Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

20 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why would anyone but Saleh and Woody know what it's about? It was between them. You want the source to go up to them with a mic and ask what it was about after? 

If it was animated and caused people to feeling awkward they wouldn’t have to go up to them with a mic.  
Also someone from the beat would have been aware and commented.  

6 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I would think that these types of disagreements between ownership and staff happen more often than people realize, but ideally they could hash things out behind closed doors.  Pretty embarrassing to do it at a venue where other teams/owners are present.

But this is the Jets and here we are.  Two lame ducks at GM and HC going into a do or die season.

They had this argument in front of so many people that no one could tell you what it was about 😅

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

I'm wondering if Saleh is actually trying to get himself fired, so he can enjoy collecting his HC's salary while golfing this year, then re-enter coaching next year as a DC for a good NFL team or as the HC of a mid-tier college team.

His recent actions are....odd. Disappearing from public view for months, talking about his golfing habit, giving off the impression he would rather be just about anywhere else - this could be a guy trying to force his employer's hand into paying him off to leave.

To me the most eyebrow raising moment was when he said "when the team loses, we're al losers. I suck, Joe Douglas sucks..." I get the context but it not only was too much it was at the owner's meeting....not post-game after an emotional loss where the reporters are blaming him for not going for it on 4th down.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness- do the Jets pay you? I don’t expect you to answer but I really have no other conclusion at this point.

Pay me to point out lots of injured players have sat in the team box?  Not just in football.

Do you ever post facts.  

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do we know what Saleh’s contract status is? Is he a lame duck or did he get one of those bad-franchise-tax five year jobs? 

When he was hired, it was reported that he signed a 5-year contract.  He's 3 seasons in, so should be under contract for the 2024 and 2025 seasons.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do we know what Saleh’s contract status is? Is he a lame duck or did he get one of those bad-franchise-tax five year jobs? 

www.google.com, don’t be lazy.

But I’ll facilitate the laziness, it’s the latter.

Douglas is effectively a lame duck though.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The beat is asleep and looking to book their vacations at this point of the off season.

Connor Hughes was very disturbed at having to be awake at 7:45am

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pay me to point out lots of injured players have sat in the team box?  Not just in football.

Do you ever post facts.  

Where was Zach the last month of the season? Utah? 

11 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

To me the most eyebrow raising moment was when he said "when the team loses, we're al losers. I suck, Joe Douglas sucks..." I get the context but it not only was too much it was at the owner's meeting....not post-game after an emotional loss where the reporters are blaming him for not going for it on 4th down.

Sensing saleh is tired of taking the blame for everything.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Just a friendly reminder that the last time baseless rumors got peddled regarding internal “dysfunction” based on sources, this was the end result for those who get their information from the voices inside their heads:

IMG_6540.thumb.jpeg.73b82911f387f0807eb4021e71ecd6b1.jpeg

Saleh can go and we can promote Ulbrich for all I care but If a head coach, in a “must-win” season, got into a heated and awkward fight with the owner of the team he coaches for at a private/NFL organized party, do you all seriously believe for one second that NFL reporters would just let Colleen Wolf of all people get that exclusive scoop to peddle on her podcast?

Hughes was on line at Harry Potter while this happened so yes

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Rich people doing other rich people favors is a conspiracy. Oook

"A favor", lol, right.  :roll:

Can't wait to hear your (conspiracy) theories on the Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, I'm sure they'll be equally riveting.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hughes was on line at Harry Potter while this happened so yes

You being the one person who takes this story seriously is the least shocking thing in this thread.

What’s more likely?

a.) Adam Schefter, Rapp, Garafolo, etc. all said “f*ck it, let’s throw Colleen a big bone.”

b.) this never happened.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where was Zach the last month of the season? Utah? 

Zach’s here most of the time.  I know for a fact and the only one who talks about UT is you.  And you have no idea what you’re talking about.  

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can't wait to hear your (conspiracy) theories on the Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, I'm sure they'll be equally riveting.

Oh shut the **** up. The brain store is open, go get a new one .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

• Upvote 2