Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Saleh bitching about Zach coming back next season.  Can you blame him?  Zach has single-handedly ruined his coaching career.  A functional franchise led by semi-competent people would have cut Zach before last season yet Zach is 2 old frail players getting injured away from starting games again.  Pathetic.

I agree if this is true ... Saleh should hold to his principles and remove his own ass from office.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You're overthinking it. Woody is friends with people in his billionaire circle. He likes to do favors for friends. Like draft their nephew. 

why does a powerful person do anyone a favor "for free?" Well, watch The Godfather. 

But it's not for free. JetBlue is the number two sponsor behind MetLife. It's not just an official airline; they release the schedule and sponsor all sorts of extra add-ons. And that's just free money for Woody, his favorite kind. 

RE: Number 3: The uncle cashes out of JetBlue to make more money. He still has a boatload of voting shares. He stocked the board with his cronies (who also invested in his new airline) and will always be the founder of JetBlue. The day that the dude dies, the obituary will read Jet Blue founder dies. 

People say, "When has this happened before?" I don't know. I don't know when the last time a prospect related to a major sponsor went 2 overall. You got me there. I don't know the last time a major airline chartered a plane from the prospects' home state to bring a crowd to his first home game. 

We could also talk about Zach's upbringing, politics and general style that Woody likes (ditto Favre, Tebow, Aaron) 

but in the end I suspect it's about money.

Put it another way if Justin Fields' uncle founded Met Life, he'd have been the pick.  

The "proof" I have is Daniel Jeremiah linking Zach Wilson to the NYJ in December and early Jan before the CFB playoffs were even played. Fields is out there slinging with broken ribs and his stock falls? Because DJ knew what was happening in NYJ with his old Richmond contact JD. And the NFL media is such group think that if one team says a busty dude is worth 1 or 2 type of elite pick, they all change their big boards to reflect it.

Also see Williams, Caleb. 

the real proof is that despite being one of the worst QBs in the history of the entire league, Zach Wilson is still on the roster right now 

the reason he has no trade value isn't just the contract. Teams need QBs bad. It's because any well run team would have released him by now or at least not let him start 34 games. But the Jets aren't well run and are going to keep him and Zach is probably going to play real snaps again. 

That's the heated discussion between Saleh and Woody - how can you keep this cancer in my locker room? 

This of course makes no sense and yet I'm starting to believe it.

Really, if true this team has zero hope of ever winning anything.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You're overthinking it. Woody is friends with people in his billionaire circle. He likes to do favors for friends. Like draft their nephew. 

why does a powerful person do anyone a favor "for free?" Well, watch The Godfather. 

But it's not for free. JetBlue is the number two sponsor behind MetLife. It's not just an official airline; they release the schedule and sponsor all sorts of extra add-ons. And that's just free money for Woody, his favorite kind. 

RE: Number 3: The uncle cashes out of JetBlue to make more money. He still has a boatload of voting shares. He stocked the board with his cronies (who also invested in his new airline) and will always be the founder of JetBlue. The day that the dude dies, the obituary will read Jet Blue founder dies. 

People say, "When has this happened before?" I don't know. I don't know when the last time a prospect related to a major sponsor went 2 overall. You got me there. I don't know the last time a major airline chartered a plane from the prospects' home state to bring a crowd to his first home game. 

We could also talk about Zach's upbringing, politics and general style that Woody likes (ditto Favre, Tebow, Aaron) 

Put it another way if Justin Fields' uncle founded Met Life, he'd have been the pick.  

The "proof" I have is Daniel Jeremiah linking Zach Wilson to the NYJ in December and early Jan before the CFB playoffs were even played. The JD jets don't leak (see Sauce pick). IT came from Woody.

Meanwhile, Fields is out there slinging with broken ribs, and his stock falls? Because DJ knew what was happening in NYJ with his old Richmond contact JD. And the NFL media is such group think that if one team says a busty dude is worth 1 or 2 type of elite pick, they all change their big boards to reflect it. 

the real proof is that despite being one of the worst QBs in the history of the entire league, Zach Wilson is still on the roster right now 

the reason he has no trade value isn't just the contract. Teams need QBs badly. It's because any well-run team would have released him by now or at least not let him start 34 games. But the Jets aren't well-run and are going to keep him, and Zach is probably going to play real snaps again. 

That's the heated discussion between Saleh and Woody - how can you keep this cancer in my locker room? 

I find it hard to believe people don’t realize this is how the world works. Joe Douglas just being stubborn seems a lot less likely than the above. Especially since how bad he’s been.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is this trafficking in baseless rumor mongering? Yes. But, it’s a Wednesday in March. 

NFLN’s Colleen Wolfe, on the Around The NFL pod, offered up this tiny morsel—that Saleh and Woody were seen in a heated argument at a party at the Owner’s Meetings, and that it (her sources say) got “awkward” for everyone else. No info on what the conversation was about, but it’s fun to speculate. Saleh looked and sounded like a defeated man last weekend, and has been in hiding for three months besides. He can’t be loving that Woody has made himself the spokesman for the team and is making news with Zach Wilson bullsh*t even now. 

For those interested in the report, it’s in the last ten minutes of this podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000650545210

Do you know how I used to keep my boss out of my hair?  I was very successful at what I did, and I never heard from the guy.

As far as I'm concerned, Saleh has been a failure, and when you are a failure, your boss has every right to get in your face.  

I blame Woody opening his mouth on the failures of JD and Saleh.  So, suck it up and start winning games, and maybe your dumb as sh*t boss will leave you alone.

• Upvote 2

We all know how this plays out:

- Rodgers leads Jets to AFC championship game

- Woody gives Saleh and JD 5 year extensions

- Rodgers retires

- Zach comes back and leads the team to a 2-15 season

- Saleh and JD get fired

- Woody tries to lure TB 12

- wash, rinse, repeat

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

Do you know how I used to keep my boss out of my hair?  I was very successful at what I did, and I never heard from the guy.

As far as I'm concerned, Saleh has been a failure, and when you are a failure, your boss has every right to get in your face.  

I blame Woody opening his mouth on the failures of JD and Saleh.  So, suck it up and start winning games, and maybe your dumb as sh*t boss will leave you alone.

Manage your boss Bob

• Upvote 2

Saleh and Woody were arguing over the cheerleaders. Woody (and most fans) want the hotties giggling on the sidelines, but Saleh won't have it. Woody loved the extra 3rd round pick he got for hiring a devote Muslim, but it cost him his merry band of Flight Attendants, and all the PR Woody gets whenever the Cheer Squad shows up at a 100 different off-field events all year long.

I hear they tried jet-green burkas, but it didn't work.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The berry budget in my household is out of control.

Saleh buying a 13 bedroom house that needed to be gutted with probably a 50k property tax bill before he won a game probably still keeps him up at night. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The "proof" I have is Daniel Jeremiah linking Zach Wilson to the NYJ in December and early Jan before the CFB playoffs were even played. The JD jets don't leak (see Sauce pick). IT came from Woody.

Meanwhile, Fields is out there slinging with broken ribs, and his stock falls? Because DJ knew what was happening in NYJ with his old Richmond contact JD. And the NFL media is such group think that if one team says a busty dude is worth 1 or 2 type of elite pick, they all change their big boards to reflect it. 

the reason he has no trade value isn't just the contract. Teams need QBs badly. It's because any well-run team would have released him by now or at least not let him start 34 games. But the Jets aren't well-run and are going to keep him, and Zach is probably going to play real snaps again. 

So happy I didn't, and don't intend on, reading this. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Has anyone seen or heard from him since he got back from Costa Rica? 

I know this is Rodgers thing to go rogue in the offseason, but with the reports the Jets were going to lay low in Fa, then the RFK thing bubbles, and then the Jets suddenly go all in. I dunno. I’d like to hear from Rodgers himself that he’s excited to get back to the field.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Okay, so if she said it wasn't an argument, i assume it wasn't "heated" or "awkward for everyone else" either... what did she actually say about the situation?

I am legitimately asking because there's no way in hell I'm listening to podcast lol

Absolutely nothing other than she said they were in an animated conversation.  That she didn’t witness but wasn’t an argument.  Which she stressed.  And said who knows  

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An interesting story that we glossed over is Saleh saying they tried to hire an established offensive coach and that coach said no and the Jets just said screw it. What’s that all about? 

Coaches with options don't want to come here, because they fear the regime is doomed.  Which they will be, if they don't make the playoffs and make some noise this season.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Not our finest moment as a board, that’s for sure. 

that story never made sense, once you thought about it for more than 30 seconds 

It really took more than 30 seconds?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I know this is Rodgers thing to go rogue in the offseason, but with the reports the Jets were going to lay low in Fa, then the RFK thing bubbles, and then the Jets suddenly go all in. I dunno. I’d like to hear from Rodgers himself that he’s excited to get back to the field.

Same.  His lack of a end-March press conference is eye opening.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An interesting story that we glossed over is Saleh saying they tried to hire an established offensive coach and that coach said no and the Jets just said screw it. What’s that all about? 

coaching hires are uncapped spend. Woody isn't interested in spending more money than he legally has to 

unless it's on someone who goes on Bro Joegans podcast then he's Mr spendy guy 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Douglas should hire Tom Brady as our Passing Game Coordinator. Give him 10% of the team for each SB we win. Solved!

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lol you want him to into Florham Park in March to hold a press conference just to let you know he's excited? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol you want him to into Florham Park in March to hold a press conference just to let you know he's excited? 

A tweet would be nice. You think he’s certainly back?

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The plan here is very simple.

Somebody, please smuggle Woody's son, Brick (really, is that what you name your son, Brick?"), for a weekend in Austin, TX, where we hole him up in a hotel room with Arch Manning for a weekend, and they exchange smooches.

In two years Woody would make sure our qb problems are solved.

• Haha 3