Be ready for a new regime in 2025

6 hours ago, jgb said:

For whatever reason, some people have a really hard time letting hope for QBs go. Zach was last in the league in basically all important statistics for 3 consecutive years — anyone who says they don’t have enough evidence to write him off simply doesn’t want to.

Just seems like the Zach ideology is never ending.  Most jets fans gave up on Darnold week 1 of 2020 when it was obvious he was on the worst roster in the nfl playing for a God-Awful coach

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Just seems like the Zach ideology is never ending.  Most jets fans gave up on Darnold week 1 of 2020 when it was obvious he was on the worst roster in the nfl playing for a God-Awful coach

There are still Darnoids lurking around. Wait for his first decent outing this year in Minnesota to see what I mean.

But your point is valid. Darnold is 10 times the ball player Zach is. A big part of that is that you get the sense he actually wants and needs the game in his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2024 at 7:52 AM, rangerous said:

I think a bigger question is, if the team does succeed, do Douglas and saleh get long term contracts?  Honestly, I can’t see saleh even wanting to stick around, win or lose.

That's OK.... I can't see the Jets fanbase (me included) wanting to see Saleh stick around either.

1 hour ago, talonmm said:

That's OK.... I can't see the Jets fanbase (me included) wanting to see Saleh stick around either.

the defense has been very good since hes been here. its nice not to worry about one side of the football. Salehs fine, Hackett needs to go.

19 hours ago, jgb said:

There are still Darnoids lurking around. Wait for his first decent outing this year in Minnesota to see what I mean.

But your point is valid. Darnold is 10 times the ball player Zach is. A big part of that is that you get the sense he actually wants and needs the game in his life.

The gaslighting with Zach was way more intense than it ever was with Darnold 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

Definitely. As it was worse for Darnold than it was for Geno, but i get that since Geno was thoroughly-unlikeable during his time here.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2024 at 3:54 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

These... these are not even remotely comparable things, and leaves the context of the selections completely out of the equation. 

Gholston was picked at 6 in a notoriously weak 2008 draft.. who should have been the pick? Flacco at 6? Sure, in hindsight. But Gholston was coming off a 19-sack season at OSU and was a consensus top pick. And literally the 2 years after drafting Vern, the Jets were in the next 2 AFCCG's. His suckage had almost ZERO impact on the team and he didn't break the roster.

Zach should have been a third round pick and drafting him at 2 and sticking with him destroyed 3 years of Jets Football. He might not even make Denver as #3 QB. His career will make Darnold's "Journeyman/Fringe Starter" career look brilliantly successful in comparison.

It's not even close.

Any Jets fan who thinks Gholston was the worst pick/greatest bust in franchise history doesn't understand the concept of opportunity cost and their opinions on the subject should just be ignored.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Different media environments for each, combined with the org laying down more covering fire for Zach than it did for Darnold/Geno/\Sanchez combined. Other than Cimini, the Jets benefit by having the laziest group of beat writers in all of football. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Different media environments for each, combined with the org laying down more covering fire for Zach than it did for Darnold/Geno/\Sanchez combined. Other than Cimini, the Jets benefit by having the laziest group of beat writers in all of football. 

Is anyone pressing Saleh on why the center who’s having trouble centering wasn’t getting reps last night?  I’d say the likelihood of Tipmann snapping one over Rodgers head at SF is 100%.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is anyone pressing Saleh on why the center who’s having trouble centering wasn’t getting reps last night?  I’d say the likelihood of Tipmann snapping one over Rodgers head at SF is 100%.

This group watched two things happen in the last five years: Douglas ending Manish’s career and Connor Hughes leverage becoming Saleh’s golf buddy into a sweet lifetime SNY gig and a $650k house near the facility. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This group watched two things happen in the last five years: Douglas ending Manish’s career and Connor Hughes leverage becoming Saleh’s golf buddy into a sweet lifetime SNY gig and a $650k house near the facility. 

Alternatively 

Joe proved that he could do the job so he got the night off like all the other starters 

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2024 at 4:26 PM, jgb said:

The Jets need the name of that psychologist. Wirfs made the Pro Bowl as an LT last season.

Jul 11, 2024  In addition to being named to three Pro Bowls, Adams has also been selected All-Pro twice, in 2018 and 2020. Adams was a standout performer in ...
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_1345.gif

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Alternatively 

Joe proved that he could do the job so he got the night off like all the other starters 

I know a bunch of teams around the league played their second teams last night, but I think it’s a mistake in the Jets’ case, particularly on the OL. These guys haven’t played with each other, and Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses rarely practice. Forfeiting live reps for the OL at this point is dicey. They’re one failed blitz pickup (or cut block) away from a direct repeat of last season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know a bunch of teams around the league played their second teams last night, but I think it’s a mistake in the Jets’ case, particularly on the OL. These guys haven’t played with each other, and Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses rarely practice. Forfeiting live reps for the OL at this point is dicey. They’re one failed blitz pickup (or cut block) away from a direct repeat of last season. 

AE9D5775-352C-4464-A38B-0331B915F0F4.gif

11 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:
Jul 11, 2024  In addition to being named to three Pro Bowls, Adams has also been selected All-Pro twice, in 2018 and 2020. Adams was a standout performer in ...

And RGIII won rookie of the year what’s your point 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And then you have mccarthy out for the year and teams get real scared.  It’s a good idea until there’s an injury.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

And then you have mccarthy out for the year and teams get real scared.  It’s a good idea until there’s an injury.

The thing every good OL has is continuity and the Jets are going to walk into the Niners game with five dudes who just met each other coached up by a legendary failhound

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That "Wirfs made the Pro Bowl" isn't a compelling argument - that's a popularity/fame contest.

What do you think makes them popular? They wear the hottest kicks and date the homecoming queen?

Think about it this way. You have two hypothetical players. The only thing you know about them is one has made the pro bowl and one has not. Which are you betting is a better player?

Something doesn’t have to have a correlation coefficient of 1.0 to be considered.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How far you’ve fallen lol. 

this is like trying to troll the chiefs for gimmick plays 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Seems like the standard for what is considered trolling has fallen by at least as far 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Well, for one, the Chiefs gimmick plays actually work and the Jets OL got Aaron Rodgers killed last year in four plays. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The thing every good OL has is continuity and the Jets are going to walk into the Niners game with five dudes who just met each other coached up by a legendary failhound

True, and an old qb who hasn’t played a meaningful snap in a year.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Thank you!

Perry Mason: The Complete Series

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This made me laugh.

I think you’re right to a certain degree but I also get it. If you want to play the starters you need to play all of them — and my interest in putting Rodgers, Breece and GW out there is low enough that I’m okay with the patchwork OL not clicking until a little bit into the season. I’m not sure playing three series against the Panthers 2s changes the dynamic we have here anyway.

Accept that we’re gonna lose opening night to SFO and that the schedule the next few weeks is soft. Hope the OL is looking good by Week 6 against Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah 100% with you here, I get not wanting to lose guys in training camp & pre-season but the cotton wool approach just seems a little foolish at this point, for everyone but particularly , as you point out, the OL.

The Duane Brown situation last year ought to be a warning as to what happens when you let injury prone veterans holiday camp it until week 1

If we come out slow in SF or start the season 1-3 then it’ll be hard to argue against the complacency and folly of our approach 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yeah 100% with you here, I get not wanting to lose guys in training camp & pre-season but the cotton wool approach just seems a little foolish at this point, for everyone but particularly , as you point out, the OL.

The Duane Brown situation last year ought to be a warning as to what happens when you let injury prone veterans holiday camp it until week 1

If we come out slow in SF or start the season 1-3 then it’ll be hard to argue against the complacency and folly of our approach 

The Jets aren’t even playing their kicker. Rodgers making it out of week 1 in one piece will take an act of god

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, for one, the Chiefs gimmick plays actually work and the Jets OL got Aaron Rodgers killed last year in four plays. 

AR was staring down the field like he just came out of darkness.  The injury was his fault. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This made me laugh.

I think you’re right to a certain degree but I also get it. If you want to play the starters you need to play all of them — and my interest in putting Rodgers, Breece and GW out there is low enough that I’m okay with the patchwork OL not clicking until a little bit into the season. I’m not sure playing three series against the Panthers 2s changes the dynamic we have here anyway.

Accept that we’re gonna lose opening night to SFO and that the schedule the next few weeks is soft. Hope the OL is looking good by Week 6 against Buffalo.

If the OL isn’t clicking until Week Six, they’ll be blocking for Andrew Peasley. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1