in this league:

1. Hit the QB lottery 

2. Have a roster heavy in underpaid players, not overpaid ones

3. Hit big on premium positions in the draft 

4. Stay healthy overall / have a legitimate contingency plan at QB

5. Have a top flight HC and staff that optimizes their talent and stays ahead of the curve 

Jets consistently fail on #1, #4, #5 and need to shed Mosley, Tomlinson and Uzomah to make a big jump in the right direction on #2.  JFM is on the list too.  

#3 is a mixed bag under JD.  

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don’t think Mosley would be missed much.  The defense is really strong, and it’s not like he’s a superstar on that group anyway.  In terms of leadership, I think the next logical guy to take over would be Quinnen.  I think the defense would be ok without Mosley.