Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Next 48 hours dictates if Reddick or Williams plays next Monday night 

🤞

The thing is, if Reddick is out, it doesnt effect the jets at all.  We have jj and willie mac flying off the edges.  Both 1st round pedigree guys.

The niners will have a 4th round pick from western michigan starting at LT if williams doesnt show up.

Massive advantage -Jets

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The thing is, if Reddick is out, it doesnt effect the jets at all.  We have jj and willie mac flying off the edges.  Both 1st round pedigree guys.

The niners will have a 4th round pick from western michigan starting at LT if williams doesnt show up.

Massive advantage -Jets

This is idiotic.

Saleh' D has always relies on rotating guys out and keeping them fresh for the late game.

Not having a double digit sack guy hurts that. Clemons is a JAG and our 3rd edge.

• Upvote 1

Pearsall has been released from hospital, which is a great sign for him. "Serious but stable" had sounded like it was a lot worse. Apparently the bullet went in one side and out the other but missed any vital organs - guy is lucky to be alive, from that description. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/niners-wr-ricky-pearsall-released-from-hospital-after-being-shot-in-robbery-attempt

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Larz said:

No politics. Seriously. Don’t be stupid 

Not in the least bit surprised by this, he'll need a good bit of time to recover. Just fortunate that he actually WILL recover. Could have been so much worse. :-( 

• Sympathy 1

On 9/2/2024 at 3:33 AM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is idiotic.

Saleh' D has always relies on rotating guys out and keeping them fresh for the late game.

Not having a double digit sack guy hurts that. Clemons is a JAG and our 3rd edge.

Nah

You’re arguing that losing depth at one position is equally as important as losing an elite starter with a huge backup drop off 

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I look forward to the dramatic over reactions win or lose.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm already awaiting the first "FIRE SALEH" thread ... likely won't even take till full time for that one to appear. :D  

As a Jets fan I'm positive this is all going to go horribly, but as a sports fan it's an incredibly intriguing matchup. Styles make fights and I think the Niners being weak against the run favors the Jets. On the other hand nobody knows how the hell the Jets will look with Rodgers under center or if he will even make it past the first quarter.

10 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Ugh too many bad vibes happening today all at once. The negative Jets fan in me is coming out.

Between McCaffery, Aiyuk, as well as Trent Williams, the Jets are probably going to be smashed next Monday night and it’s gonna be a very not fun lead up to the Titans game.

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Between McCaffery, Aiyuk, as well as Trent Williams, the Jets are probably going to be smashed next Monday night and it’s gonna be a very not fun lead up to the Titans game.

I'm now fully expecting the Jets to have zero pass rush.

It'll probably be the Jets defense needing to close out the game and they can't get to the QB and then I'm going to read Cimini's dumbass snarky tweet of  "boy, the Jets could really use a pass rusher right about now".

Then I blow my fn brains out reading all the stupid Reddick posts/tweets leading up to week 2. 

I'M LOSING IT

Pillow Reaction GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

As a Jets fan I'm positive this is all going to go horribly, but as a sports fan it's an incredibly intriguing matchup. Styles make fights and I think the Niners being weak against the run favors the Jets. On the other hand nobody knows how the hell the Jets will look with Rodgers under center or if he will even make it past the first quarter.

First Quarter? Holy crap dude! I loaded the confetti cannon for play 5 already!!!

6 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I'm now fully expecting the Jets to have zero pass rush.

It'll probably be the Jets defense needing to close out the game and they can't get to the QB and then I'm going to read Cimini's dumbass snarky tweet of  "boy, the Jets could really use a pass rusher right about now".

Then I blow my fn brains out reading all the stupid Reddick posts/tweets leading up to week 2. 

I'M LOSING IT

Pillow Reaction GIF

Hassan Reddick just sent this post to his agent. Agent be like..

aaaa hold.gif

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Put your money where your mouth is:

If the Jets win: I pay $50 to the charity of your choice.

If the Jets lose: You pay $50 to the charity of my choice.

Sure.  you said Jets will get smashed.  Smashed to me is you lose by 3 or more tds.

So if youd like to bet the Jets will get smashed or not, you are on.

But you wont take the bet.  Who are we kidding?