Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

35 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Well, how about that.

From Judon's mouth to Reddick's ears.

We should have traded for Judon, what an incredibly refreshing mindset.

This is the difference between a reasonable man (Judon) and a selfish P.O.S. (Reddick)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Well, how about that.

This is the difference between a reasonable man (Judon) and a selfish P.O.S. (Reddick)

Maybe the Jets should have had this ironed out before trading for him

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe the Jets should have had this ironed out before trading for him

By many reports, the Jets tried - but Reddick was being Reddick.

As I've said many times before, there's a reason why Reddick is on his 4th team in 7 seasons.

Looking at how Judon is conducting himself, in comparison to Reddick - it's very easy to see why.

That said, I do agree with you and the second that Reddick rebuffed the Jets contract offer/extension, JD should have killed that trade on the spot.

Moving forward with the trade, after Reddick declined the Jets offer was very foolish on JD's part (assuming that what's been reported is true).

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think in shape and in meaningful game day shape are 2 different things.

And since he's not here, he wont have enough time to get in meaningful football shape before week 1.

Quite frankly I don't think our sides are even talking. I think he isn't coming this week. Meaning even if he showed up early next week. He would have less than 2 weeks to get in game day shape for a very meaningful Week 1.

I think too many things have to happen for him to play week1.

I was listening to David Canter (NFL Agent) the other day, he said that Reddick will be fine. His only issue will be responsibilities, so in other words make sure he is at the team meetings prior to the 1st game.

15 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I was listening to David Canter (NFL Agent) the other day, he said that Reddick will be fine. His only issue will be responsibilities, so in other words make sure he is at the team meetings prior to the 1st game.

I may be wrong (and if I am, hey great) but I don't see Reddick ever taking a snap for the Jets - at least, not this season.

Joe Patrick @japatrick200

Regarding his contract status, Matt Judon said "The Atlanta Falcons don't know me as a football player. They know my history. So I can't demand something I haven't worked for." 

Said he's just working to put his best foot forward at this point. Doesn't appear to be a sticking point.

Judon on a new contract: The #Falcons know nothing about me as a football player or as a man. They know my previous resume. I can't really demand or ask for anything I haven't worked for. I'm gonna work for it.

— Marc Raimondi (@marcraimondi) August 19, 2024

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Joe Patrick @japatrick200

Regarding his contract status, Matt Judon said "The Atlanta Falcons don't know me as a football player. They know my history. So I can't demand something I haven't worked for." 

Said he's just working to put his best foot forward at this point. Doesn't appear to be a sticking point.

We've been discussing this - posted earlier in this thread.

We should have traded for Judon.

Judon is making Reddick look incredibly sh!tty right now.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I may be wrong (and if I am, hey great) but I don't see Reddick ever taking a snap for the Jets - at least, not this season.

Why? 

I will say that there is no urgency to get it done yet. The time to worry is about a month from now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Well, how about that.

If Judon is healthy we should have.   Guy is a beast and one of the smartest defensive players in the game.   He had a pretty tough injury last year.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

If Judon is healthy we should have.   Guy is a beast and one of the smartest defensive players in the game.   He had a pretty tough injury last year.  

So did Mike Williams - fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I gotta give you credit.  In the face of everything telling you that Reddick is in the wrong, you remain steadfast in stubbornly blaming the Jets.  It’s impressive.

So Joe Douglas had no idea Reddick, who’s now on his 4th team was a PITA to deal with? The Jets absorbed this problem. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Leveon Bell ruined his career doing this with Pittsburgh.

Still, egg on JD’s face 

Bell didn’t care about his career at that point.  he just wanted to get paid even if it was going to one of the worst teams in the league, which he did. Bell just cared about the money and he still got that big contract.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So Joe Douglas had no idea Reddick, who’s now on his 4th team was a PITA to deal with? The Jets absorbed this problem. 

30 year old player on 4th team!  Shocking!  

He had his rookie deal, a one year deal with he college coach in Carolina and the big deal with Philly.  It's not like he kept shooting his way out of town.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

30 year old player on 4th team!  Shocking!  

He had his rookie deal, a one year deal with he college coach in Carolina and the big deal with Philly.  It's not like he kept shooting his way out of town.

I will say. I’m even surprised by the amount of people who will defend the indefensible. We’ve built quite the army here. 

41 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I gotta give you credit.  In the face of everything telling you that Reddick is in the wrong, you remain steadfast in stubbornly blaming the Jets.  It’s impressive.

Do you have any insight as to whether the Jets plan on trying to find a compromise with this guy? Also - would they ever consider trading him, and if so, would there be a healthy market for him? 

It didn't sound like a lot of teams were breaking down the door to give this guy a huge contract when Philly made him available in the spring. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

You're correct and so is he. Jets should have had a deal in place. Reddick is in the wrong.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I will say. I’m even surprised by the amount of people who will defend the indefensible. We’ve built quite the army here. 

Maybe you just don’t understand the 12-dimensional chess that Douglas has been playing here for six years bud

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

does judon have any guaranteed money?

Not that I'm aware of, he's playing for a base salary of 6.5 million on the last year of his current deal.

EDIT: Confirmed - no guaranteed money on Judon's current deal, so like I said - Judon is making Reddick look like a pile of dogsh!t right now. 

Patriots’ Matthew Judon Enters Contract Year Knowing There Are No Guarantees (forbes.com)

The veteran outside linebacker, who will turn 32 in August, participated in the opening practice on the Gillette Stadium backfields instead. But he is scheduled to earn a non-guaranteed base salary of $6.5 million to go with $1 million in per-game roster bonuses in the final year of his deal.

And Reddick is crying about 14.5 million....🙄

I have nothing but respect for Matthew Judon, he's conducting himself like a true professional.

Judon knows he's done nothing for the Falcons (and has said as much) but he's willing to honor his contract and go out there and earn his new deal from the Falcons - as it should be.

Judon is a class act, in every sense of the term.

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I can tell you one thing for certain.  I'm not part of any army.  What exactly am I defending?  Everybody knew the guy didn't love his deal.  You are acting like he has been a Revis level hold-out his entire career.  I defend this move as a worthy risk.  It doesn't look good now, but no matter what you and shills for CA are spouting, the fat lady hasn't started singing yet.

• Upvote 2