Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I know this is Rodgers thing to go rogue in the offseason, but with the reports the Jets were going to lay low in Fa, then the RFK thing bubbles, and then the Jets suddenly go all in. I dunno. I’d like to hear from Rodgers himself that he’s excited to get back to the field.

I'll let him know.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Absolutely nothing other than she said they were in an animated conversation.  That she didn’t witness but wasn’t an argument.  Which she stressed.  And said who knows  

Haha sounds about right. Appreciate the clarification

Also - nice profile pic. Took me a few minutes to remember it's ELP and not Voivod. This will make for good listening on the drive home 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sure thing. I can tell you the following:

The last time someone came to the defense of the national media on what was going on internally with the Jets, what I heard was correct, and what Russini/Rosenblatt heard was wrong.  That person decided to white-knight for them because they get off on being miserable, and decided to make it personal.  Turns out, *WHOOPSIE*, they should have waited a bit before deciding to be a d*ck to me because it’s very clear that those 2 reporters speak to absolutely no one with credibility in that building.  So, with that being said, I’m done with the passive attitude and am going to defend myself going forward.   Let’s keep the train moving then, shall we?

When Tyron Smith was talking to the Jets, I posted it here 2-3 days before the signing was official, while Rosenblatt was telling Jets fans that it wasn’t going to happen and to keep our eyes on the draft for a rookie LT.

When the Jets were talking to Mike Williams, scheduling a visit, and feeling great about their chances, I posted it here before that was made official.  Rosenblatt was, again, standing by his sources that told him the Jets weren’t likely going to land him.

That’s just this off-season.  Do you want me to keep going, or is my point abundantly clear now?

Couple questions for you, and I get if you cannot go into too much detail:

1. Within the building, is there more confidence in JD or Saleh?

2. Does/did JD rely too heavily on inputs from others?  Draft for example (Zach, McDonald)

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wood:  Paying you 20M.  Where my wins at?

BS:  Positive Vibes Only, brother

Wood:  1.17M per win

BS:  Have you heard the one about Eagles and Crows?

[Sound of chairs smashing in background]

FADE TO BLACK...

20 mil over 5 years really isn't much by NFL HC standards

it's bottom 5 money 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

20 mil over 5 years really isn't much by NFL HC standards

it's bottom 5 money 

Oops, my mistake, I guess

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/robert-saleh-salary

The salary of Robert Saleh is around $5 million annually with the New York Jets. Saleh is just 44 years old and he already has made himself one of the highest-paid coaches in this prestigious league.

47 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Couple questions for you, and I get if you cannot go into too much detail:

1. Within the building, is there more confidence in JD or Saleh?

2. Does/did JD rely too heavily on inputs from others?  Draft for example (Zach, McDonald)

1.  I wouldn’t describe it as “who are we more confident in” situation, but if I had to go off the vibes, it’s Joe Douglas who many feel has done his job enough.  The overarching feeling is that the talent is here and now it is on the coaches to do their jobs.  

The few black marks on Douglas are:

- The 2020 draft set the rebuild job that he proposed back before the start of that season (though one could argue 2022 brought it back up to speed.)

- He, mostly alone, decided to move on from Sam Darnold.  The coaches were involved with the choice of Wilson, but many on the staff wanted to trade down, get a haul, plug as many holes as possible, and go from there.  Douglas had final say and went with getting “his guy.”

- No back-up QB for Aaron Rodgers last year.  Inexcusable.

- If Saleh, ultimately, bombs?  He too was Douglas’ guy.

I do think there are scenarios where Douglas stays and Saleh goes but, gun to my head, his seat is just as warm as of today.

2.  Douglas is the sole decision maker.  This isn’t a Tannenbaum situation where the head coach affects the drafting.  He goes with evaluations that have outside input, but the final say is his.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Oops, my mistake, I guess

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/robert-saleh-salary

The salary of Robert Saleh is around $5 million annually with the New York Jets. Saleh is just 44 years old and he already has made himself one of the highest-paid coaches in this prestigious league.

all due respect to the bots at "Sportskeeda" but 3, 4 and even 5 mil per year are all bottom of the league HC money 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I know this is Rodgers thing to go rogue in the offseason, but with the reports the Jets were going to lay low in Fa, then the RFK thing bubbles, and then the Jets suddenly go all in. I dunno. I’d like to hear from Rodgers himself that he’s excited to get back to the field.

1) Rosenblatt and Russini are unreliable clowns who peddle in re-reporting publicly known information. I'd trust folks here over their reports that the Jets are "likely" or "unlikely" to do anything. Cimini and Hughes have their flaws but listen to them on these type rumors.

Edit: if you need convincing on this, check out this article where Rosenblatt has re-stated pretty much everything we've known/speculated in Wilson trade threads here: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/insider_addresses_latest_trade_rumors_about_jets_zach_wilson/s1_13132_40163516

2) Rodgers stated on the Look Into It Podcast with Eddie Bravo that he hopes to play 2 to 4 more years for the Jets just earlier this month. That's enough reassurance for me

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  This org is one of the worst in pro sports.  Every once in a while it's easy to dupe us with a fake story expounding on that incompetence. 

I get it, but it really had nothing to do with the Jets organization. It was about Rodgers, and it never made much sense from his perspective, IMO 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  I wouldn’t describe it as “who are we more confident in” situation, but if I had to go off the vibes, it’s Joe Douglas who many feel has done his job enough.  The overarching feeling is that the talent is here and now it is on the coaches to do their jobs.  

- The 2020 draft set the rebuild job that he proposed back before the start of that season (though one could argue 2022 brought it back up to speed.)

- He, mostly alone, decided to move on from Sam Darnold.  The coaches were involved with the choice of Wilson, but many on the staff wanted to trade down, get a haul, plug as many holes as possible, and go from there.  Douglas had final say and went with getting “his guy.”

I do think there are scenarios where Douglas stays and Saleh goes, but gun to my head, his seat is just as warm as of today.

Thank you sir!  It’s much appreciated.

Follow-ups:

1. Has JD ‘locked’ Rodgers out of personnel decisions this year?

2. Throwing out the noise, is Rodger’s as a man viewed favorably throughout the org?  Treats people well?

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

all due respect to the bots at "Sportskeeda" but

show some respect, good sir
🤣

https://www.sportskeeda.com/author/tony-pauline-dda89

Tony Pauline
Tony Pauline Expert

Bio

Pauline is among the foremost experts in the NFL Draft with over 20 years of experience in the industry. Over the past two decades, he has contributed to Sports Illustrated, USA Today and has also worked with PhiladelphiaEagles.com.

• Haha 2

FWIW, “heated conversations” are the norm in successful organizations (not just football teams, but organizations of any type). Successful businesses feel the pressure to succeed and there is usually a healthy tension that comes along with that. 

the PVO nonsense that Saleh spews in every media appearance isn’t the real world. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The plan here is very simple.

Somebody, please smuggle Woody's son, Brick (really, is that what you name your son, Brick?"), for a weekend in Austin, TX, where we hole him up in a hotel room with Arch Manning for a weekend, and they exchange smooches.

In two years Woody would make sure our qb problems are solved.

Did you get this from Dallas? This was literally an episode of Dallas.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I find it hard to believe people don’t realize this is how the world works. Joe Douglas just being stubborn seems a lot less likely than the above. Especially since how bad he’s been.

It’s not how the world works.  Football teams don’t draft players at number two as a favor to a company because the place ads in their stadium.  
Multi-billion dollar orgs setting themselves back as favors.  This is ridiculous 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Thank you sir!  It’s much appreciated.

Follow-ups:

1. Has JD ‘locked’ Rodgers out of personnel decisions this year?

2. Throwing out the noise, is Rodger’s as a man viewed favorably throughout the org?  Treats people well?

Of course!

1.  Absolutely not.

2.  Very.  Can’t overstate that enough.  Saleh talks about a culture and a standard.  Rodgers, as well as CJ Mosley, are the embodiment of that.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's not a conspiracy theory 

Conspiracy involves secrets 

This Zach wilson thing is public knowledge 

Bull, it’s a dumb conspiracy theory invented here.  No one, anywhere else is breathing a word of this.  
Keep telling yourself Zach was drafted by the Jets as a favor to a Jet Blue exec who sold the company in 2005.  Before Zach was born.  We’re really back to this nonsense again?  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

You're overthinking it. Woody is friends with people in his billionaire circle. He likes to do favors for friends. Like draft their nephew. 

why does a powerful person do anyone a favor "for free?" Well, watch The Godfather. 

But it's not for free. JetBlue is the number two sponsor behind MetLife. It's not just an official airline; they release the schedule and sponsor all sorts of extra add-ons. And that's just free money for Woody, his favorite kind. 

RE: Number 3: The uncle cashes out of JetBlue to make more money. He still has a boatload of voting shares. He stocked the board with his cronies (who also invested in his new airline) and will always be the founder of JetBlue. The day that the dude dies, the obituary will read Jet Blue founder dies. 

People say, "When has this happened before?" I don't know. I don't know when the last time a prospect related to a major sponsor went 2 overall. You got me there. I don't know the last time a major airline chartered a plane from the prospects' home state to bring a crowd to his first home game. 

We could also talk about Zach's upbringing, politics and general style that Woody likes (ditto Favre, Tebow, Aaron) 

but in the end I suspect it's about money.

Put it another way if Justin Fields' uncle founded Met Life, he'd have been the pick.  

The "proof" I have is Daniel Jeremiah linking Zach Wilson to the NYJ in December and early Jan before the CFB playoffs were even played. The JD jets don't leak (see Sauce pick). IT came from Woody.

Meanwhile, Fields is out there slinging with broken ribs, and his stock falls? Because DJ knew what was happening in NYJ with his old Richmond contact JD. And the NFL media is such group think that if one team says a busty dude is worth 1 or 2 type of elite pick, they all change their big boards to reflect it. 

Also see Williams, Caleb. 

the real proof is that despite being one of the worst QBs in the history of the entire league, Zach Wilson is still on the roster right now 

the reason he has no trade value isn't just the contract. Teams need QBs badly. It's because any well-run team would have released him by now or at least not let him start 34 games. But the Jets aren't well-run and are going to keep him, and Zach is probably going to play real snaps again. 

That's the heated discussion between Saleh and Woody - how can you keep this cancer in my locker room? 

So woody is letting Neelman run the team because favors ?

what is your evidence?

the fundamental flaw in your fantasy is that team Wilson is meddling and interfering in his career to keep him on this god forsaken punchline of a joke team 

if they meddle it’s going to be to get him the bleep out of here and out west to the 9ers or Broncos etc. 

it’s just ridiculous dude 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

You're not factoring in Rodgers ego.  0% chance he ends his career after what happened last season.

I tend to agree.

I think the only real chance he doesn’t play next year is if he suffers a season-ending injury in training camp or preseason - which, to be fair, is clearly possible, but also has nothing to do with the silliness that we’ve been talking about over these past few weeks 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Bull, it’s a dumb conspiracy theory invented here.  No one, anywhere else is breathing a word of this.  
Keep telling yourself Zach was drafted by the Jets as a favor to a Jet Blue exec who sold the company in 2005.  Before Zach was born.  We’re really back to this nonsense again?  

Woody seems to be all about attention and headlines. 

I suspect he saw a marketable kid with flashy highlight plays in college he thought could be the face of his franchise, and ran with it.

In a surprise to nobody other than the Jets maybe, I don't think Rex Hogan has surfaced anywhere else after getting canned for his ZW scouting report.

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I do think there are scenarios where Douglas stays and Saleh goes, but gun to my head, his seat is just as warm as of today.

2.  Douglas is the sole decision maker.  This isn’t a Tannenbaum situation where the head coach affects the drafting.  He goes with evaluations that have outside input, but the final say is his.

Isn't it true that Saleh was one of the coaches that wanted to trade down? Heard he wanted absolutely no part of Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

My impression is that Saleh is a lame duck, he knows it, he is frustrated about that and his bumbling owners, he hates Zach Wilson who has almost single-handedly ruined his career, and he wishes he was back in SF as DC with Woody’s money.  

He does not seem all-in. 

I don’t think we can blame booze for anything that happened.  I don’t think Saleh drinks.  Woody seems to be drinking more.  As I told a friend today, the good thing about the 2024 off season is that I think it has been incontrovertibly exposed that Woody is the source of all of this organization’s problems.  

At some point this off season Ulbrich is the interim HC.  I don’t know when, but it is coming. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

FWIW, “heated conversations” are the norm in successful organizations (not just football teams, but organizations of any type). Successful businesses feel the pressure to succeed and there is usually a healthy tension that comes along with that.

the PVO nonsense that Saleh spews in every media appearance isn’t the real world. 

Excellent point.

But the commotion is usually left behind closed doors, no?

And makes you wonder what Woody must be thinking every time he has to listen to Saleh open his mouth to the press uttering nonsense.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No you're probably right he's just the worst pick in Jets history for no reason 

And he's still here 

You explain it then 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don't bother getting upset. Would you get upset if someone was pushing the narrative that the moon is made of cheese? No. And that is as believe as that diatribe he posted about the Jet Blue conspiracy 😅

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Isn't it true that Saleh was one of the coaches that wanted to trade down? Heard he wanted absolutely no part of Wilson. 

I wouldn’t say he or his staff wanted no part of Wilson, as LaFleur was a very big Wilson fan, but it was Saleh’s preference to trade down and “spread the wealth” amongst the entire team while trying to see if Darnold can reach his full potential.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Woody seems to be all about attention and headlines. 

I suspect he saw a marketable kid with flashy highlight plays in college he thought could be the face of his franchise, and ran with it.

In a surprise to nobody other than the Jets maybe, I don't think Rex Hogan has surfaced anywhere else after getting canned for his ZW scouting report.

The Niners would have taken him had they the chance.