Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
Admittedly, it's probably extremely difficult to work under Woody the buffoon.  I think Saleh (and JD, too, if I'm being honest) are a bit spineless though and care more about saving their jobs than doing the right thing.
Mangini was the last (only?) guy Woody hired who had the balls to stand up to him.  

I can't blame Saleh for acquiescing to playing a busted Zach Wilson. He's a first time head coach and he really didn't have a choice. Whoever forced that sack of sh*t on him needs to be sent packing and if that turns out to Woody then we are truly screwed.

I blame Saleh for his loser mentality.  "Woody, look at how other HCs have done when their QB1 goes down!!!"

This is the same guy who tried to "act tough" by referencing the Navy Seals. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I blame Saleh for his loser mentality.  "Woody, look at how other HCs have done when their QB1 goes down!!!"
No. You blame Saleh for your boy washing out. Don't even try to deny it. I can't wait until you finally realize how bad Wilson is. You will probably disappear from this forum.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jim Harbaugh is 44-19 as an NFL head coach. Went to the playoffs three out of four seasons. Went to the Super Bowl. Saleh is 17-33 as an NFL head coach. Two last place finishes in three seasons.

So he’s resting on his laurels.  Great way to start off 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

But there were winning organizations didn't have their head coach go. So feel free to make the correlation that best fits your narrative.

There is no narrative, just clearly a difference of opinion.  We are a losing organization that makes the same decisions and mistakes and expects the results to be different.  What works for a winning organization and a winning head coach may not be the same formula for the Jets or Saleh or any new coach to show improvement or success.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No. You blame Saleh for your boy washing out. Don't even try to deny it. I can't wait until you finally realize how bad Wilson is. You will probably disappear from this forum.

I've been on this forum for like 10 years.  I'm not going anywhere.  If I'm wrong about ZW then I'll be wrong.  Fwiw, I thought (and still think) that he stunk his 1st 2 years with the Jets.  Only this past year did I see real improvement.  Regardless, I've completely lost patience with Saleh.  Undermining his players (according to the article in The Athletic), pre-snap penalties, non-stop salesmanship, looking for excuses, spilling his guts to Joe Benigno, etc.  I think he's a solid DC who is in over his head as a HC.

I will admit his (and JD's) situations are difficult due to our buffoon owner, plus having to be at the mercy of AR8 (who I like a lot, btw, but he's an awful GM).  But I still think there are signs that show he's not the right guy.  I've been unloading on him recently because I'm very worried we're going to sit through another season of his bad coaching and then we'll miss out on Vrabel next offseason.  As Bitonti points out (I have too, btw), Vrabel might hate the Jets due to BB but Woody can still try to blow him out of the water with an offer. 

• Upvote 3

While McCarthy and Zimmer will not be at the Combine, they will take part in interview sessions with players via computer and tape of the workouts is also available to keep them informed on the draft prospects.

From ESPN. imagine that.  Using technology in 2024

everyone pretending to be fake mad about this, I mean , you aren’t really demonstrating even a rudimentary understanding of how the league works 

get mad !

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Good convo, but two things:

1. It’s absolutely part of his job to deal with the mongrels and address the public perception of the team. A large part of the reason he was hired was because he was this high-energy, fist-pumping, charismatic figure in San Francisco that was going to be the marketable forward face of a moribund post-Gase, post-Bowles rebuild. His personality and aesthetic is an asset that he should appeal to. The Jets vibes are catastrophic right now, and I’m surprised Woody isn’t pushing him out in front of the cameras more.

2. The difference with guys like Macdonald, McVay, etc is that none of those guys are as close to losing their jobs the way Saleh is. I get that he has to win to keep the job in any case, but he also has to lead from the front. I get that grabbing a podium at the Combine isn’t going to be the determining factor in the W/L this fall, but nothing he accomplishes in his office next week will either. 

You are clueless. Daboll isn’t there. As Saleh mentioned there is a double standard in this town. 

Saleh said coaches just go there to get drunk and fraternize.

again you are embarrassing yourself with these comments. 

I've been on this forum for like 10 years.  I'm not going anywhere.  If I'm wrong about ZW then I'll be wrong.  Fwiw, I thought (and still think) that he stunk his 1st 2 years with the Jets.  Only this past year did I see real improvement.  Regardless, I've completely lost patience with Saleh.  Undermining his players (according to the article in The Athletic), pre-snap penalties, non-stop salesmanship, looking for excuses, spilling his guts to Joe Benigno, etc.  I think he's a solid DC who is in over his head as a HC.
I will admit his (and JD's) situations are difficult due to our buffoon owner, plus having to be at the mercy of AR8 (who I like a lot, btw, but he's an awful GM).  But I still think there are signs that show he's not the right guy.  I've been unloading on him recently because I'm very worried we're going to sit through another season of his bad coaching and then we'll miss out on Vrabel next offseason.  As Bitonti points out (I have too, btw), Vrabel might hate the Jets due to BB but Woody can still try to blow him out of the water with an offer. 

May be wrong? You've said enough!

Leave it to the Jets to "blow a guy over" that was passed over by 6 other teams. That definitely fits their mold.

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

May be wrong? You've said enough!

Leave it to the Jets to "blow a guy over" that was passed over by 6 other teams. That definitely fits their mold.

It's funny because I absolutely loved Urban Meyer and argued that we should do whatever it took to get him to come here.  I couldn't have been more wrong about that one!  But Vrabel has experience and has done a very good job, imo. 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You are just clueless and no nothing about Robert Saleh. He’s a good coach that is being attacked by the Giants ball washing NY media. 

Don’t trust me? Ask Aaron Rodgers who knows more football than you have forgotten. 

Keep in mind that these men Hackett, Carter, Downing, Saleh. Men we love to hate have reached The pinnacle of their profession. They are brilliant at what they do and compensated in the 99.9 percentile. I would give my left nut if my child was as successful as any of these men. 

• Haha 2

You are just clueless and no nothing about Robert Saleh. He’s a good coach that is being attacked by the Giants ball washing NY media. 

Don’t trust me? Ask Aaron Rodgers who knows more football than you have forgotten. 

Keep in mind that these men Hackett, Carter, Downing, Saleh. Men we love to hate have reached The pinnacle of their profession. They are brilliant at what they do and compensated in the 99.9 percentile. I would give my left nut if my child was as successful as any of these men. 

Goldmember fan huh ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's funny because I absolutely loved Urban Meyer and argued that we should do whatever it took to get him to come here.  I couldn't have been more wrong about that one!  But Vrabel has experience and has done a very good job, imo. 
Missing on Vrabel to keep Saleh around .. cringe.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

I'm starting to enjoy your trolling.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Every year I get told that the combine doesn’t matter one iota by the same people now telling me that Robert Saleh skipping the combine means that the 2024 for season is done for.

This Venn diagram is two separate, non-overlapping circles

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:27 AM, Jack Straw said:

There's a salary cap floor in the NFL requiring NFL teams to spend at least 89% of the cap over a four-year period -- so who cares that he spends $200M on salaries? Like all owners, he is forced to go to the market to hit the requirements of the CBA.

It also doesn't really matter what the underlying reason is for hiring assistant coaches as Head Coaches. Whether Woody would be willing to open his checkbook for a Harbaugh is irrelevant, as no coach with an ounce of self-respect or other options would ever choose to come to this organization. 

Woody is "strategically" cheap. The nice facility was a one-time cost of $75M that can amortized over its lifetime. It's 16 years old and will be around for another 20 years, at least. That's ~$2.5M a year for the facility...not exactly bank breaking for a team that's worth $6 billion and generating $500M+ in revenue every year.

Poor us, the old no HC would ever work here line again.  Like when people said that about McCarthy who was going to sit out then claimed he would only sign with the Jets.

And who cares how the $75 mil is amortized, it’s an expense few teams take on.  It’s an added expense a cheap owner doesn’t take on.  See the Bengals

You’ve spun from he’s cheap to making excuses for his spending. You’re complaining he’s only costing him $2.5M  for the facility, skipped the almost B on ML etc and then throw in he won’t spend $2 or so M on a vet HC.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Poor us, the old no HC would ever work here line again.  Like when people said that about McCarthy who was going to sit out then claimed he would only sign with the Jets.

And who cares how the $75 mil is amortized, it’s an expense few teams take on.  It’s an added expense a cheap owner doesn’t take on.  See the Bengals

You’ve spun from he’s cheap to making excuses for his spending. You’re complaining he’s only costing him $2.5M  for the facility, skipped the almost B on ML etc and then throw in he won’t spend $2 or so M on a vet HC.  

"It's an expense few teams take on" is a statement that is provably false. Now for some facts on training facility costs by team:

- The LA Chargers spent $270M.

- The Cowboys spent $260M

- The Dolphins spent $135M.

- The Broncos spent $175M.

- The Jaguars spent $125M.

- The Eagles spent $112M.

- The Falcons spent 109M.

At this point, I'm bored with finding teams that have outspent the Jets on training facility costs. That's not the crux of my argument. For an owner as rich as Woody, in a market as big as NY, he is cheap. It's all relative. He doesn't pay head coaches and spends enough that people like you are willing to defend him.

And wonderful, Mike McCarthy (who nobody wanted), was interested in the Jets. As I said, no head coaches with other options have any interest in the Jets. There's a reason why Woody constantly fills the head coach position with assistant coaches and the Adam Gase's of the world.

• Upvote 4

"It's an expense few teams take on" is a statement that is provably false. Now for some facts on training facility costs by team:

At this point, I'm bored with finding teams that have outspent the Jets on training facility costs. That's not the crux of my argument. For an owner as rich as Woody, in a market as big as NY, he is cheap. It's all relative. He doesn't pay head coaches and spends enough that people like you are willing to defend him.
And wonderful, Mike McCarthy (who nobody wanted), was interested in the Jets. As I said, no head coaches with other options have any interest in the Jets. There's a reason why Woody constantly fills the head coach position with assistant coaches and the Adam Gase's of the world.

phew

On 2/23/2024 at 3:13 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

you have been on this forum for 10 years? and probably been a Jet fan for at least the 20 plus years Woody has owned the team. then you know he has never got a HC with any experience especially someone who will cost him the money Vrabel will cost him. so dont worry about missing out on Vrabel because he wont even be a consideration.

but Vrabel isnt any good. the guy is 54-45 and lost more games than Saleh did the last 2 years. and he had Tannehill who even on his downside was better than any QB we had the last 2 years. Derrick Henry running for 1500 yds and Hopkins. 

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Look at the timeline. McCarthy used the jets to leverage the cowboys. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Look at the timeline. McCarthy used the jets to leverage the cowboys. 

McCarthy sat out a year before getting the Cowboys job. McCarthy got cut off because Maccagnan used Manish to slime him in the press because McCarthy wanted $8mil per and some roster control. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McCarthy sat out a year before getting the Cowboys job. McCarthy got cut off because Maccagnan used Manish to slime him in the press because McCarthy wanted $8mil per and some roster control. 

No look at the actual dates of the interviews and offers 

35 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He sat out a year and didn’t go to the Cowboys until a year later… So, no, he didn’t.

Holy crap you’re right.  Don’t get old fellas memory is the first thing to go lol 

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I operate under the assumption that everything matters until the team starts winning. The Jets appear to have the opposite philosophy.

Woody is a believer in the old Steinbrenner maxim that” no publicity is bad publicity.” He probably feels that last year was a raging success because from the time the AR trade went down until literally the Super Bowl, the Jets were back page must read. Unfortunately for us, being a good, well run, winning organization is at the bottom of the list as far as what is important to make the Jets relevant in Woody’s world. As long as he is our owner, we should all just save our breath and focus on literally anything else.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:21 PM, MostlyHarmless said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9nte2gtua2oemxuepwf23