*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dianna Russini @DMRussini
The Panthers and the Giants have been discussing a trade for Brian Burns for a while, per sources. I'm told at this point, it's not complete but there is hope they can get there. We'll see if it can be finalized.

Panthers turned down what, two one’s and a two from the Rams a couple years ago?

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets were 4-3 at the deadline.....What was being offered - what round?

Montez Sweat got a 2nd rounder

Chase Young got a 2nd and a 5th rounder

His value would have been in that ball park.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Good for Frankie

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate
The #Commanders are signing former #Panthers LB Frankie Luvu to a 3-year contract worth a maximum of $36M, per @AdamSchefter  Carolina wanted him back, but couldn't close the gap.

Luvu and Cashman, jet throw aways being good and getting paid.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets were 4-3 at the deadline.....What was being offered - what round?

I guess we will never know.   

I guess you are correct that a 4-3 can’t be trading away its best assets, even if we all knew that the season would collapse.  

At this point the Jets are getting a bottom of the 3rd round comp pick for Huff unless they sign too many players.  

Just now, varjet said:

I guess you are correct that a 4-3 can’t be trading away its best assets, even if we all knew that the season would collapse.  

At this point the Jets are getting a bottom of the 3rd round comp pick for Huff unless they sign too many players.  

If even....let's see how much we spend this offseason. There may be no comp pick at all.

18 minutes ago, jamesr said:

A guy like Minshew was always going to go to a place where he had a legit shot to start. That's not here.

No idea who we'll end up with. I'd rather have Siemian than Zach. Although you could put any name in there to be honest.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The only place Siemian gets to start is in the PAFL Planet of The Apes football league. 

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

4th per Nick Korte @nickkorte

At just over $17M APY, that's good for a 4th round 2025 compensatory pick on the board to the Jets for Bryce Huff going to Philly.

Just now, PS17 said:

Have we signed the double leg amputee Bakhtiari yet? 

Kurt Benkert @KurtBenkert
Update: David Bakhtiari has received good news about the status of his knee following his most recent surgery to repair a lingering issue from the original procedure, per source

David Bakhtiari rumored to be a target for the #Jets, per source

Just now, C Mart said:

Update: David Bakhtiari has received good news about the status of his knee following his most recent surgery to repair a lingering issue from the original procedure, per source

Wow things are looking up 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

The good news is that AAron is bringing him in

This guy seems up on Compensatory picks

Nick Korte @nickkorte
It took a little while, but as expected the Ravens, as usual, are on the compensatory picks board.

It's a 6th rounder for Geno Stone crossing over division rivalries to Cincinnati.

That's another 2025 compensatory pick on the board to the Ravens, a 6th rounder for Devin Duvernay going to Jacksonville.

$13M APY for Gabe Davis leaving for Jacksonville means that the Bills get on the 2025 compensatory pick board with a 4th rounder.

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every signing today is bad and regrettable. Kinda glad Douglas hasn’t taken the bait on any of them

That is like giving ugly people credit for not cheating on their spouse 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not if you designate him a post-6/1 cut. They can do that with him and get the cap relief today.

The fear/concern is they're not going to address his contract at all, except possibly to extend the nightmare even further by giving him 2-3 more contract years (not just void years).

Except for that time he went on IR and missed most the season the only time the Jets made him an every-down starter.

image.png

You don't get the cap relief from a June 1st cut til,  wait for it,  June 1st. But the player is free to sign somewhere wise immediately. So it makes zero sense to cut him.