Jeff Ulbrich

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

What incentive would the Jets have to let Ulbrich out of his contract?

Now, if SF wants to throw some draft picks our way . . . 

Since I'm expecting a complete overhaul after next season anyway, trade Ulbrich now and get a draft pick while we still can.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

He's under contract, so can't leave for a lateral move without the Jets' permission.

Why would the Jets grant that? He's just been scouting guys for us at the Senior Bowl, FFS.

Have you been watching Saleh? He'll probably make him a packed lunch, bend over and then drive him to the airport if he wanted to leave.

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I guess, but defense was pretty good considering they spent a ton of time on the field. But yeah, they all suck. I'm ok with that. 

Thr run defense was actually pretty not good. And I'm really not a fan at all of the scheme. I think if you gave Rex this group that he'd have this as the top defense in the league. They underachieve with Ulrich in charge. That's my opinion anyway

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

Thr run defense was actually pretty not good. And I'm really not a fan at all of the scheme. I think if you gave Rex this group that he'd have this as the top defense in the league. They underachieve with Ulrich in charge. That's my opinion anyway

Run defense got worse when the big dude in the middle went down and of course when you are basically out of it by thanksgiving I think effort wanes. It's possible and yes, not sure how good they would be but love to see Rex play with these pieces. 100%

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

A lot of SF fans are talking about Ulbrich being the DC there in the comments, its the first time im seeing this, don't know if it was already discussed here but is interesting to see if another member of Saleh CS is gone, would SF give a pick for him?

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

What incentive would the Jets have to let Ulbrich out of his contract?

Now, if SF wants to throw some draft picks our way . . . 

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

He's under contract, so can't leave for a lateral move without the Jets' permission.

Why would the Jets grant that? He's just been scouting guys for us at the Senior Bowl, FFS.

If he left on a lateral move, they would upgrade his title.  Defensive Coordinator/ Assistant Head Coach is no longer lateral.

I believe.

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

A lot of SF fans are talking about Ulbrich being the DC there in the comments, its the first time im seeing this, don't know if it was already discussed here but is interesting to see if another member of Saleh CS is gone, would SF give a pick for him?

Maybe we can give them Saleh.....as a DC Saleh is pretty good, as a HC, he is as clueless as as clueless can get. But this wont happen, the Jets will probably have to give up a 3rd rounder to dump Saleh in another team's coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Maybe we can give them Saleh.....as a DC Saleh is pretty good, as a HC, he is as clueless as as clueless can get. But this wont happen, the Jets will probably have to give up a 3rd rounder to dump Saleh in another team's coaching staff. 

In the event this were to happen (presumably unlikely) I actually think it would be a good thing. Saleh would have to call the defense most likely. No more delegating responsibilities and popping into meetings. 

This has all the makings of a(nother) epically disastrous season.

Assistant coaches are jumping ship as if 1JD were literally an inferno.

In an "all in" year, we are supposed to believe this team can win it all when there's no buy-in even from the freaking DC, who has most likely putting feelers out since the Senior Bowl angling for his next gig when the R.M.S. NYJ / Titanic inevitably hits the  proverbial iceberg also known as the Jets regular season.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This has all the makings of a(nother) epically disastrous season.

Assistant coaches are jumping ship as if 1JD were literally an inferno.

In an "all in" year, we are supposed to believe this team can win it all when there's no buy-in even from the freaking DC, who has most likely putting feelers out since the Senior Bowl angling for his next gig when the R.M.S. NYJ / Titanic inevitably hits the  proverbial iceberg also known as the Jets regular season.

I love the idea that it's an "all in" year but you know Saleh just can't wait to hit the golf course.