Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is this trafficking in baseless rumor mongering? Yes. But, it’s a Wednesday in March. 

NFLN’s Colleen Wolfe, on the Around The NFL pod, offered up this tiny morsel—that Saleh and Woody were seen in a heated argument at a party at the Owner’s Meetings, and that it (her sources say) got “awkward” for everyone else. No info on what the conversation was about, but it’s fun to speculate. Saleh looked and sounded like a defeated man last weekend, and has been in hiding for three months besides. He can’t be loving that Woody has made himself the spokesman for the team and is making news with Zach Wilson bullsh*t even now. 

For those interested in the report, it’s in the last ten minutes of this podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000650545210

Is Zach Wilson going to be back with the team? Do you feel it in your heart of hearts?

• Haha 2

Just now, Rangers9 said:

The ZW situation is contentious because the org and CS put themselves on the line not only drafting him so high but starting him from day 1. And Saleh has in the past backed up that bad decision saying that Zach in his rookie year beat out "competition" for the starting job. When he obviously wasn't ready. Plus even last season he kept saying how much Zach had improved. As for Woody he can say what he wants to say. In most orgs the CS and GM would have been fired by now considering their W-L record.

We really don’t know what the argument was about.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

@Matt39 sending you the bat/zach signal. I'm on board with you now. Woody is keeping Zach Wilson around and it's tearing this team apart. 

Saleh and Douglas want to move on but can't because they have their hands tied.

Where Colin was right 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Let me get this straight. There was a heated argument, got awkward for everyone, yet there’s no info as to what those heated arguments were? Does anyone else see the problem here? Source seems like Incarcerated Bob. Either it wasn’t a heated argument, or it’s pure speculation. 

Why would anyone but Saleh and Woody know what it's about? It was between them. You want the source to go up to them with a mic and ask what it was about after? 

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why would anyone but Saleh and Woody know what it's about? It was between them. You want the source to go up to them with a mic and ask what it was about after? 

It was about Zach Wilson. I can feel it in my heart of hearts.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

It’s not hard to believe. Salehs vibes have been anything but positive for a while now and him having to listen to Woody talk about nothing but Zach Wilson (and probably the conversations he had to have after with other coaches ribbing him) probably pissed him off. Don’t blame him.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The only thing I get out of any of this is Colleen Wolfe who is extremely pretty

the rest of the nonsense - eh

I saw her in person at the Super Bowl pregame and can confirm

• Upvote 2

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I think it's been clear that Woody Johnson does not like Robert Saleh and probably would have fired him if Rodgers didn't ask for him to return.

Clear to who? 😅

I would think that these types of disagreements between ownership and staff happen more often than people realize, but ideally they could hash things out behind closed doors.  Pretty embarrassing to do it at a venue where other teams/owners are present.

But this is the Jets and here we are.  Two lame ducks at GM and HC going into a do or die season.

• Upvote 3