Braelon Allen is going to “make sure ARod can play for 10 more years”

no hate..  Just logic and reality.  He's a good kid.  No one "hates" him.  They brought in better pass protectors and more bruising backs than Izzy.  He just might not be a Jet for very long, that's all.  His best chance would be to show that he can catch the ball on 3rd down yardage.  If so, he might be able to stay.

• Upvote 2

I just realized something, I think we just drafted Izzy's replacement which isn't the 2 RB bruisers.

Corley is       5' 11" 220 Lbs and ran a 4.43 -40    Yards After the Catch 

Izzy  A. is      5' 10"  216 lbs  and ran a 4.36 -40   Breakaway Speed 

I think they originally envisioned Izzy as a change of pace 3rd down back based on his speed but instead they're going to the  YAC King Corley instead. Just my hunch

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why do people act like Abanikanda is some scat back?  He weighed 216 at the combine.  Isaiah Davis is a "big bruiser" at 218?  Give me a ******* break.  Abanikanda needed to work on pass pro.  That is about as common an issue for a young back as there has ever been.  The plan for last year was Breece, Cook, Carter and Abanikanda.  Plus the FB Bawden.  This year they have less at TE and they don't have Cook or Carter.  

Abanikanda had 240 carries and 20 TDs his last season at Pitt.  The idea he can't be anything more than a change of pace back is kind of silly IMO.  I thought for sure they would bring in a vet for pass pro.  I think the fact that they just added a couple of more 5th rounders to the RB room is a more of a sign of faith in Izzy than that he will be cut loose.

Common sense.  It is unbelievable how drafting 2 late round rbs has scrambled jet fans brains.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s already talking a big game like all Saleh’s players do before they accomplish a thing 

He gets worked in pass pro in these instances here  

Lmao 

Need some cheese? 

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why do people act like Abanikanda is some scat back?  He weighed 216 at the combine.  Isaiah Davis is a "big bruiser" at 218?  Give me a ******* break.  Abanikanda needed to work on pass pro.  That is about as common an issue for a young back as there has ever been.  The plan for last year was Breece, Cook, Carter and Abanikanda.  Plus the FB Bawden.  This year they have less at TE and they don't have Cook or Carter.  

Abanikanda had 240 carries and 20 TDs his last season at Pitt.  The idea he can't be anything more than a change of pace back is kind of silly IMO.  I thought for sure they would bring in a vet for pass pro.  I think the fact that they just added a couple of more 5th rounders to the RB room is a more of a sign of faith in Izzy than that he will be cut loose.

By 'less at TE' you are referring to CJ's 58 yards and 1 TD receiving from last year?  I liked Uzomah when we picked him up, but honestly, he's been a non-factor.  Conklin has been far more valuable both seasons.

As for Izzy, I'm not assuming he's done, but I do think the Jets need a reliable 3rd-and-short power back.  Izzy didn't prove it last season as evidenced by their utter failure on 3rd downs.  Not all on Izzy for sure, since they had to pass a lot of those times, and the OLine was no help, but I can absolutely understand why they want to take two more shots at getting a reliable guy who can beast his way to 2 yards when we really need it.

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If he adds 10lbs of muscle, yes he will still be a 4.3 guy.

The Izzy hate on this board is so bizarre. I cannot believe so many are just done with him.

I heard he was dumber than a bag of hammers.

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

By 'less at TE' you are referring to CJ's 58 yards and 1 TD receiving from last year?  I liked Uzomah when we picked him up, but honestly, he's been a non-factor.  Conklin has been far more valuable both seasons.

As for Izzy, I'm not assuming he's done, but I do think the Jets need a reliable 3rd-and-short power back.  Izzy didn't prove it last season as evidenced by their utter failure on 3rd downs.  Not all on Izzy for sure, since they had to pass a lot of those times, and the OLine was no help, but I can absolutely understand why they want to take two more shots at getting a reliable guy who can beast his way to 2 yards when we really need it.

What I mean by less at TE is just that they might have extra roster spots.  Expecting Izzy to get cut would mean somebody took his roster spot.  I am not seeing that even if the other two make it.  Now, if they sign Zeke Elliott, then I will wonder about his future.

Abanikanda was a beast in the preseason, and kind of disappeared once the season got going.  Presumably that had to do with pass pro.  Once he got some carries at the end of the year he was underwhelming.  I think the hate for him is kind of "what have you done for me lately."  It is odd from a board that had posts saying we should pass on Bowers because Kuntz had a good RAS.

Abanikanda is no lock, but he was a promising young player they should be developing.  These guys were all 5th rounders.  If any of them work out it is a plus.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What I mean by less at TE is just that they might have extra roster spots.  Expecting Izzy to get cut would mean somebody took his roster spot.  I am not seeing that even if the other two make it.  Now, if they sign Zeke Elliott, then I will wonder about his future.

Abanikanda was a beast in the preseason, and kind of disappeared once the season got going.  Presumably that had to do with pass pro.  Once he got some carries at the end of the year he was underwhelming.  I think the hate for him is kind of "what have you done for me lately."  It is odd from a board that had posts saying we should pass on Bowers because Kuntz had a good RAS.

Abanikanda is no lock, but he was a promising young player they should be developing.  These guys were all 5th rounders.  If any of them work out it is a plus.

Cowboys signed Zeke.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

No one ever claimed he can't improve.  So what are you clapping for?  The Jets ain't waiting around very long for him to improve and do something.  Otherwise they do NOT draft TWO RBs.   I just don't understand the puppy love here for Izzy.  He underperformed obvioulsy.  The Jets draft tells all on Izzy.  You guys are in denial.

Oh, I don’t care about Izzy or this juvenile dispute. I think his second paragraph was very poignant regardless of the slap fight. Direct your attitude elsewhere or I’ll be clapping that ass, homie.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

"sign of faith".  That's actually quite funny.  They brought in guys that were mid-late picks just like he was.  If they really believed in him they are not drafting two RBs there.   It's that simple and you and everyone else are making feeble attempts to describe it in a way that supports Izzy.  Yeah sure.  Good luck.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, I don’t care about Izzy or this juvenile dispute. I think his second paragraph was very poignant regardless of the slap fight. Direct your attitude elsewhere or I’ll be clapping that ass, homie.

Sadly, that paragraph was irrelevant to the point.

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"sign of faith".  That's actually quite funny.  They brought in guys that were mid-late picks just like he was.  If they really believed in him they are not drafting two RBs there.   It's that simple and you and everyone else are making feeble attempts to describe it in a way that supports Izzy.  Yeah sure.  Good luck.

Feeble attempts?  Two 5th round picks do not indicate a lack of faith compared to bringing in Cook last year.  We won't know anything until we see them start playing, but it is the play style more than 2 backs that might mean something.  They lost Cook and Carter and replaced them with 2 5th rounders.  That is hardly a smoking gun that they don't like the player.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Feeble attempts?  Two 5th round picks do not indicate a lack of faith compared to bringing in Cook last year.  We won't know anything until we see them start playing, but it is the play style more than 2 backs that might mean something.  They lost Cook and Carter and replaced them with 2 5th rounders.  That is hardly a smoking gun that they don't like the player.

It sure is. In fact its fairly evident.  If they were comfortable with him they dont draft 2. They address another area. He may very well stick, but the writing is on the wall. 

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It sure is. In fact its fairly evident.  If they were comfortable with him they dont draft 2. They address another area. He may very well stick, but the writing is on the wall. 

The idea that 5th round RB = writing on the wall is silly.  They carried 2 more RB last season than they have this season.  They preferred 5th rounders to vet free agents - of which there were several available.  They were so very worried about having Abanikanda as #2 RB, that they traded out of 111, 126 and 129?  They were so desperate to replace him that even after drafting Allen @134 when the 49ers traded up for Guerendo.  They were so sure they needed another back that sitting there with 173, they traded up to 171 for Travis.  

Douglas obviously likes 2nd and 3rd day RB.  He has taken one every year.  Perine (4th), Carter (4th), Breece (2nd), Abanikanda (5th), Allen (4th) and Davis (5th).  Breece is the only one taken in the top 100.  I think they see the potential for value there and I think they know they have the roster space.  They carried 4 RB last year and this year they have Breece, Izzy, Xazavian Valladay and Jacques Patrick.  I don't think anybody would expect Valladay or Patrick to be rostered, so two draft picks is not exactly earth shattering.  That isn't to say they are in love with Izzy, but even when they like guys they keep piling more bodies on.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Here is a whiff and sack given up.  Izzy is rb2.

Izzy stunk in pass pro last season.

Im not saying Izzy is gone or done, but he was a 5th rounder in 2023. To anoint him the #2 NOW, over a 5th rounder in 2024, when he didnt flash much at all last season, is silly. 

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I think Izzy is Breece backup (Speed) and Davis will be Allen’s backup (Power) . Any one gets hurt the offense wont have to change the offense dramatically. 

Everyone is Breece’s backup, lol. Izzy is the speed guy. The one who should be a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Allen looks the part, but just watching some highlight/breakdown videos, you can see that he doesn’t play to his size. He’s more of a dancing bear than an Earl Campbell. Davis, otoh, looks like he thrives on contact, with a number of reps of him either plowing thru defenders or taking them for a ride. If they were looking for a power back, Davis looks like the more natural fit. I think that is what they were looking for, and took two to make sure they hit on one at one of the few holes on the roster. 

• Upvote 1