*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I see you got some sources, my dude. 

Any insight into what they're thinking @ tackle? I'm happy with Jackson or any plus-run-blocking IOL for that matter, but I'm most concerned with tackle.

We were in on Jackson… IOL was supposed to be a big investment, but hasn’t gone that way. Pivoting to tackle would only makes sense imo

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I hope the draft is more exciting than this.  If i can’t celebrate blowing big money in FA the offseason can’t be won.

Offseason was won when we got those 5th and 6th round comp picks.

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s amazing how you guys forget to add in the part about the draft being a crapshoot and it’s a 50/50 chance the dude will blow

We shouldn’t be relying on rookies in a all in year with a 40 year old QB on one leg but here we are fans begging for it

🤦‍♂️

What does that have to do with anything I just said?

Regardless of who we are or aren't relying on - the idea that either 1) An additional QB is taken ahead of us so we have more non QBs to choose from or 2) our pick having more inherent value by being right before a QB needy team is still good for us? I'd rather have a 50/50 choice on more players or a 50/50 choice with more draft picks. Nothing I said was about relying on the jets draft pick for immediate production this season....

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

BREAKING NEWS: Reports coming out of Florham Park that the Jets may have never adjusted their clocks for daylight savings time.

wow. Wild if true.

😜

I have decided to believe this report. It's the only thing that makes sense. 😆 

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Our best passrusher who plays 35% of the snaps and prior to last year, had never had more than 5 sacks in a season.

Huff is a situational passrusher who can’t hold up against the run.

He’s basically Yannick Ngakoue, and that dude has bounced around from team to team.

I would’ve liked to keep him, but not at nearly $20 million a year while severely handicapping our ability to fix the OL and add another receiver.

I'd take Danielle Hunter at $17 million per.  Wonder how much more he will get.

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

You don't save it till June 1st, literally the worst option if your trying to get cap relief to bring in FA's

Not if you designate him a post-6/1 cut. They can do that with him and get the cap relief today.

The fear/concern is they're not going to address his contract at all, except possibly to extend the nightmare even further by giving him 2-3 more contract years (not just void years).

48 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Huff is in his prime at age 25 and just notched double-digit sacks despite the Jets never playing with a lead (ZW, Timmy Boyle, etc.)

Something Carl Lawson has never done.

Huff has never been injured either.  He plays every game.

Except for that time he went on IR and missed most the season the only time the Jets made him an every-down starter.

image.png

• Haha 1