Jets Draft Olu Fashanu: How he fits ...

8 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Long term, he's the LT.

But if he plays lights out in camp and preseason, it's not crazy to think he can start over Moses at RT.

Lmao this is the same CS who didn't start Garrett Wilson until he had 50 yards in 10 snaps in his first game, do you really think Olu is starting? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So did the Jets. 

Disagree... the Jets don't seem caught up in that to me. The only thing that was win-now future mortgaging was the Reddick trade and that's a 3rd round 2026 pick. Rodgers will be here for another 2 seasons. The Jets will begin their pursuit of a QB next year and the plan will be to drop them into a position where they can be successful after Rodgers retires - not that the entire team begins and ends with Rodgers' tenure. From the day he got here, that became the prevailing thought and it never made any sense to me.

They will win now with Rodgers and also (hopefully) be set up at a cornerstone position for the future. The intelligent move. It would have been fun, but Bowers was never ever going to be the pick.

Also, I would argue that in the win-now mentality, being prepared for Smith's 4-6 missed games is way more impactful than anything a rookie TE could provide next year

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Nah we just had him in for a visit because Joe D wanted to meet a fellow future bald guy

The Jets brought in a lot of guys they have no intention of drafting.  Its called "playing the game."

Gastineau lives needs a lesson in smoke screening.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

This was the smart pick. This guy is a wall and will be the long term franchise LT.

Doesn't have the pressure of stepping in from day 1, but team will not sink if/when Smith or Moses go down. I think they will use him as a swing tackle to start the season.

Exactly he's a wall. look at his tape. These edge guys dont get anywhere near his QB.  Impressive. And he's getting better every year as he was raw as can be when he first came to Penn St.

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Are you serious? Elaborate. AVT and Becton. That's JDs 1st round OL history. Thats it.

Becton flashed but busted, largely due to injuries. AVT is a stud but has dealt with some injuries as well. Hopefully will come back strong again this year. He is NOT a bust and is still a major part of this team and anchor on the oline. 

So again...

What The Wtf GIF by Justin 

You proved my point for me. Thank you. 2 1st round OLineman. None can stay healthy. 

We drafted a project player vs a ready to go impact player in Bowers.
IF we had a young QB,  I would have liked the pick more but we dont-we have a we have a 40 year old qb who if we are lucky has 2 years in him) and by all accounts this pick is a depth pick that we will develop over  time.  

We might have a young QB by the end of day 3.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

Can someone explain this precipitous drop? For months it was the two of them in the same top LT tier and then seemingly once underwear season started Fashanu wasn’t valued as highly. What happened? 

Agent peddling nonsense

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Lmao this is the same CS who didn't start Garrett Wilson until he had 50 yards in 10 snaps in his first game, do you really think Olu is starting? 

Actually MiLF is no longer with the team. He went out west, with Zach not far behind,

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Disagree... the Jets don't seem caught up in that to me. The only thing that was win-now future mortgaging was the Reddick trade and that's a 3rd round 2026 pick. Rodgers will be here for another 2 seasons. The Jets will begin their pursuit of a QB next year and the plan will be to drop them into a position where they can be successful after Rodgers retires - not that the entire team begins and ends with Rodgers' tenure. From the day he got here, that became the prevailing thought and it never made any sense to me.

They will win now with Rodgers and also (hopefully) be set up at a cornerstone position for the future. The intelligent move. It would have been fun, but Bowers was never ever going to be the pick.

Also, I would argue that in the win-now mentality, being prepared for Smith's 4-6 missed games is way more impactful than anything a rookie TE could provide next year

They tried to trade for Odunze

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They tried to trade for Odunze

Of course they did, he is going to be star and the WR position could be viewed just as volatile as OT was to both now/later success. But when things didn't fall that way, they decided to do the smart thing and set themselves up well

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Of course they did, he is going to be star and the WR position could be viewed just as volatile as OT was to both now/later success. But when things didn't fall that way, they decided to do the smart thing and set themselves up well

Ok so not the first smart thing only if the other smart thing didn’t happen. So really not THE smart thing but A smart thing. 

This is going to turn into another Brock Bowers discussion. I’m tapping out.

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And that's when you'll appreciate this pick and be glad it happened.

nah I would rather watch Bowers destroy defenses that cant cover him

43 minutes ago, Claymation said:

One isn't on the team anymore, the other is. Yes AVT has dealt with injuries, but he does have talent

Becton had talent too. He had work ethic, attitude and other issues as well. Agreed AVT doesn’t have those issues. But none the less he’s barely played 2/3 of the seasons he’s been in this league. Hes like ale unlike Anton. So I get it. But he certainly shouldn’t get a pass bc he’s a good kid.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Becton had talent too. He had work ethic, attitude and other issues as well. Agreed AVT doesn’t have those issues. But none the less he’s barely played 2/3 of the seasons he’s been in this league. Hes like ale unlike Anton. So I get it. But he certainly shouldn’t get a pass bc he’s a good kid.

I liked Becton in College and wanted the Jets to draft him, but his pass blocking was atrocious. I could deal with the other stuff, but at the end of the day he has to be able to maintain his blocks and he could not.

Not giving AVT a pass because he is likable. He was the best OL every year he played and when he went down with an injury the OL became the worst in the league. He is no longer a projection but someone who has value. AVT when healthy is the 2nd best OL for the Jets behind Smith.

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Talk about low energy, looks like Saleh is sulking because the Jets didn't take Murphy.

LOL! I watched that last night and that's what I remembered most of that interview...he seemed a million miles away.

Connor Hughes said they tried to trade up with the Giants and Bears but couldn't meaning they really wanted Odunze and maybe that's why Saleh is maybe thinking of a missed opportunity...

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How many guys were on this magical board according to you, Mysterio?

Micah Abraham, Cornerback, Marshall (T30)

Joe Alt^, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame (COM, T30)

Brock Bowers, Tight End, Georgia (T30)

Jayden Daniels, Quarterback, LSU (COM)

Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, T30)

Braden Fiske, Defensive Tackle, Florida State (T30)

Anthony Goodlow, Defensive End, Oklahoma State (VIR)

Jaden Hicks^, Safety, Washington State (COM, T30)

Michael Hiers, Quarterback, Samford (T30)

Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Defensive End, Notre Dame (T30)

Mohamed Kamara, Defensive End, Colorado State (LOC)

J.C. Latham, Offensive Tackle, Alabama (T30)

Drake Maye, Quarterback, North Carolina (COM)

Braiden McGregor, Defensive End, Michigan (VIR)

Max Melton, Cornerback, Rutgers (LOC)

Jordan Morgan, Offensive Tackle, Arizona (T30)

Malik Nabers^, Wide Receiver, LSU (PRO, T30)

Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)

Rome Odunze, Wide Receiver, Washington (T30)

T.J. Palmer, Wide Receiver, UAB (T30)

Patrick Paul, Offensive Tackle, Houston (T30)

Michael Pratt, Quarterback, Tulane (T30)

Brenden Rice, Wide Receiver, USC (T30)

Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (T30)

Justin Rogers, Defensive Tackle, Auburn (VIR)

Roger Rosengarten, Offensive Tackle, Washington (PRO)

Ainias Smith, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M (VIR)

Maason Smith, Defensive Tackle, LSU (T30)

Jordan Travis, Quarterback, Florida State (T30)

Devontez Walker, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (T30)

Roman Wilson, Wide Receiver, Michigan (T30)

• Upvote 1

One thing about the pick - I did not see any report that the Jets brought Fashanu in for a top 30 visit. From what I've read about him - there are no character concerns with him. He was team captain. Great attitude and hard worker.  A pretty clean prospect

And all we heard for the past 3 months was how Douglas loved Fuaga. 75% of mocks had the Jets taking Bowers or Fuaga.

Once again - the media do not know a thing when it comes to the Jets dealings. Nobody speculated Simpson to the Jets, the Moses trade, Kinlaw or Fotu to the Jets.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

One thing about the pick - I did not see any report that the Jets brought Fashanu in for a top 30 visit. From what I've read about him - there are no character concerns with him. He was team captain. Great attitude and hard worker.  A pretty clean prospect

And all we heard for the past 3 months was how Douglas loved Fuaga. 75% of mocks had the Jets taking Bowers or Fuaga.

Once again - the media do not know a thing when it comes to the Jets dealings. Nobody speculated Simpson to the Jets, the Moses trade, Kinlaw or Fotu to the Jets.  

I think I would have smashed my face through the TV if we picked Fuaga over Fashanu 

• Upvote 1