Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh man, gutsy calls on this one.

Yes and no.  I've looked at so many mock drafts, and very, very few have Bowers going before the Jets get to pick at #10, and very few mocks have one of the 3 wide receivers available at #10.  If the Jets don't take Bowers at 10, he will slip until 15 or beyond.

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

This all seems accurate... There's no reason for these wr to be there at 10 

4 qbs 3 wr gone for sure 

For the record I'm hoping for olu Fashanu or fuaga 

I'd be sad with Latham 

Our thinking is exactly the same!  Exactly!  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Yeah, I agree as I saw a video done by a Cowboy's fan that left me thinking the same thing.  In the highlights Manu does dominate at times, just not enough considering the competition he was facing.

Which I guess is why he's considered a FA long shot...  if he's picked it's like having the normal extremely low odds in buying a lottery ticket except for a drawing that won't be decided for a couple of years. 

Pre draft interest to pass the time!

I think there are some international rules that help those guys along and provide some forms of roster (or at least practice squad) relief.  That might also encourage helping them develop.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yes and no.  I've looked at so many mock drafts, and very, very few have Bowers going before the Jets get to pick at #10, and very few mocks have one of the 3 wide receivers available at #10.  If the Jets don't take Bowers at 10, he will slip until 15 or beyond.

Mock drafts always go to sh*t after 5 picks, if not sooner.

Mayer was supposed to go early too. History says there’s no real risk in your prognostication, regardless of mock drafts done all day every day by content creators (not experts and not connected, meaning they all copy each others homework).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Daniels gets good for a few years so this is fine. Assuming this is real, do Commies go Drake Maye? So much Maye slander right now.

Yeah... what's up with that?  I'm waiting for the video of him with a gas mask on, having a good time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This board literally has had a near consensus that the Jet front office is full of idiots for not taking a regular slot at 15 last year.  Let's not act like a big slot would be worse to have.  Bowers will probably run as well as Smith-Ngba did.  He's not much of an inline blocker?  Eh.  I have seen him rated pretty well.  He's not a 270 lb extra tackle, but I'm sure he'll block considerably better than Smith-Ngba, and his blocking is profiling as much better than Kincaid last year, isn't it?  People were excited to have Quincy Enunwa and I don't think there is anything Quincy was doing that Bowers could not do at least as well.  I don't think most of us had a problem with paying all that money for what Enunwa was as a player.  Our issues were with the fact that we knew he would get hurt and barely play.

IMO, he shouldn't go at 10.  The idiots believed that Lazard would be a perfect big slot.  Instead, he's a big snot.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

IMO, he shouldn't go at 10.  The idiots believed that Lazard would be a perfect big slot.  Instead, he's a big snot.  

Exactly. If we were able to trade down to late teens,pick up at least a 2 nd this year, and Bowers was still there, then it might make sense. At 10, you should be fired if you are the Jets GM.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly. If we were able to trade down to late teens,pick up at least a 2 nd this year, and Bowers was still there, then it might make sense. At 10, you should be fired if you are the Jets GM.

I like superstars. You don’t get a chance too often to draft a potential top 3 (or top one) player at their position in the NFL. Especially one that will literally change your offense. One that is a mismatch every time his cleat touches grass and that opposing d coordinators have to game plan for.

You just have to grow a pair. It’s the ******* draft not the produce aisle at the supermarket. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Right.  He makes sense at 15, but not 10?  Like those 5 slots make such a huge difference.  A 3rd round value.  Oooooh.  If Bowers is the top receiver in this draft it won't matter.  They should still be fired!!  I do not know how I feel about drafting Bowers.  I do not have much confidence in this offensive staff or that they will scheme him to success.  That being said, we have flexibility in this draft and I think it is very likely that Bowers has as much or more impact as a receiver as anybody outside the top 3.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Right.  He makes sense at 15, but not 10?  Like those 5 slots make such a huge difference.  A 3rd round value.  Oooooh.  If Bowers is the top receiver in this draft it won't matter.  They should still be fired!!  I do not know how I feel about drafting Bowers.  I do not have much confidence in this offensive staff or that they will scheme him to success.  That being said, we have flexibility in this draft and I think it is very likely that Bowers has as much or more impact as a receiver as anybody outside the top 3.  

If we take him and he’s as good as advertised we’re all happy.  But reading into a lot of the concerns here, the issue is that many think b/c he’s a TE he won’t be that good.  Yet, there are minimal concerns about whether these top wrs will be good.  

Bowers is the guy the jets won’t take and then we’ll keep seeing him on redzone for the next decade. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I like superstars. You don’t get a chance too often to draft a potential top 3 (or top one) player at their position in the NFL. Especially one that will literally change your offense. One that is a mismatch every time his cleat touches grass and that opposing d coordinators have to game plan for.

You just have to grow a pair. It’s the ******* draft not the produce aisle at the supermarket. 

If he’s all that, it will be a moot point then. He’ll be done by pick 4 at the latest, right?

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:14 AM, Alka said:

My prediction #1:  Bowers will be drafted somewhere between #15 and #25.

My prediction #2:  All 3 wide receivers will be gone before #10.

My prediction #3:  Jets will either draft a O tackle at #10, or trade down to pick up a 2nd round pick, which I believe JD would prefer.

The only scenario for a trade down is if JJ McCarthy falls to 10 and someone wants to trade ahead of Minn for him. But Minn is so QB need that they will almost certainly trade into the Top 9 to get one. At 10 I don't see someone there that people will want to trade up for other than Alt or Odunze but we probably pick one of those if he is there. I seriously doubt we get any opportunity to trade down. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

The only scenario for a trade down is if JJ McCarthy falls to 10 and someone wants to trade ahead of Minn for him. But Minn is so QB need that they will almost certainly trade into the Top 9 to get one. At 10 I don't see someone there that people will want to trade up for other than Alt or Odunze but we probably pick one of those if he is there. I seriously doubt we get any opportunity to trade down. 

There’s more scenarios.  Teams may want nix or penix.  A team may want bowers or their favorite tackle.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If we take him and he’s as good as advertised we’re all happy.  But reading into a lot of the concerns here, the issue is that many think b/c he’s a TE he won’t be that good.  Yet, there are minimal concerns about whether these top wrs will be good.  

Bowers is the guy the jets won’t take and then we’ll keep seeing him on redzone for the next decade. 

Kind of where I am at.  There are minimal concerns about the top 3 WR.  There are literal videos of people being terrified of Brian Thomas Jr.  Adonai Mitchell?   

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

Busy week of official 30 visits for Jordan Morgan/T/Arizona. Was @BuffaloBills yesterday, @Panthers today, @Titans and @nyjets later this week.  Expecting Morgan to slide into the bottom half of round one.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

It depends on the team. If it is a top heavy Offense draft, you will most assuredly have one of the top two edge guys there as well as your choice of the top cb’s. A team like the Eagles, for example, might want to move up for Arnold or Mitchell. I think the opportunity will be there.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

Busy week of official 30 visits for Jordan Morgan/T/Arizona. Was @BuffaloBills yesterday, @Panthers today, @Titans and @nyjets later this week.  Expecting Morgan to slide into the bottom half of round one.

But are the jets also?

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But are the jets also?

I sure as hell hope not

This team is as “all in” as it gets and I’m not giving up a bluechip playmaker like Odunze or Bowers just so we can add an insurance policy at OT and pick up a 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you love a guy pick him.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

My feeling is take one of the OT at 10, and either move into the 2nd or wait until the 3rd to pick up a WR.

The WR group is extremely deep this year, and outside of the top 3 the drop off isn't that servere.

I would rather have 1st round tackle/3rd round wr than vice versa. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

My feeling is take one of the OT at 10, and either move into the 2nd or wait until the 3rd to pick up a WR.

The WR group is extremely deep this year, and outside of the top 3 the drop off isn't that servere.

It all starts with who is available at #10.

But I like the idea of moving back a little bit from #10 to either acquire a 2nd rounder straight-up or make any potential move-up from the 3rd into the 2nd more palatable.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It all starts with who is available at #10.

But I like the idea of moving back a little bit from #10 to either acquire a 2nd rounder straight-up or make any potential move-up from the 3rd into the 2nd more palatable.

I think the jets will be flexible, so if someone they didn’t think would be there is just there at 10, then they stay and that’s that.  If not they should have offers to slide back.  This is one of the more interesting drafts in recent memory.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

There are literal videos of people being terrified of Brian Thomas Jr.  Adonai Mitchell?   

BTJ is terrifying to me. 

There is definitely a place in the NFL for guys who feast in college off go-balls and jump-balls vs inferior athletes.

I'm just not sure #10 overall is the place to be making that kind of investment when you can bag a franchise LT there instead.

You have to think about what the player's floor and ceiling are relative to where they are picked.

BTJ's floor is terrifyingly low, and I doubt his ceiling is that of a legit WR1.  Maybe a high-end WR2.

I like Mitchell though.  He could be a steal as a late 1st.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I can see going either route:

Elite WR in the 1st (Odunze), and then developmental OL in the 3rd and 4th to have OT depth. 
(Amegadjie, Fisher, Foster)
Or,

Elite OL in the 1st (Fautanu, Latham), and then WRs in the 3rd and 4th to have a starting slot (Wilson, Pearsall, Smith), and WR-X depth. (Polk, Walker, Baker, Rice)

14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I can see going either route:

Elite WR in the 1st (Odunze), and then developmental OL in the 3rd and 4th to have OT depth. 
(Amegadjie, Fisher, Foster)
Or,

Elite OL in the 1st (Fautanu, Latham), and then WRs in the 3rd and 4th to have a starting slot (Wilson, Pearsall, Smith), and WR-X depth. (Polk, Walker, Baker, Rice)

I'd be surprised if we double up on any position group (assuming we haven't picked up more picks via a trade back).

We also need a safety and should be looking to bring in a developmental QB. Also need depth at TE, LB and RB

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

It will be interesting to see what Bowers and Mims do at their workouts today.

No testing, just positional drills. Bowers refusing to run the 40 kind of makes me doubt that he would have put up good numbers

• Upvote 2