anyone remember that meaningless week 17 win?

TaborJet

I do.

What good did it do for us? We went from 3-12 to 4-12.

I usually feel pretty good after a win, but not that one.

How different would it be to have the #3 pick overall vs. the #4 overall? Very different!

THANKS HERM.

Wah!! The Jets won a game and ruined the draft! Wah!!

I'm tired of hearing you guys cry about this. I was happy that the Jets didn't just give up and not play. Apparently you've never played sports, because then you would know that losing sucks.

I'm glad they won, despite being held back by the coaching staff.

I do.

What good did it do for us? We went from 3-12 to 4-12.

THANKS HERM.

I only quoted the first and last sentence for the sake of proving the major misconception of your post. You are thanking Herm for that win, but the bottom line is Herm had nothing to do with it. Herm had nothing to do with any of the wins we had under his tenure. We had a hell of a team at times while he was the coach, and he did NOTHING to help them reach their potential. I don't thank him for any win, and I certainly won't give him credit for that last one. Those players won a game on their own merits, just as they had done each time they ever won before. Herm did nothing to win games for the NY Jets while he was here. In fact he did more to lose games such as PIT, NE, BAL, PIT again, StL, and on and on and on.

I only quoted the first and last sentence for the sake of proving the major misconception of your post. You are thanking Herm for that win, but the bottom line is Herm had nothing to do with it. Herm had nothing to do with any of the wins we had under his tenure. We had a hell of a team at times while he was the coach, and he did NOTHING to help them reach their potential. I don't thank him for any win, and I certainly won't give him credit for that last one. Those players won a game on their own merits, just as they had done each time they ever won before. Herm did nothing to win games for the NY Jets while he was here. In fact he did more to lose games such as PIT, NE, BAL, PIT again, StL, and on and on and on.

POTW NOM.

If only that cute girl in 6th grade had shown you some love, it would be a far better life than the one you currently lead.

UM he was passing notes to the cute girl. But they weren't for her. She was instructed to pass them to the boy next to her.

Take that for what it is worth. ;)

Wah!! The Jets won a game and ruined the draft! Wah!!

I'm tired of hearing you guys cry about this. I was happy that the Jets didn't just give up and not play. Apparently you've never played sports, because then you would know that losing sucks.

I'm glad they won, despite being held back by the coaching staff.

Ditto.

If we are going to play to lose, might as well just not show up for the games. Might as well go every year and forfeit every game.

Hey, we could get some darn good picks that way.

BZ

That "meaningless" game was one of my favorite Jet victories ever.

Bolly showed that belongs with the elite qb's of all time with that performance.

He went 11-20 with 153 yards and that puts him in the "elite qb's of all time"?

Just when I think you can't get any more deranged..

BZ

Actually, it may have been the best thing. Teams don't trade into the top-3 so fast b/c they still use those out-dated draft charts. From 3 to 4 is a much higher "point" dropoff (400) than from 4 to 5 (100). If we desire a trade-down, it's more likely to happen at #4 since it costs less to move up. You could cry to the sun and the moon that we'd get an extra late 2nd/early 3rd-rounder if we picked 3rd instead of 4th except that may make the price too steep for an already expensive move upward.

It's not like there are widely considered to be 3 prospects league-wide and then there's everybody else. If anything it's 1 (Bush). Then the next 3 prospects could go in almost any order. We either get Mario or Brick. If Leinart's there I seriously doubt we'd take him but we could get a bidding war between any of: Ari/Den/Oak/Buf/Det/Balt/Min; all of whom could use a Matt Leinart better than a Meadowlands team.

I see us in a win-win at #4. And actually it may be to our advantage.

Ari: 10 + 41 + [178 or 219]

Den: 15 + 22

Oak: 7 + 37 (if they're desperate) or 7 + 69 + 100 and we give back #133

Buf: 8 + 42 (we may have to give back #116)

Det: 9 + 40 (we may have to give back #133)

Balt: 13 + 44 + next year's 2nd-rounder (or #13 plus next year's 1st)

Min: 17 + 48 + 51 + [115 or 150]

or whatever else gets offered to us in excess of the above. Those are already "expensive" for those teams in terms of giving up picks for the trade-up. Having to come up with an additional 400 pts may make the trade-up too expensive & as a result fewer offers if any at all.

Hey BZ was spot on for that game,,if memory serves me right he predicted a victory :yahoo:

I was right 4 times last year! WHOO HOOO!!!

Of course, I do well in other pools by NOT picking the Jets at all. Ever. Unless of course, I have to.

BZ

Hey BZ was spot on for that game,,if memory serves me right he predicted a victory :yahoo:

I was right 4 times last year! WHOO HOOO!!!

Of course, I do well in other pools by NOT picking the Jets at all. Ever. Unless of course, I have to.

BZ

This is an absurd notion.

In it, you are essentially laying the groundwork that coaches have nothing to do with good players winning, and everything to do with good players losing.

Furthering that, it would be hard to give creedance to needing a coach at all.

If you want to blame Herm for losing games fine, and that is fair. But in the same sentence to say he had nothing to do with them winning any games is absurd.

Logic took a beating today.

In it, you are essentially laying the groundwork that coaches have nothing to do with good players winning, and everything to do with good players losing.

If you want to blame Herm for losing games fine, and that is fair. But in the same sentence to say he had nothing to do with them winning any games is absurd.

I never said coaches, Scott. Please fing one sentence where I mentioned that "coaches" don't win games. What I clearly stated was HERM has never contributed anything to winng a game on Sunday. Please give me one example where Herm did anything at all to get our team over the hump and win a game. Name the game, and the exact strategic move he made to win it.

I never said coaches, Scott. Please fing one sentence where I mentioned that "coaches" don't win games. What I clearly stated was HERM has never contributed anything to winng a game on Sunday. Please give me one example where Herm did anything at all to get our team over the hump and win a game. Name the game, and the exact strategic move he made to win it.

That's a trick question SD so don't answer it, no way in hell Herm can even spell strategic move so executing one during a football game would be impossible.;)

Edit:

BTW, Herm just called to tell me he does in fact know what a strategic move is, he said it's when you repeatedly baste the chicken with bbq sauce while slow cooking the meat. He said it's strategic because at the end you have a nice glaze on the chicken, hence the strategic thinking in advance. He also noted that he used to chase chickens.

That's a trick question SD so don't answer it, no way in hell Herm can even spell strategic move so executing one during a football game would be impossible.;)

Edit:

BTW, Herm just called to tell me he does in fact know what a strategic move is, he said it's when you repeatedly baste the chicken with bbq sauce while slow cooking the meat. He said it's strategic because at the end you have a nice glaze on the chicken, hence the strategic thinking in advance. He also noted that he used to chase chickens.

Archived