***OFFICIAL JETS VS COMMIES GAME-DAY THREAD****

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm more surprised Harbaugh didn't go for it.  He seems to be a "power football" kind of guy, wanting to build a really strong OL, etc.

And he played against him once a year in the Big 10. Odd

16 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

He's had one season where he didn't play the vast majority of the games.

What are you predicting for this season?  Another season ending injury? His history doesn't support that.

You do realize he’s 40 coming off the worst injury by far of his career?  It’s not 2011

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You do realize he’s 40 coming off the worst injury by far of his career?  It’s not 2011

It's not like he tore his rotator cuff. Or hurt is throwing arm elbow. It was his Achilles on his non plant foot. 

• Upvote 2

I have come to the realization that there are about 5-10 posters that literally dump on everything the jets do.... Whether or not they are real jets fans and not trolls from other teams are questionable at best... 

It's fine to be critical be it's just baseless trolling to see no positive is insane... Compared to where this team was and where it is now is night and day... 

Rich and prodigal are obviously just trolls or alternate SNs trying to annoy fans... Tom and bit are just bitter jets fans but at least can see some positive at times

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have come to the realization that there are about 5-10 posters that literally dump on everything the jets do.... Whether or not they are real jets fans and not trolls from other teams are questionable at best... 

It's fine to be critical be it's just baseless trolling to see no positive is insane... Compared to where this team was and where it is now is night and day... 

Rich and prodigal are obviously just trolls or alternate SNs trying to annoy fans... Tom and bit are just bitter jets fans but at least can see some positive at times

Be prepare to be slammed but I agree with you

On 8/10/2024 at 3:47 PM, Greenseed4 said:

Pretty upset by what I just listened to after googling that lyric. 

I was quoting Andy Reid from the Snickers commercial. 

Who stole it from Frank Zappa baby!

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It's not like he tore his rotator cuff. Or hurt is throwing arm elbow. It was his Achilles on his non plant foot. 

And Rodgers isn’t a strict drop back qb he rolls out of the pocket alot.  Also, last I checked you need 2 legs to play football 

• More Ugh 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You’ll never hear Saleh talk straight like this.

Not in a million years.

It’s just the first preseason game but Mike Tomlin sets a tone, calling his team’s performance sloppy and demanding cleaner execution.

There were plenty of Steelers fans who wanted Tomlin gone a couple of years ago (and probably some are still upset that he got extended).  Some fanbases don't know how good they have it.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I have a dumb q

is this game and the scrimmage 2 different things?

A scrimmage game is basically a practice game. It can be inter squad or against another team. Just a game that doesn’t  count against W/L total. So we just had joint practice against Commanders then a scrimmage game. Pre-season games are called scrimmages for short, 

20 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Some NFL scouts around the league reportedly believe the Jets could have a “Bo Jackson/Marcus Allen” type duo in Braelon Allen and Breece Hall.

Braelon Allen had 6 carries in a preseason game against a team that picked #6 overall in this past draft.  Now he's Bo Jackson - lol.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm a Zappa fan but I don't get the reference.  Please enlighten me.

Greenseed said "Great Googly Mooglie," quoting something that Andy Reid said.

So I put the lyrics "Well, right about that time people A fur-trapper (who was strictly from commercial)" from Nanook Rubs It and said Andy Reid stole it from Frank.

That pretty much catches us up to things!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Greenseed said "Great Googly Mooglie," quoting something that Andy Reid said.

So I put the lyrics "Well, right about that time people A fur-trapper (who was strictly from commercial)" from Nanook Rubs It and said Andy Reid stole it from Frank.

That pretty much catches us up to things!

Awesome, thanks!  2:13 for "Great Googly Mooglie" if anyone else is interested.  I've never heard this song before but I like it!

36 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It's on Apostrophe.

It's funny because I know (and really like) the song "Apostrophe'".  I listened to the album earlier in the background while working.  Really liked it., especially "Stink-Foot".  That guitar tone is amazing!

• Upvote 1