New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

Restructuring!

The Jets restructured the contracts of LB Quincy Williams and TE Tyler Conklin, creating $8M in cap space.

I don't want to use it on a long-term deal for Reddick.  We have enough younger players that will want huge contracts.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, slats said:

Looks like you guys have it figured out. Reddick needs to show up at some point, and he’ll need to play at a high level if he wants to get paid. The later he shows up, the fresher his legs will be and the lower his cap number will be, as well. 

We’ve reached the holdout is actually good territory 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He doesn’t want a one year deal; he wants a multi-year extension that pays him like a top tier pass rusher (around $25mil per year) that’s the whole crux of the issue here.

This is really what makes me think he knows he's fallen off just a bit and (feels he has) to secure the last big $$$ multi year gtd deal before the emperor's clothes come off. And it seems like Jets would be THE ideal situation for him to shocase his pass rush skills, minimizing wear on the body w the snap count thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The Jets were (and probably still are) willing to negotiate and sweeten the pot for this year.  Reddick wants a multi-year deal.

God no. Why would we be looking to give a 30 yr old aging pass rusher his final big payday when we have 2 FRP at the position and guys we drafted that need deals.

Id rather Reddick hold out the entire season then him cost us one of Sauce/Wilson/Breece in the end 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

God no. Why would we be looking to give a 30 yr old aging pass rusher his final big payday when we have 2 FRP at the position and guys we drafted that need deals.

Id rather Reddick hold out the entire season then him cost us one of Sauce/Wilson/Breece in the end 

I am VERY much hoping his services w the Jets are limited to one year 

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

One that sends Reddick's ass packing.  It's clearly obvious that my wish will never come true though.  He's in Jersey at a fundraiser signing Jets sh*t.  

Direct some of your anger at the GM who took an unnecessary risk on a season manned by a 40 year old QB. They had the situational pass rusher already on the roster instead they chased after this goober.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Direct some of your anger at the GM who took an unnecessary risk on a season manned by a 40 year old QB. They had the situational pass rusher already on the roster instead they chased after this goober.

I'm not saying there aren't two sides to this story but the one I have heard more than a dozen times is that he knew the deal - show up for camp and we will talk extension.  He didn't do that and as a person looking for an extension you would think that person would want to form some sort of relationship with his fellow teammates that he's going to be working with for "x" years.  I don't honestly care what happens - I want the Jets to win, Period.  That being said I wouldn't be disappointed if I never saw him in a Jets Uniform.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

One that sends Reddick's ass packing.  It's clearly obvious that my wish will never come true though.  He's in Jersey at a fundraiser signing Jets sh*t.  

I don’t think there is any trade market for him. There’s a reason the jets got him for so little 

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't want to use it on a long-term deal for Reddick.  We have enough younger players that will want huge contracts.

I completely agree, however maybe the can trade him if he has a good year and #99 shows he can hang. Could fetch a decent pick. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t think there is any trade market for him. There’s a reason the jets got him for so little 

Good point. I wonder if that was because of his holding out or just no market in general. Hard to believe given he has shown to be a great player.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'd love to know some day why they had such little faith in Huff. Maybe we will see this year, who knows.

7 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'm not saying there aren't two sides to this story but the one I have heard more than a dozen times is that he knew the deal - show up for camp and we will talk extension.  He didn't do that and as a person looking for an extension you would think that person would want to form some sort of relationship with his fellow teammates that he's going to be working with for "x" years.  I don't honestly care what happens - I want the Jets to win, Period.  That being said I wouldn't be disappointed if I never saw him in a Jets Uniform.

Judging by what this board is saying now, can you really blame his camp for being skeptical about the Jets offering an extension? I don’t think many here would be happy to see Douglas give him one.

It seems like the Jets or at least Douglas felt he had some egg on his face from how the Huff thing went down, and this was a forced rushed solution that wasn’t thought through. Like the different scenarios of why he was available in the first place didn’t seem to cross the Jets decision makers minds and they went ahead and did it anyways.

• Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'd love to know some day why they had such little faith in Huff. Maybe we will see this year, who knows.

I think we already have a good idea and it’s what Fangio hinted at. They don’t think he’s an every down player. 

People on this board either forgot (or never realized) that the Jets played Huff more than 50% of the snaps in the first half of 2021. The Jets never played him that much again . . . 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think we already have a good idea and it’s what Fangio hinted at. They don’t think he’s an every down player. 

People on this board either forgot (or never realized) that the Jets played Huff more than 50% of the snaps in the first half of 2021. The Jets never played him that much again . . . 

Doesn't he also run a base 3-4? I wonder how Huff will do in that defense. I think he's better suited for a 4-3 but I'm no expert and I know they'll probably run both.

The degree of hate for the GM here by a small group of posters is a little disturbing TBH

We have a really good roster and possibly even a great roster depending on how things pan out this year.  Did that magic itself into existence all on its own or did maybe just maybe the GM have something to do with that?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’m talking about this one lone season.

• Bronx changed the title to Rule him out Roberto!