19 hours ago, Claymation said:

image.jpeg.5f7f4f8efb81fd69dd4a9f7408cfc407.jpeg

This is the one thing I am concerned about with this kid.  Is he fast enough or is he another AJ Dillon.  

Allen did not run the 40 so I believe this is an unknown.

I think the preseason games should tell us a lot about this kid.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the one thing I am concerned about with this kid.  Is he fast enough or is he another AJ Dillon.  

Allen did not run the 40 so I believe this is an unknown.

I think the preseason games should tell us a lot about this kid.

When you are that big, you will be able to truck a few defenders.image.thumb.png.88d670a57587d9de833dbb9713676755.png

• Post of the Week 2

The new Jets-flavored version of Christian Okoye?

Okoye was 6'1", 253 lbs.

Allen is 6'1", 235 lbs.

Only a little lighter.

Maybe he's the new Mike Allstott.

Alstott was 6'1", 248 lbs.

Does Allen need to gain 15 pounds and be ever more massive?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

His true value to the Jets may be that he is good enough to take at least some carries from Breece and as a result the payday owed to Breece in a year or so might not be so large that we all spend months questioning the value of a franchise running back in the modern NFL (a la Saquon and the Giants)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

IF he actually is as good as he is being hyped, he might be a replacement for Hall so we don't have to tie up $15 million for a RB very soon, since we have to pay Gardner and Wilson.  

That's gonna be the challenge for Douglas. Find a way to re-up Sauce Gardner (he will become the highest paid DB), Garrett Wilson (top 3 highest paid WR), Breece Hall (top 5 highest paid RB), AVT (highest paid Guard), keep paying Quinnen, find and pay for a new QB. Oh ya, find a way to pay Reddick $25m per. And Jermain Johnson will be on the list in a year or two at the most!

This is our 'window' folks!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

That's gonna be the challenge for Douglas. Find a way to re-up Sauce Gardner (he will become the highest paid DB), Garrett Wilson (top 3 highest paid WR), Breece Hall (top 5 highest paid RB), AVT (highest paid Guard), keep paying Quinnen, find and pay for a new QB. Oh ya, find a way to pay Reddick $25m per. And Jermain Johnson will be on the list in a year or two at the most!

This is our 'window' folks!

Welcome to the new NFL, where everyone makes over $20 million a season, but you need to pay 53 people.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's only 1 video but he didn't look all that fast to me.  Though it did say "fast for such a big man", which is fair.

If he was fast he would have been a first round pick.  Hes not fast.  Theres a reason he didnt not run the 40.

Welcome to the new NFL, where everyone makes over $20 million a season, but you need to pay 53 people.
It'll be interesting to see how the niners handle Purdy coming due.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 7/30/2024 at 5:02 PM, FootballLove said:

Breece: "A year from now, I'm gonna be the highest paid RB in the NFL!!!" 😎

<Jets Draft Braelon Allen>

Breece: "F*CK" 😡

A year from now the highest paid RB in the NFL may be making about the same as a 3rd string QB 

30 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The refs would find a way to make that into a penalty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It’s called spearing, and the result today would be a 15-yard penalty against the offense. Which is good, because that’s a good way to break your own neck or remove the heart from your opponent’s chest. 

• Upvote 1