1JD flight 24 second episode tonight

• Larz changed the title to 1JD flight 24 second episode tonight

My god the jets beat sucks

cimini “With a QB as old as Rodgers is it important to get him playmakers?”

I don’t know how JD just gave him a throwaway reply and didn’t take the bait lol. 

boring compared to last year.  The only nugget was they have liked Olu since he was a freshman 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:40 PM, jetstream23 said:

{Scene Opens - New York City skyline, birds chirping, slow buildup of exciting music]

Cut to Newark Airport where an EconoShuttle stops outside of Terminal A.  A door opens, Zach Wilson steps out carrying his own luggage and wearing an orange headband.

[Deep Voice Narrator] "It's another season of change for the New York Jets and someone.....is about to take flight."

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Episode 2 was good - I love the inside the draft room stuff.  I'm even more pumped about the Fashanu pick now - he is an excellent prospect and seems like such a good kid.

Most interesting revelation was that Roman Wilson was the Jets' backup option behind Corley.  It appears that the guy I thought they were looking at - Troy Franklin - was never under consideration.  Seems like the Jets wanted more of a slot guy rather than an outside field-stretcher.

Haven’t watched the episode yet, but this was my immediate impression. After they missed on the top three guys -all with #1-2 potential, but improving the slot this season- they focused specifically on the type of slot they wanted in this offense rather than another potential outside guy. This was the weapons now pick, along with one of those two RBs who I think they’d love to get up to 100 carries from. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:40 PM, jetstream23 said:

{Scene Opens - New York City skyline, birds chirping, slow buildup of exciting music]

Cut to Newark Airport where an EconoShuttle stops outside of Terminal A.  A door opens, Zach Wilson steps out carrying his own luggage and wearing an orange headband.

[Deep Voice Narrator] "It's another season of change for the New York Jets and someone.....is about to take flight."

You have a gift and its being wasted in this forum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Episode 2 was good - I love the inside the draft room stuff.  I'm even more pumped about the Fashanu pick now - he is an excellent prospect and seems like such a good kid.

Most interesting revelation was that Roman Wilson was the Jets' backup option behind Corley.  It appears that the guy I thought they were looking at - Troy Franklin - was never under consideration.  Seems like the Jets wanted more of a slot guy rather than an outside field-stretcher.

That actually makes me happy.  I like Wilson.

• Upvote 3

It does appear from the episode that Olu was the guy they wanted all along?  They did try to trade with Atlanta but wanted to stay to pick Penix who would've been there at 10.  If they did trade, i wonder if Olu was still the guy.  They did not seem upset at all when Odunze was picked by the Bears.  They were also very happy Adonai Mitchell was picked by the Colts instead of Corley.

25 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It does appear from the episode that Olu was the guy they wanted all along?  They did try to trade with Atlanta but wanted to stay to pick Penix who would've been there at 10.  If they did trade, i wonder if Olu was still the guy.  They did not seem upset at all when Odunze was picked by the Bears.  They were also very happy Adonai Mitchell was picked by the Colts instead of Corley.

It was Rome. That part where he was like oh **** and hung up. Thats cause he was seeing if Rome would fall . Think Olu was there #1 tackle tho. 

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm sure it was heavily edited.  

Once they knew they couldn't trade up they decided Olu was their guy and that's where that footage came from.  

• Upvote 3

They clearly edited out any attempts to trade up for a WR. You have the call with Atlanta, “they’re picking and they want 10, too,” lol. Nothing with Chicago at 9. I don’t doubt that Olu was their plan if the WRs were gone, though. JD looked pretty comfortable as Alt and Latham got picked. Also does look like they were targeting Corley during the second round, just no takers.