Can CJ Mosley keep it up?

This Jets team is loaded with talent but no NFL team is without some questions/concerns.

Personally, CJ Mosley far exceeded my expectations in 2023.  For a guy who was often a liability in coverage in 2022 I thought the wheels would come off as he got a year older.

Question becomes, how much longer can he play well enough against the pass to avoid being a weak spot on an otherwise top defense?

Should he falter I feel good about Sherwood being the next man up.

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

• But Ray Lewis played for 17 years.  Let’s see what Mosley can do.  I think he likes the game and the money.  

1) FFS.  CJ Mosley should never be compared to Ray Lewis in any capacity.

2) Mosley “likes the game” so much he got paid $10M to opt not to play it for a full season.  What a trooper.

3) Ray Lewis was so pumped up full of PEDs he murdered 2 people and got away with it.  

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

This Jets team is loaded with talent but no NFL team is without some questions/concerns.

Personally, CJ Mosley far exceeded my expectations in 2023.  For a guy who was often a liability in coverage in 2022 I thought the wheels would come off as he got a year older.

Question becomes, how much longer can he play well enough against the pass to avoid being a weak spot on an otherwise top defense?

Should he falter I feel good about Sherwood being the next man up.

Well there is no way he can go 4 more year, that much is clear 🤣

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Keep what up -- the grift of pretending to be even an average football player and getting paid ridiculous millions for keeping the wheels moving on that scam?

They never should have given him Neville Hewitt's job.

Disappoint you do not! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/28/2024 at 7:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s getting older so probably not.  It’s ok, many guys struggle with keeping it up.  Not me, but other guys.

So childish... lol

• Haha 2

If this defensive coaching staff, with all the talent and weapons they have on defense, cannot hide Mosley's one weakness in pass coverage (b/c let me tell you, the guy can still chase players down, he can still tackle, he can still move and react, and he can still lay the wood - for the jokesters out there), then we have much bigger problems. 

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If this defensive coaching staff, with all the talent and weapons they have on defense, cannot hide Mosley's one weakness in pass coverage (b/c let me tell you, the guy can still chase players down, he can still tackle, he can still move and react, and he can still lay the wood - for the jokesters out there), then we have much bigger problems. 

He’s elite at tackling RBs 6 yards from the LOS.  What a super important skillset in 2024.

Thanks Macc.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:39 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s elite at tackling RBs 6 yards from the LOS.  What a super important skillset in 2024.

Thanks Macc.

I just went through all of the game logs. He didn't have a single tackle on a running play where the back gained 6 yards.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m happy for you and the Mosley fan club that he would be an elite Linebacker in 1972.

I am happy for you that your ability to read sarcasm seems to be intact.

See what I did there? That was sarcastic, again.  LOL.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Everyone associated with the nfl in any capacity: CJ Mosley is one of the best linebackers in the game

Jet fans: He sucks.  Cut him.

The contract makes him fair game because that is a huge cap number. But I think he receives way more hate from fans than he deserves. He is a key part of on of the top defenses in the league.

17 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Mosley has played only 8 full seasons in the NFL. He still has some gas left in the tank.

32 is 32.  A lot of tread on the tires can only make you an OLD 32.  Lack of tread doesn’t turn the clock backwards.

Granted, ILB isn’t exactly a position that ages like other positions, but if you’re anticipating him to retain any sideline to sideline speed at this point it’ll lead to disappointment.  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just went through all of the game logs. He didn't have a single tackle on a running play where the back gained 6 yards.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine.  5 yards from the LOS.  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you for admitting you were wrong lol.

The underlying humor in all this is that 80 doesn’t know what I do without even asking:

The odds that you looked up anything at all, or that you would even know where to find such a stat, are lower than the odds of my buying an authentic, autographed Mosley jersey and wearing it to hungrily fellate Bill Belichick after he went on a 5-day streak of doing yard work in the summer sun without bathing.

I’d say well played if that very thought didn’t make me so sick. 🤢 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The underlying humor in all this is that 80 doesn’t know what I do without even asking:

The odds that you looked up anything at all, or that you would even know where to find such a stat, are lower than the odds of my buying an authentic, autographed Mosley jersey and wearing it to hungrily fellate Bill Belichick after he went on a 5-day streak of doing yard work in the summer sun without bathing.

I’d say well played if that very thought didn’t make me so sick. 🤢 

Yeah I thought it was clearly obvious that I didn't look anything up LOL.

• Haha 2