Pick 176: Jets select CFL DB Qwan’tez Stiggers

• extmenace changed the title to Pick 176: Jets select CFL DB Qwan’tez Stingers
  • extmenace changed the title to Pick 176: Jets select CFL DB Qwan’tez Stiggers

That’s it I’m done. There wasn’t another college player in the country better than some guy from Canada?? JD is just trolling now. This guy would not have available as UDFA or at least 7th round??? Plus a corner????

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

That’s it I’m done. There wasn’t another college player in the country better than some guy from Canada?? JD is just trolling now. This guy would not have available as UDFA or at least 7th round??? Plus a corner????

First defensive CFL player in 25 years to earn outstanding rookie of year honors.  Just giving you some info.  Not saying anything else. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Sorry sperm, gave you one. Gonna have to earn the next one.

I wasn't even trying :tongue2:

I was going to get in before the pick, and had a thread started with JETS ON THE CLOCK and then this that's still on my clipboard:

image.png

Wouldn't be setting a great example about others not spamming the board then, would it?

I'm getting tired of having to always be the most mature adult in the room, though.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jets1958 said:

He got his first paycheck from Walmart, where he collected the shopping carts in the parking lot at the store on Cascade Road in Southwest Atlanta. He washed cars at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. He was a car salesman for Superior Chevrolet. He worked temp jobs and made deliveries for DoorDash.

Hey, this dude hustles.

"I even had my own mobile oil change and brake service business," he added. "I’ve had a lot of jobs."

Now, Stiggers is poised to line up his next job with a dash of history. According to ESPN, Stiggers, projected as a mid-to-late-round pick, could become just the third player selected in the common NFL draft who didn’t play in college.

Stiggers never played a down at the college level

It's suggested that he switches to a safety role in the NFL.

Safety is a need which makes total sense for us as a talented, young 22 year old CFL standout to develop/backup our safety position. With his back story and then his "off the couch" meteoric rise to such a high level in Canada I see him as a fearless quick learner that adjusts quickly who was born with outstanding natural abilities. All he needs is experience...

Strengths

• Well-built, proportional frame.
  • Loose hips with fluid movement in space.
  • Playmaking instincts come naturally for him.
  • Twitchy accelerator to close out targets.
  • Ball skills stand out on tape.
  • Weaknesses

• Inexperienced and needs time to learn coverages.
    • Technique gets away from him on transitions.
    • Very limited reps working from press in the Canadian Football League.
    • Needs to improve tackling technique in run support.
  • Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

First defensive CFL player in 25 years to earn outstanding rookie of year honors.  Just giving you some info.  Not saying anything else. 

Just speculating, but sounds like he has the size and speed to transition to safety. Just a guess

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

It's suggested that he switches to a safety role in the NFL.

Safety is a need which makes total sense for us as a talented, young 22 year old CFL standout to develop/backup our safety position. With his back story and then his "off the couch" meteoric rise to such a high level in Canada I see him as a fearless quick learner that adjusts quickly who was born with outstanding natural abilities. All he needs is experience...

Strengths

• Well-built, proportional frame.
  • Loose hips with fluid movement in space.
  • Playmaking instincts come naturally for him.
  • Twitchy accelerator to close out targets.
  • Ball skills stand out on tape.
  • Weaknesses

• Inexperienced and needs time to learn coverages.
    • Technique gets away from him on transitions.
    • Very limited reps working from press in the Canadian Football League.
    • Needs to improve tackling technique in run support.

Bingo