Cousins to Atlanta

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39708564/qb-kirk-cousins-leaving-vikings-4-year-deal-falcons

The Atlanta Falcons have finally solved their franchise quarterback issues.

The club agreed to terms on a four-year deal with former Minnesota Vikings free-agent quarterback Kirk Cousins on Monday according to his agent, Mike McCartney. Financial terms of the deal were not immediately announced.

• Thumb Down 4

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

4 years - $180M. Good job by the Falcons when you factor in not having to surrender 2nd rounders like the Jets. 

Kyle Pitts and Drake London are definitely rubbing their hands like the Grinch.  

Yeah, but Cousins sucks ass.

The dude is good at one thing - getting paid.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

4 years - $180M. Good job by the Falcons when you factor in not having to surrender 2nd rounders like the Jets. 

Kyle Pitts and Drake London are definitely rubbing their hands like the Grinch.  

Wait till they move up and grab a MHJ or Nabers.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah, but Cousins sucks.

Yes plus he's a POS. I remembered how he and his wife made a video when they were F'ing over the Jets before he went to Minny as a FA. Hope he rots. 

• Haha 1

So what does Cousins to Atlanta do to our pick in the draft. Altanta was one of those teams looking for a QB either through FA, trade or draft.  They more than likely go WR with Nabers or Odunze.  Tackle not in play for them. But now Vikings will probaly trade up somewhere in top 10 that could affect the top 10 players taken. So if NE trades back or passes over Daniels, I could see Vikes tradeing up somewhere in top 10.   Ive done several mock drafts and ALL have NE passing (excuse the pun) on taking a QB at 3.  Of course the top 3 are Caleb, Naye and Daniels.  I just dont see how NE can pass on Maye or Daniels.  They just cut ties with Mac the Wack and their backup aint a starter either.  They could trade back and take McCarthy or Nix lor Penix later on.  If Vikes trade with Giants/Atl/Titans/Chargers that increases our chances of getting Alt. Trading with NE would cost the Vikes a fortune. This signing definately changes the landscape of the draft.      

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh yeah? That's what they said about Philip Rivers, smart guy!

Yeah I know, but Rivers is 5-7 in the playoffs and Cousins is like 1-4. I have no other reason except I feel like I know it! Gut call I guess?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

So what does Cousins to Atlanta do to our pick in the draft. Altanta was one of those teams looking for a QB either through FA, trade or draft.  They more than likely go WR with Nabers or Odunze.  Tackle not in play for them. But now Vikings will probaly trade up somewhere in top 10 that could affect the top 10 players taken. So if NE trades back or passes over Daniels, I could see Vikes tradeing up somewhere in top 10.   Ive done several mock drafts and ALL have NE passing (excuse the pun) on taking a QB at 3.  Of course the top 3 are Caleb, Naye and Daniels.  I just dont see how NE can pass on Maye or Daniels.  They just cut ties with Mac the Wack and their backup aint a starter either.  They could trade back and take McCarthy or Nix lor Penix later on.  If Vikes trade with Giants/Atl/Titans/Chargers that increases our chances of getting Alt. Trading with NE would cost the Vikes a fortune. This signing definately changes the landscape of the draft.      

This is true, but there will be a whole bunch of chairs pulled out before the music stops.  A bunch of signings are going to change the landscape of the draft.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

no matter the stat, cousins is in the top 10 - so I guess your wrong and misguided by hatred

With the 100 million guaranteed dollars in his new deal, Kirk Cousins has now made more than 331 million dollars in his career.

For what? For folding like a cheap suit in every prime time and post season game he has ever played in.

Don't confuse a guy who puts up good fantasy numbers with good quarterback play.

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Hurts

Jackson

Stroud

Lawrence

Herbert 

Tagovailoa

Prescott

Goff

Purdy

Rodgers

Kirk Cousins is at best the 14th best QB in the league. 

At this point, I would take both Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield ahead of him as well.

He is mediocre and will be playing for the league's most mediocre franchise.

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is true, but there will be a whole bunch of chairs pulled out before the music stops.  A bunch of signings are going to change the landscape of the draft.

Yep and this is a significant one.  But any chance of getting Alt is a pipe dream.

1 Chi Caleb - Its already been transcibed.  This is set instone. Fields is a goner.  

2 Wash Daniels - Bigger upside than Maye  Set in stone. 

3 NE Maye - Perfect fot for NE and they're DESPERATE for a QB. They just dumped MAc Jones.  No way they trade back and give up a chance to draft Daniels or Maye. Set in stone.

4 Ari Marvin  Best WR since Calvin Johnson  - Murray is there for awhile and Marvin is ELECTRIC.  Set in stone.

5 Chargers First draft pick in round 1 that will shake things up. Bowers, Nabers or Odunze. I could see them taking Alt but Harbaugh likes weapons and he can get a blue WR or blue chip TE for Herbert.  Too good to pass that up. 

6 Giants - QB's GONE. They could go Nabers/Odunze , Alt or trade back.  But if all 3 top QB's are gone, no one is trading up to 6.  So lets say Giants take either Nabers/Odunze. 

7 Titans at will take Alt. Ughhh

8 Falcons will take either Nabers or Odunze if either are there.   

9 Bears take edge Turner or trade - they like making trades and someone could swoop in and take Fuaga or Fashanu right out under our feet. 

10 Jets - Left with Fashanu or Fuaga or Latham. Dont think JD has any other choice, in his mind, than to take either of therse guys, Trading back could backfire but there are a lot of very good options in round 1 for a tackle: Mims, Guyton, Latham Ughhh. I dont think JD messes with this and takes Fuaga or Fashanu

26 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

With the 100 million guaranteed dollars in his new deal, Kirk Cousins has now made more than 331 million dollars in his career.

For what? For folding like a cheap suit in every prime time and post season game he has ever played in.

Don't confuse a guy who puts up good fantasy numbers with good quarterback play.

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Hurts

Jackson

Stroud

Lawrence

Herbert 

Tagovailoa

Prescott

Goff

Purdy

Rodgers

Kirk Cousins is at best the 14th best QB in the league. 

At this point, I would take both Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield ahead of him as well.

He is mediocre and will be playing for the league's most mediocre franchise.

This is ridiculous.  Geno and Baker Mayfield?  You are complaining about Cousins lack of big play wins, but are going to tout Jackson, Herbert, Lawrence, Stroud, Hurts and Tagovailoa?  

2 hours ago, TheAustrian said:

thats not true - i upvote a lot
ask JetsFan80
:-(

This fight is brought to you by Corona, la cerveza mas fina.

Tail of the Tape using non ambiguous reactions given.

In this corner we have Jet Nation HoF Slat:

Positive: 9,034

Negative: 857

Total: 9,891

Negative Rep %: 8.66%

And for the challenger, we have TheAustrian:

Positive: 7,771

Negative: 1,072

Total: 8,843

Negative Rep %: 12.12%

And the Winner by Unanimous decision, we have, and still a Jet Nation HoF, Slat.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Cousins is the poster child for stats over success

He’s never won a thing, never had any modicum of playoff success, but still breaks the bank at every turn 

He spent six years in dysfunctional D.C., the only team in the NFL worse-run than the Jets.

And spent six years in Minn. on a team that generally failed to play Defense for most of that time (29th, 24th, 28th in 2020-2022).

Cousins does what a QB should do, produce passing yardage and scores.  In that regard he's unquestionably a top 10 NFL QB.

What Cousins doesn't do is rise up to the occasion, to make the team and his own play rise up a notch or two when big things are on the line.

He blows it in prime time games, and he doesn't elevate his game in the postseason or with postseason on the line, generally.

I'd still take him 1,000 times over the Zach, Geno, Darnold, Sanchez types we've had, for much the same reason I supposed Fitzpatrick in 2015:  producing passing generally means winning seasons and chances at the postseason, as opposed to our guys near-constant dead-last passing production the past decade+.

With that said, if I had one game that we must 100% absolutely win with everything on the line, Cousins might be one of the last guys I'd want.

• Upvote 1