New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner seen hanging out with Philadelphia mob boss "Skinny" Joey Merlino at a 4th of July party?

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Let’s just keep stretching this further.

So this guy has a podcast and because Sauce is on social media, he would have listened to this podcast out of 100,000 of podcast out there. “

But let’s assume he did, does this guy annouce on his poscast that he is a mob boss?

Then let’s say Sauce did know this guy podcaster was a mob boss. Is he hanging out with him because he is trying to join the mob?

I didnt know mobs still exist and dont know how they work. Can Sauce join? What’s in it for Sauce?

I'm not trying to run in too many different directions with this, because there are some unknowns here.

That said, if Sauce did know who he was, it's not a good look for the Jets organization, that their all-pro corner-back is taking pics and shaking hands with a convicted felon, no less a convicted mob-boss.

We all know how the media is, with anything where the NY Jets are concerned.

And for those of you who don't know who Joey Merlino is, his mob ties run pretty deep in Philly and his mob/criminal history, is very well documented.

He is NOT a nobody.

I'll take it a step further and say that if Joey Merlino attended a party, most people there would probably know who he was - if not by sight, then by word of mouth.

Joey Merlino - Wikipedia

In January 2023, Merlino reappeared in the news when he posed for a photograph with former U.S. president Donald Trump at a Trump-owned golf club, with both men making a "thumbs up" gesture.[71]

In September 2023, Merlino started the sports betting podcast "The Skinny with Joey Merlino". Merlino gives out football picks weekly.

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rumor has it that Sauce heard that Mekhi Becton was getting a 90 pound mole taken off his ass.

To me Mekhi is beautiful…Rubenesque 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm not trying to run into too many different directions with this, because there are some unknowns here.

That said, if Sauce did know who he was, it's not a good look for the Jets organization, that their all-pro corner-back is taking pics and shaking hands with a convicted felon, no less a convicted mob-boss.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Craig Carton is "media" right?  He's a felon.

Pretty sure a convicted felon is running for President as well and players take pictures with him all the time.

I dont think this matters, at all to anyone, anywhere.  Quite frankly, Sauce shouldnt have even gone on the defensive about it.  He can hang with whoever he wants to.

14 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm not trying to run into too many different directions with this, because there are some unknowns here.

And for those of you who don't know who Joey Merlino is, his mob ties run pretty deep in Philly and his mob/criminal history, is very well documented.

He is NOT a nobody.

Joey Merlino - Wikipedia

In January 2023, Merlino reappeared in the news when he posed for a photograph with former U.S. president Donald Trump at a Trump-owned golf club, with both men making a "thumbs up" gesture.[71]

In September 2023, Merlino started the sports betting podcast "The Skinny with Joey Merlino". Merlino gives out football picks weekly.

had you ever heard of this guy before this story? I hadn't.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Craig Carton is "media" right?  He's a felon.

Pretty sure a convicted felon is running for President as well and players take pictures with him all the time.

I dont think this matters, at all to anyone, anywhere.  Quite frankly, Sauce shouldnt have even gone on the defensive about it.  He can hang with whoever he wants to.

If I'm gonna be in a pic with a felon I'd rather be in a photo with slender Joe or whatever but that's just me. 

image.png.2202d68bda69344d973ed69041aa598d.png

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

You're assuming he even knows who this guy is. For all we know, he thought he was taking a pic with an average joe.

How many people on this board knew who this guy was before this story?

I know I didnt. 

Zero idea who he was either until this thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

How is Sauce supposed to know which way to throw the point spread if he doesn't have a chat now and again?

Geeze Fabreeze guys!

Word, all these dudes think he's just getting pass deflections over INT's like it aint on purpose and sh*t.  lulz

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Eh. He’s got a podcast and Sauce seems pretty online. Don’t care though. 

Do you know how many white dudes have podcasts? I for one, living in NJ whole life until a few years ago, never knew this guy existed and even though I just saw that photo, I already forgot what he looks like. 

This is just another attack in Italian-Americans. They slander our names with made up words like "mafia" and "Cosa Nostra." Meanwhile players can hang out with gang leaders and no one says word. As an Italian-American I am outraged. Outraged!!!!

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

There is no such thing as the mafia.  It is an anti-Italian conspiracy theory.  Anyone that thinks ethno-specific exploitation groups exist are ignorant, hateful people.

I hope Sauce was respectful at all times. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's Trump the Don, fool.

Not clicking.  I'd rather watch a Steel Magnolias/ Bridges Over Madison County double feature. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This is just another attack in Italian-Americans. They slander our names with made up words like "mafia" and "Cosa Nostra." Meanwhile players can hang out with gang leaders and no one says word. As an Italian-American I am outraged. Outraged!!!!

IMG_3904.webp

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Historically speaking, Gotti always referred to Philly as a glorified crew.

Sammy pulled one of his biggest capers over there on one of the Philly guys.  The NY guys pretty much saw the NJ and Philly syndicates as less than commissioned families.