A Proposal To Jet Nation

Satan

Superbowl For 10 Years No Playoffs?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Superbowl For 10 Years No Playoffs?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/10/2024 at 12:15 AM

this is almost the same thing that happened the last time won the SB except we made the playoffs the next year. than went 11 years without a playoff.

i wasnt alive in 68 but for the few guys here who were was that SB win worth it for those 11 years? how about the 2 years we won 4 games ( 70, 73) or the 3 years we won 3 games ( 75, 76, 77 ). ? that is a lot of miserable Sundays and life is too short. 

no deal.

oh and btw this is satan so dont expect those 10 years to be 9 win seasons where we miss the playoffs on the last day of the season. those 10 years will be some of the worst you ever seen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It’s funny because I sort of have the opposite reaction initially. Nothing is more depressing than being bad and irrelevant every year. And the thought of another guaranteed decade of being irrelevant really bums me out and makes me want to say f*ck you 

Of course, I’d untimely take a fluky championship - beggars can’t be choosers.

But the one thing I really want to see in my lifetime is a sustained run of 5ish years where the Jets are contenders. I can’t deal with being losers year after year. That’s what’s draining. 

Why are your posts always so damn reasonable?  lol.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Oh, how delightful! It seems I’ve struck a nerve. "Blow it out your ass, Satan," you say? My, my, such bravado from a guy that hasn’t even mustered the courage to vote on the poll. Typical Jets fan, all talk and no action.

Let’s address your points, shall we? Yes, I know you’re used to living in a perpetual state of disappointment and despair. That’s precisely why I thought you’d jump at the chance for one moment of glory. But instead, you’ve decided to puff out your chest and pretend you’re too tough for my deal. How adorably misguided.

And suggesting I turn my attention to Mets fans? Really? At least they’ve had the decency to win a championship in the last half-century. Unlike the Jets, who’ve been floundering in mediocrity, clinging to that one ancient victory like it’s a life raft. It’s almost pitiable.

You claim to be able to take any crap I throw at you, yet you haven’t even cast a vote. It’s easy to talk big on a forum, but when it comes to making a decision, you’re hiding behind your keyboard, too scared to face the consequences. How very fitting for a Jets fan.

So, here’s a thought: Instead of trying to deflect and insult, why don’t you grow a spine and make a decision? Take the deal or don’t but stop pretending you’re above it all. We both know that deep down, you’re desperate for that one moment of glory.

Next time, try coming up with an insult that actually stings. I expect better from a fanbase that’s been through what you have.

Ask anyone Satan, I will punch you right in the face $!!

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

blow it out your ass Satan ..... as Jets fans we can take any crap you throw at us we are already in a living hell, what makes you think we will take your stupid deal .... I have a deal for you, go **** with the Met fans, they are much more willing to understand they will always suck and having to look up to the Yankees is a constant beatdown. You being as smart as you say you are you should have known this poser. 

imagine getting triggered by Satan

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Oh, how delightful! It seems I’ve struck a nerve. "Blow it out your ass, Satan," you say? My, my, such bravado from a guy that hasn’t even mustered the courage to vote on the poll. Typical Jets fan, all talk and no action.

Let’s address your points, shall we? Yes, I know you’re used to living in a perpetual state of disappointment and despair. That’s precisely why I thought you’d jump at the chance for one moment of glory. But instead, you’ve decided to puff out your chest and pretend you’re too tough for my deal. How adorably misguided.

And suggesting I turn my attention to Mets fans? Really? At least they’ve had the decency to win a championship in the last half-century. Unlike the Jets, who’ve been floundering in mediocrity, clinging to that one ancient victory like it’s a life raft. It’s almost pitiable.

You claim to be able to take any crap I throw at you, yet you haven’t even cast a vote. It’s easy to talk big on a forum, but when it comes to making a decision, you’re hiding behind your keyboard, too scared to face the consequences. How very fitting for a Jets fan.

So, here’s a thought: Instead of trying to deflect and insult, why don’t you grow a spine and make a decision? Take the deal or don’t but stop pretending you’re above it all. We both know that deep down, you’re desperate for that one moment of glory.

Next time, try coming up with an insult that actually stings. I expect better from a fanbase that’s been through what you have.

Listen up Satan I can derail your thread , get it shut down , and laugh at you while I do it so you better be nice to me. Your deal stinks and Im not taking it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I know you see a lot of awful sh*t down in Hell, but I don’t think you’re ready for the most annoying people in the world to march in here and explain that #actually the Jets have the fifth best odds to win the Super Bowl

FWIW this is the best thread in the last 2 months

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I know you see a lot of awful sh*t down in Hell, but I don’t think you’re ready for the most annoying people in the world to march in here and explain that #actually the Jets have the fifth best odds to win the Super Bowl

This is the funniest post of the month. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

blow it out your ass Satan ..... as Jets fans we can take any crap you throw at us we are already in a living hell, what makes you think we will take your stupid deal .... I have a deal for you, go **** with the Met fans, they are much more willing to understand they will always suck and having to look up to the Yankees is a constant beatdown. You being as smart as you say you are you should have known this poser. 

the mets have had more success than the jets

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Crimer said:

In a heartbeat!

But jets have ALWAYS done the opposite. They were in the driver’s seat for number 1 overall pick, but they had to fight like hell to get Zach Wilson instead lol. Years earlier.. They fought so hard to win meaningless games to drop from 3rd overall to 6th. Only to trade 3 very valuable 2nd round picks to get right back to 3 ha

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Satan said:

Dear JetNation,

Greetings from the depths of the Underworld! I am Lucifer, the Prince of Darkness, the ruler of all things sinister, and I must say, I’ve had quite the laugh watching your undying loyalty to the New York Jets. Year after year, you poor souls cling to hope like it’s a lifeline, only to have your dreams crushed in the most spectacular fashion. Honestly, it’s almost admirable—if it weren’t so pathetically hilarious.

The Proposal:
I will guarantee that the New York Jets win the Super Bowl this very year. Yes, you heard me right. The Jets, Super Bowl champions. Imagine the glory, the parades, the tears of joy. Your team, holding the Lombardi Trophy high. Finally, you can stop pretending that next year is your year because this year will be.

The Terms:

• Immediate Fulfillment: The Jets will win the Super Bowl this season, defying all odds and making history.
  • Lifelong Memory: You will savor this victory for the rest of your mortal life. The celebrations, the bragging rights—it will all be yours to enjoy.
  • Simple Agreement: No need for your soul—I'm not that cruel. Just a simple understanding between us.

The Consequences:
Upon the conclusion of this miraculous season, the Jets will not make the playoffs for at least the following 10 years. Yes, a decade of dashed hopes and continued suffering. Think of it as a small price to pay for that one fleeting moment of glory. After all, Joe Namath sold his soul to me for that Super Bowl III win, and look where it got you—decades of misery and heartbreak. You’ll be following in his legendary footsteps, except with a much clearer deal.

The Choice:
Ah, the sweet irony! You’ve spent your life believing in the Jets—a team that has consistently tested the limits of your patience and sanity. Now, you have the chance to see them crowned champions, to bask in the glory that has eluded you for so long. Think of it as a trade—one glorious season for a decade of despair. Besides, what’s another 10 years of waiting when you've been waiting since 1969? This seems like an easy decision.

This offer will be put to a poll. The results of the poll will be final and binding. Should you choose to accept my offer, the Jets will be Super Bowl champions this year, and the next 10 years of playoff drought will be your fate. If the majority declines, well, you’ll continue as you have, clinging to hope each season.

I look forward to witnessing the extraordinary joy and inevitable despair that will follow. After all, isn’t that what being a Jets fan is all about?

Yours Eternally,
Lucifer Prince of Darkness

I wonder what deal you made with Joe Namath back in 1968.

Feels like we're still paying for that one.

12 hours ago, Satan said:

I don’t appreciate being taken lightly.

Then you have my apologies in advance.

FWIW, I voted.  I'll take my shot at a decade of multiple runs for a championship.  But see, this is the thing...  I've seen the team win a championship.  Yes, I was 10 years old and it made me a fan of this team forever, so I'm not desperately thirsty for a "1st time in my life" kind of championship. I like the prosects for this team in the next 10 years for no logical reason, but I do.

• Upvote 1