NY Jets News, Rumors and Updates

NY Jets Helmet

NY Jets News, Rumors and Updates

We want to make sure you know about the JetNation Forums, the ultimate fan-driven source for all things NY Jets. From the latest news and rumors to in-depth discussions, JetNation.com’s forums are buzzing with activity. Whether you’re looking for updates on the Jets roster, or the state of the AFC East, our community has got you covered. Check out some of the trending threads below and join the conversation!

Don’t miss out on the latest discussions. Join our forum today and be part of the largest NY Jets fan communities online!

The post NY Jets News, Rumors and Updates appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

• Report: Bill Belichick is writing a book – Dive into discussions on this unexpected move by the Patriots’ coach and its implications for the Jets.
    • (The fastest read ever)....   I resign as the HC of the NYJ.
  • State of the AFC East – Get the latest on where the Jets stand in the division and what it means for the upcoming season.
    • Should be there for the taking if Saleh can actually coach.
  • New York Jets Uniform Change – Share your thoughts on the Jets’ new look for the 2024 season.
    • Anything is better than what we wear now. Wish it was back to the 98's but so far what I've seen is encouraging.
  • Draft Options for the NY Jets – A discussion about how free agency gives the Jets options with the 10th pick.
    • ALT or Ozune, then trade down.
  • Did Joe Douglas build the best team in football? – Join the debate on the roster’s strength and the GM’s strategic moves.
    • Been mistakes, but he's not the entire problem. Saleh's got a lot to prove this year.
  • Haha 1

Ryan Fowler @_RyanFowler_

The New York Jets are hosting Tulane QB Michael Pratt for a visit this week, source said.

Talented signal-caller is expected to hear his name called in the middle rounds.

• Upvote 2

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

Busy week of official 30 visits for Jordan Morgan/T/Arizona. Was @BuffaloBills yesterday, @Panthers today, @Titans and @nyjets later this week.  Expecting Morgan to slide into the bottom half of round one.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ryan Fowler @_RyanFowler_

The New York Jets are hosting Tulane QB Michael Pratt for a visit this week, source said.

Talented signal-caller is expected to hear his name called in the middle rounds.

We should take a flyer on a QB with upside even if a 4th rounder. But it can’t be another Morgan pick since we cannot waste what few drat picks we have. This QB pick at the has to develop into at least a pretty good backup. 

11 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Curious if this “Rumors and Updates Thread” will have rumors and updates, unlike the other one. 

Sorry this was a blog post, they start threads automatically. Just trying to remind our blog readers to check out the forums.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:25 PM, Maxman said:

Sorry this was a blog post, they start threads automatically. Just trying to remind our blog readers to check out the forums.

Thanks, Phil.

i was being cheeky because the other thread is 20 pages, and contains 2 or 3 rumors. 

• Haha 2

Connor Rogers ⁦‪@ConnorJRogers‬⁩

Never underestimate how late coaches get involved in the process and how much that can change things

4/12/24, 10:18 AM

Dianna Russini @DMRussini‬⁩

Just had an insightful draft conversation with a GM who strongly reminded me about 20 times that most teams are still undecided and NO TEAM is leaking to anyone who they are picking. Most organizations aren’t even settled on who they are taking. 

It’s still early.

4/12/24, 10:11 AM

• Upvote 1

Justin M ⁦‪@JustinM_NFL‬⁩

North Carolina WR Tez Walker has 30/in-person visits with #Panthers, #Bills, #Jaguars, #Jets.

Recent virtuals with #Titans, #Packers, #Raiders, #Bengals, #Eagles, #Jaguars.

4.36 40, 40.5" vertical, 11-ft-2 broad.

⁦‪@DevontezWalker‬⁩ on ⁦‪@TheDraftNetwork‬⁩:
thedraftnetwork.com/2024/04/12/tez…

4/12/24, 11:42 AM

• Upvote 2

Jack ⁦‪@jackstollow‬⁩

more 30 visits for the #Jets reported since i last updated the full list:

WR Malik Nabers
QB Michael Pratt
OL Jordan Morgan
WR Tejhaun Palmer
OL Troy Fautanu
WR Tez Walker
WR Troy Franklin

4/12/24, 1:22 PM

another to add: British Columbia OL Giovanni Manu has a 30 visit with the #Jets on his agenda, per ⁦‪@Schultz_Report‬⁩. basketball player turned offensive tackle

4/12/24, 2:46 PM

On 4/10/2024 at 11:40 AM, C Mart said:

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

Busy week of official 30 visits for Jordan Morgan/T/Arizona. Was @BuffaloBills yesterday, @Panthers today, @Titans and @nyjets later this week.  Expecting Morgan to slide into the bottom half of round one.

Probably a top 3 college Tackle based on performance but I believe he has short arms. More so suited to play guard in the pros.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Connor Rogers ⁦‪@ConnorJRogers‬⁩

Never underestimate how late coaches get involved in the process and how much that can change things

4/12/24, 10:18 AM

Dianna Russini @DMRussini‬⁩

Just had an insightful draft conversation with a GM who strongly reminded me about 20 times that most teams are still undecided and NO TEAM is leaking to anyone who they are picking. Most organizations aren’t even settled on who they are taking. 

It’s still early.

4/12/24, 10:11 AM

The bolded part is a huge problem.  You need a strong gm to tell the coaches to shut the f up sit down and get ready to call the guy the gm and his staff have evaluated and picked.   Pre draft the coaches should have input as to the type of player they might want or that will fit with the plan, then get out of the way.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

North Carolina WR Tez Walker has 30/in-person visits with #Panthers, #Bills, #Jaguars, #Jets.

Walker in Round 3 >>> Brian Thomas at #10

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The bolded part is a huge problem.  You need a strong gm to tell the coaches to shut the f up sit down and get ready to call the guy the gm and his staff have evaluated and picked.   Pre draft the coaches should have input as to the type of player they might want or that will fit with the plan, then get out of the way.

Agreed, but it really depends on the coach. If Andy Reid is really in my ear, I probably give it serious thought. 😁

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

I really like Tez Walker.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Agreed, but it really depends on the coach. If Andy Reid is really in my ear, I probably give it serious thought. 😁

I'm willing to bet the andy reid did not have the time or effort to pick a guy like l'jaruous sneed at the time or know much about isiah pacheco.

Scouts knew needs and found theses guys, not coaches.

Reid is smart enough to have input but stay out of the way imo with much of the draft.  Very high picks like 1st rounders?  Maybe but not later parts of the draft.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm willing to bet the andy reid did not have the time or effort to pick a guy like l'jaruous sneed at the time or know much about isiah pacheco.

Scouts knew needs and found theses guys, not coaches.

Reid is smart enough to have input but stay out of the way imo with much of the draft.  Very high picks like 1st rounders?  Maybe but not later parts of the draft.

I think we are on the same page. My point is I would trust Andy if he felt strongly about a guy vs a twit like Saleh who personally wanted nothing to do with Wilson but let it become a team vote.

• Upvote 1