Malik Nabers is the greatest WR of all time

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Considering that Nabers wasn’t the first player or even first WR drafted this year, there is some irony in the complaints that we should have lost more to secure the WR.  

I’d have been more than happy with Odunze too.  Instead we got the meh OT.

The overall point is the Jets always do this - there’s no tangible upside to winning those meaningless late season games in a lost season but there sure is evidence of it hurting us over the years.  They’ve been pulling this sh*t for 2 decades.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The overall point is the Jets always do this - there’s no tangible upside to winning those meaningless late season games in a lost season but there sure is evidence of it hurting us over the years.  They’ve been pulling this sh*t for 2 decades.

Tell that to the players and coaches fighting for their careers.   Those “meaningless games” are a chance for some players to show they are worth re signing or bringing back for another chance to prove themselves.  
The only guy that quit on last season was Lazard and he didnt play at seasons end

9 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Tell that to the players and coaches fighting for their careers.   Those “meaningless games” are a chance for some players to show they are worth re signing or bringing back for another chance to prove themselves.  
The only guy that quit on last season was Lazard and he didnt play at seasons end

Sigh.  All it would have taken was for Joe Douglas to suggest maybe don’t give Breece Hall nearly 40 touches like he got against WSH and NE.  That really would have been the difference, especially in the Commanders game.  

The rest of the healthy schlubs on the roster at the time could have went out and tried to win to their heart’s content.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 8/8/2024 at 8:05 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

Patriots, Giants, Dolphins.....can't stand any of them.

Hardest thing I ever had to do, was actually root for the Giants, when they were playing the Patriots in the Superbowl.

Dark days.

i rooted for the Pats.

i have a hell of a lot more Giants fans in my life STILL giving me crap over those 2 SBs than i have Pat fans. in fact i dont know any Pat fans.

and now because of those 2 wins Eli is getting into the HOF when without him he wouldnt. more crap coming my way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

i rooted for the Pats.
i have a hell of a lot more Giants fans in my life STILL giving me crap over those 2 SBs than i have Pat fans. in fact i dont know any Pat fans.
and now because of those 2 wins Eli is getting into the HOF when without him he wouldnt. more crap coming my way.

Exactly. To me it’s not the teams but the respective fan base. And I’m sure Pats fans are obnoxious, but there are none in my life p. Giants fans are the biggest a$$holes on the planet.
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Dude nobody disagrees with that. Ppl are simply saying it has literally no value, like at all in determining how good or bad anyone is. The 85 bears were 1-3 in the preseason lol

On 8/7/2024 at 7:22 AM, Bobby816 said:

Too bad he has trash throwing to him. If Daboll can't make Jones good. No one can,

Be difficult to match the "Waste and Garbage" we have had throwing to Wilson.  I tell people Wilson is the most talented receiver you've never heard of.  His stats are amazing considering who the QB's have been under his tenure. Yet in NYJ fashion, just may/ will go to waste.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Harry Potter Snape Always GIF

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Dude nobody disagrees with that. Ppl are simply saying it has literally no value, like at all in determining how good or bad anyone is. The 85 bears were 1-3 in the preseason lol

We werent talking about preseason games.  He was referring to winning “ meaningless games” at the end of the regular season that cost us draft slots.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2024 at 12:08 PM, Bowles Movement said:

I mean, one could argue the entire regime quit on the team when they did nothing about replacing Aaron Rodgers and allowed Zach Wilson to sabotage another season.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I mean, one could argue the entire regime quite on the team when they did nothing about replacing Aaron Rodgers and allowed Zach Wilson to sabotage another season.

How so?

The defense played well most of the season, specials were fine also. The offense was terrible, but I didn’t see anyone other than Lazard looking like they quit. Guys like Hall and GW certainly didn’t.

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How so?

The defense played well most of the season, specials were fine also. The offense was terrible, but I didn’t see anyone other than Lazard looking like they quit. Guys like Hall and GW certainly didn’t.

@JiFtheOracle  Unless you’re talking about the FO, not making an upgrade at QB right away, I don’t get it?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

How so?

Regime = FO/Coaching Staff.  

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A lot of guys in this thread are twisting themselves into knots trying to reconcile with the reality that the Jets had to take a backup tackle in the 1st round after they couldn’t get one of the WRs they wanted.

Picking Olu was one of the smartest draft picks this franchise has ever made.

Look at the bears.  They should have taken him.  But they got seduced my the shiny toy.  Too bad caleb cant get it to that toy on his back.

4 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You guys realize that no other NFL team forum has a thread about another non-division teams player right?

This board will complain to no end because there is a good player on another team and it’s a failure that we didn’t pick him. No end to the complaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at the bears.  They should have taken him.  But they got seduced my the shiny toy.  Too bad caleb cant get it to that toy on his back.

So you think Olu is going to be a better player than Odunze?

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love the way people keep calling him a backup LT. Maybe this year because they have proven better options but in the longer term this could be a very good pick at a premium position. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A lot of guys in this thread are twisting themselves into knots trying to reconcile with the reality that the Jets had to take a backup tackle in the 1st round after they couldn’t get one of the WRs they wanted.

Could have took bowers.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

I love the way people keep calling him a backup LT. Maybe this year because they have proven better options but in the longer term this could be a very good pick at a premium position. 

Cue the reconciling 😂

Same could’ve been said about Becton, no? Yes, he might become a better player than that, but as of right now? The Jets took a player in the 1st round who IS their backup LT.

Odunze or Nabors, who they WANTED to pick will be starting WRs, which btw is also a premium position.

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Are we supposed to know that after a few weeks of training camp? They may both turn out to be valuable players to their respective teams. 

Keep reconciling. One is going to be a starter, the other a backup.

Maybe the Jets can get the WR you wanted next year! 😉

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Cue the reconciling 😂

Same could’ve been said about Becton, no? Yes, he might become a better player than that, but as of right now? The Jets took a player in the 1st round who IS their backup LT.

Odunze or Nabors, who they WANTED to pick will be starting WRs, which btw is also a premium position.

That doesn't mean that Olu isn't going to be a valuable pick and that Odunze is going to have a better overall career. We just don't know. I like the idea of building the Oline talent and depth.