Francesa: Aaron Rodgers is coaching the team

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Mike needs to stay in Saratoga for the month of august. His takes regarding the JETS always have a motive.

Funny thing is when Payton did exaclty what Rodgers is being perceived to be doing, he was a genius, field general, one of the best to ever play the game.

Because Rodgers might do it - he is selfish, entitled, full of himself and the JETS are clueless. 

that is the typical Francessa anti-Jets bias. He's always had it, even when Parcells was here.  He is trying to garner attention, is all.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Rumor is that Bet Rivers, on line bookie that sponsors Francesa's drivel,  is losing tons of money, and on the verge of either being bought on the cheap or going out of business altogether. On line review indicate you can deposit $ and bet, but getting your winnings back, not so easy. Francesa took an unplanned "vacation" form his podcast last week. 

Besides, who would you rather coach the offense anyway instead of Rodgers? Saleh is off getting in a quick 18 any time he can. Only thing he knows about offense is his defense leaves the TE slot open every down (despite having been a college TE) . Hackett coaching is basically saying "OK, Aaron, good idea!". 

wut?  I've got some $$$ in a Bet Rivers account.  True?  Any links?

Yes Rodgers is coaching the offense and why is that a problem?  Does anyone really think Brady & Manning didn't

coach their offenses?  Give me a break

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes.  Mike Francessa.  The Godfather of sports talk radio.  The best to ever do it.

Yes, that guy.

you have your view and that is fine but somewhere there is tape of him doing a show during the REXX years where he was full on hate the JETS. He dedicated a half an hour to only JETS fans calling in to have their say. Of course Ira did and it was peaches and cream.

Then there was a guy who had a bit of a speech impedement and most likely some level of autism. Having several family members with Autism it is pretty easy to recognize. That bastard patronized this guy and spoke to him in such a condescending way fully realizing who he was dealing with.

Guy can rot in hell

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Rumor is that Bet Rivers, on line bookie that sponsors Francesa's drivel,  is losing tons of money, and on the verge of either being bought on the cheap or going out of business altogether. On line review indicate you can deposit $ and bet, but getting your winnings back, not so easy. Francesa took an unplanned "vacation" form his podcast last week. 

Besides, who would you rather coach the offense anyway instead of Rodgers? Saleh is off getting in a quick 18 any time he can. Only thing he knows about offense is his defense leaves the TE slot open every down (despite having been a college TE) . Hackett coaching is basically saying "OK, Aaron, good idea!". 

How bad at business are you, if you are a bookie in these days and can't make money? It is practically printing money.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How bad at business are you, if you are a bookie in these days and can't make money? It is practically printing money.

This.

Just take the vig as the profit and it's a perfect business (and if there's enough business coming in, he could probably even things out by moving the lines as the week/day goes on without laying them off). Particularly since these online guys get paid up front electronically and the cards' interchange fees are easily less than the vig. So anyway there isn't even the overhead of collecting (and whatever percentage of no-collection losses from deadbeats who say "I don't have it") after the games are over. They don't even have to worry about the state dept cracking down on them and getting their offshore accounts frozen/stolen anymore, or someone coming in and robbing the cash from your "office" either. The perfect business.

Only way I can think of a bookie losing money is by being so greedy that he doesn't lay off his bets, which is just tantamount to the bookie gambling himself. Even that's so easy because he can lay off so quickly via electronic betting himself. Marketing costs are a thing, too, but even a small-time bookie can make plenty.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.

Just take the vig as the profit and it's a perfect business (and if there's enough business coming in, he could probably even things out by moving the lines as the week/day goes on). Particularly since these online guys get paid up front electronically and the cards' interchange fees are easily less than the vig. So anyway there isn't even the overhead of collecting (and whatever percentage of no-collection losses from deadbeats who say "I don't have it") after the games are over. They don't even have to worry about the state dept cracking down on them and getting their offshore accounts frozen/stolen anymore, or someone coming in and robbing the cash from your "office" either. The perfect business.

Only way I can think of a bookie losing money is by being so greedy that he doesn't lay off his bets, which is just tantamount to the bookie gambling himself. Even that's so easy because he can lay off so quickly via electronic betting himself. Marketing costs are a thing, too, but even a small-time bookie can make plenty.

Not laying off the deeper side of a given bet would be incredibly stupid. Not doing so would be the exact reason they make money, thinking they have a sure thing and being wrong. 

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Not laying off the deeper side of a given bet would be incredibly stupid. Not doing so would be the exact reason they make money, thinking they have a sure thing and being wrong. 

Then why bother with the business in the first place? Just gamble like the clients do, lol. 

• Haha 1

and?  if it's true. so what.  just win.  saleh knows nothing about how offenses run.  rodgers has way more football experience than either saleh or hackett.  and i'm not going to pile on hackett.  too often the oc gets the blame when things aren't going well when most times it's things beyond their control.  look at that supposed wonder kid from san diego who was fired and now doing the same job at dallas.

I called Francesa once when he was talking sh*t about how the Jets didn't have a #1 CB.  This was after Revis' rookie year.  I brought up Revis and he immediately hung up on me.

To be fair to him I think I also called once talking about how Lastings Milledge was gonna be a player and he hung up on me immediately as well.  We're both 1-1.