Do you consider the draft "must see TV"?

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you probably missed the zach wilson pick then. It was actually pretty cool to see, one of my fond memories of the draft, he came out and was like lets go NY we are going to kick some ass! I remember thinking man this kids seems awesome, he is going to be all in and wants to be in NY. It felt good to see someone young want to be hear, this was before the big influx of first rounders the next year. 

I mean it didnt tunr out good but the "sideline" interview and puff piece on him that played saying he was a stud did feel good to watch. I think I am just going to watch the edited short clip of the pick afterwards this year of whoever our first pick is going to be,.

I do knwo last year their was not much made of our boy, did seem that great of a pick, even if he does turn a corner and become a stud this year.

All and All I say watch the clip after, waiting sucks if you dont give a crap abotu who else is being picked. Which I for one def dont care about this year.

Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I think the first time I watched was when I got to see the '89 draft when the Jets fans booed Jeff Lageman. Aww great times. And yes I'll be watching.

I love watching this franchise set itself back years in real time

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The experience gets worse every year. 

man I remember in the 90s getting my jets confidential draft preview, newsday, post and the news preview, maybe a street and smith preview, and I’d watch the broadcast which I think was 3 rounds on Saturday and 4 on Sunday something like that and it was pick after pick 

now with the former players coming out and trying to trash talk and all that it’s soooooo cringe. 

why are all the jets later picks during commercials lol 

• Upvote 4

Fkn obsessed with the draft. 

It’s the closest thing to little kid Christmas there is.  I will be glued to the tube, switching back and forth between ESPN, NFLN, and 100 websites.

If the Jets were ever good picking I. The 20’s it wouldn’t matter that much, but draft day is typically the peak of each season.

Looking back at old drafts, it’s clearly the most important team building imaginable. Little twists or turns here echo for eternity.

33 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I think the first time I watched was when I got to see the '89 draft when the Jets fans booed Jeff Lageman. Aww great times. And yes I'll be watching.

Awww great memories!

JeffLagemanCommercial.thumb.png.8ec5ac821e3cf4e6f5585568b988dbb7.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rbstern said:

Let me start by saying I've skipped the draft many times over the years.  Even more so as the NFL made it a big money event and stretched it out so long.  If I was out doing other things, I might follow via my phone, but I found it counter-productive to sweat the details or be glued to a device.  Thinking I might actually watch this year, but still on the fence.

Is it must-see TV for you?  Or will you be content to read the results after the dust settles?

When I was younger it was must see TV the entire draft.

Then the first 3 rounds were must see.

Then the 1st round only.

Today I just want to know who the Jets take in the 1st that’s must see the rest I’ll catch up on whenever now a days.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you probably missed the zach wilson pick then. It was actually pretty cool to see, one of my fond memories of the draft, he came out and was like lets go NY we are going to kick some ass!

image.gif.e970d065f73859899b53e2a9f1a99d2e.gif

The exact moment the Jets should have bailed

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rbstern said:

Let me start by saying I've skipped the draft many times over the years.  Even more so as the NFL made it a big money event and stretched it out so long.  If I was out doing other things, I might follow via my phone, but I found it counter-productive to sweat the details or be glued to a device.  Thinking I might actually watch this year, but still on the fence.

Is it must-see TV for you?  Or will you be content to read the results after the dust settles?

The only time I missed watching it was when my son had baseball games. I remember coaching 3B and having someone screaming to me that the Jets just draft Mark Sanchez during one of his games.

Day three of the draft? I might be cutting the lawn late in that day.  :)

First Round, yes.

Day 2, meh, depends.

Day 3, no.

When it was an All-Day affair on Saturday/Sunday, with IMO MUCH deeper and more insightful analysis of prospects than today's "ex-players yell at each other in outlandish suits while a lone draftnik rolls his eyes and tries to get a word in" coverage, it was all must see TV for me.

The NFL won casuals in prime time, but lost me for most of it.  

Round 1, until the Jets pick, I’ll usually watch live.  Past that, I think it’s the ultimate DVR event.  I’ll usually fast forward until the Jets are about to pick, assess who’s available so I can root for who I (somewhat arbitrarily) think is the best available pick, then take in the analysis of who they actually pick.