New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

I was using poker in the sense of who will fold first... bluffs already been called. 
Doesn't change the fact that Reddick is a fish and will fold at whatever time is the wrong time... JD is the shark.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you believe thus is some legitimately rare chance to win the super bowl then stop complaining about the owner and GM

who is complaining? I said the strategy's aim is to pressure Woody Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Doesn't change the fact that Reddick is a fish and will fold at whatever time is the wrong time... JD is the shark.

I don't really care. I'm not rooting for one thing or another, im just describing a scenario. 

12 minutes ago, Vader said:

All I'm doing is giving an alternative framing of what's going on based on what I see and what I know since the board doesn't seem to think what's happening makes sense. I have no theory of my own. I suggested that Reddick's agent is pursuing a Maximax strategy which it clearly is. Dandy has negotiated billions of dollars...

A maximax strategy wants to achieve the absolute maximum payoff with little regard for the risks. A maxi-max move focuses solely on the highest possible outcome, often at the cost of exposure to significant losses.

The framework I refer to requires no assumptions only observations. People that don't know they are operating under game theoretic conditions are still operating under them. I've seen this strategy used before in my own negotiations. Sometimes it works (usually with a principal like Woody who is susceptible to PR campaigns and bad press), however it does also often lead to small but cumulative losses and eventually disaster when the strategy fails. A maximax approach disregards risk and losses for the big score. It's a form of brinkmanship.

Well then it should be obvious by now that he’s either not employing this strategy or he’s terrible at employing this strategy, seeing how the strategy employed - in wholly unnecessary fashion and without any theoretical or tangible benefit - pissed away some $5MM of his client’s money in the offseason alone before the team’s first game.

Holding out WOULD be a drop in the bucket IF Reddick was very likely to get some $100MM contract from the Jets, as though he was an irreplaceable player without whom the defense doesn’t function. There’s no indication that level contract is even within the realm of reality, nor that he is such an irreplaceable piece either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Vader said:

Joe hasn't given anything. We haven't made the playoffs in a decade. Rodgers was supposed to fix that. The OL was so bungled that THAT also had to be fixed in the offseason. THIS year is the year that's circled (if you want to call it a do over from last year idc). 

It's a one year window to win the superbowl right now, because you don't know what the future brings, who you can re-sign, etc. This year isn't supposed to be the same product as decades past. This year we are supposed to have the legitimate chance to win the superbowl. 

Sure he has he has given us a roster capable of winning with decent QB play. It's the smartest way to build a champion ship roster in the NFL, because superstar QB play is so hard to get. 

I mean not sure how to respond to you when you don't understand the concept.

I'll just leave you with the NFL roster is a game of limited resources and injuries. But just like every thing else the same way to win more games overall is to be good with your process. That really where Joe had don't the hard work. Putting winning team on the field is the easy part compared to that.

Yes this year we do because the roster is stacked. Look at our week 1 opponent, they have had terrible qn play and an outstanding roster for year. Their QB play has never really been decent till purdy and they are almost a lock for the super bowl.

That is the game plan have a loaded roster and un like sf who wasted their chances with scrubs like grarapolo and Trent whoever...we got Aaron Rodgers. Imagine they gave draft pick to green bay for Rodger years ago. They have three super bowls.

I'm not sure how many times I need to respect it but that is the plan to build a great team and be able to win. Get lucky with good QB and you have a dynasty

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well then it should be obvious by now that he’s either not employing this strategy or he’s terrible at employing this strategy, seeing how the strategy employed - in wholly unnecessary fashion and without any theoretical or tangible benefit - pissed away some $5MM of his client’s money in the offseason alone before the team’s first game.

Holding out WOULD be a drop in the bucket IF Reddick was very likely to get some $100MM contract from the Jets, as though he was an irreplaceable player without whom the defense doesn’t function. There’s no indication that level contract is even within the realm of reality, nor that he is such an irreplaceable piece either.

the strategy doesn't always work. like I said, it disregards risk and loss for the absolute maximum payout. when it doesn't work it often results in disaster... which may be happening... they may have thought Woody would fold by now, and to really put JD in a bind since JD is actually a FA too...it makes JD look incompetent.  These would be assumptions I would make about it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure he has he has given us a roster capable of winning with decent QB play. It's the smartest way to build a champion ship roster in the NFL, because superstar QB play is so hard to get. 

I mean not sure how to respond to you when you don't understand the concept.

I'll just leave you with the NFL roster is a game of limited resources and injuries. But just like every thing else the same way to win more games overall is to be good with your process. That really where Joe had don't the hard work. Putting winning team on the field is the easy part compared to that.

Yes this year we do because the roster is stacked. Look at our week 1 opponent, they have had terrible qn play and an outstanding roster for year. Their QB play has never really been decent till purdy and they are almost a lock for the super bowl.

That is the game plan have a loaded roster and un like sf who wasted their chances with scrubs like grarapolo and Trent whoever...we got Aaron Rodgers. Imagine they gave draft pick to green bay for Rodger years ago. They have three super bowls.

I'm not sure how many times I need to respect it but that is the plan to build a great team and be able to win. Get lucky with good QB and you have a dynasty

Jets should have a legit chance to win the Superbowl this year. I can count on Jerry Garcia's right hand more fingers than the number of times I have felt this way in my entire life.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Jets should have a legit chance to win the Superbowl this year. I can count on Jerry Garcia's right hand more fingers than the number of times I have felt this way in my entire life.

From your lips to God ears.

I only felt this good about our team during the rex years and I think we have way better team now

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

From your lips to God ears.

I only felt this good about our team during the rex years and I think we have way better team now

true, but even then there was this underdog vibe bc of BB and Brady. Getting into the playoffs was a struggle. This time around the coast is kinda legit clear.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Vader said:

the strategy doesn't always work. like I said, it disregards risk and loss for the absolute maximum payout. when it doesn't work it often results in disaster... which may be happening... they may have thought Woody would fold by now, and to really put JD in a bind since JD is actually a FA too...it makes JD look incompetent.  These would be assumptions I would make about it. 

You’re way overthinking this.

Neither the Eagles nor anyone else were willing to meet Reddick’s demands. They bet on the Jets being singularly desperate enough to cave to those demands, and the Jets just aren’t desperate enough for another DLman to do so.

End of maxi pad game theory.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You’re way overthinking this.

Neither the Eagles nor anyone else were willing to meet Reddick’s demands. They bet on the Jets being singularly desperate enough to cave to those demands, and the Jets just aren’t desperate enough for another DLman to do so.

End of maxi pad game theory.

Let me guess. You are in the humanities 😅

Haason Reddick willing to go to extreme lengths to avoid NY Jets (REPORT) (thejetpress.com)

Reddick can hold out until the Tuesday following Week 10. If he doesn't report by that date, his contract would toll and he would not generate an accrued season. He will report before that date.

Reddick could also attempt to show up with an "injury" in the hopes that he's placed on injured reserve and receives what's known as "full pay status" for six regular-season games, per the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The issue with that is the Jets could deny his request to be placed on IR if they believe the injury is fabricated. The result could be a very messy legal battle between Reddick and the Jets that results in grievances being filed to the league's office. But in theory, if Reddick wins his case, he could not play in every game this year.

The date to watch is the Tuesday following Week 10, which is Nov. 12. That's the longest Reddick can continue to hold out completely tanking his career, although it should be noted that he would lose significant money and decimate his value. That's not a smart strategy.
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Haason Reddick willing to go to extreme lengths to avoid NY Jets (REPORT) (thejetpress.com)

Reddick can hold out until the Tuesday following Week 10. If he doesn't report by that date, his contract would toll and he would not generate an accrued season. He will report before that date.

Reddick could also attempt to show up with an "injury" in the hopes that he's placed on injured reserve and receives what's known as "full pay status" for six regular-season games, per the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The issue with that is the Jets could deny his request to be placed on IR if they believe the injury is fabricated. The result could be a very messy legal battle between Reddick and the Jets that results in grievances being filed to the league's office. But in theory, if Reddick wins his case, he could not play in every game this year.

The date to watch is the Tuesday following Week 10, which is Nov. 12. That's the longest Reddick can continue to hold out completely tanking his career, although it should be noted that he would lose significant money and decimate his value. That's not a smart strategy.

That headline is amazing!

Haason Reddick willing to go to extreme lengths to avoid NY Jets 

• Haha 1

I know that players really try to keep the business side and the playing side separate but I am beginning to wonder how Reddick would be received in the locker room once he does show up.  After all the cap is a zero sum game.  Peter is always, always, always robbed in order to pay for Paul.  That is just the way the system works.

Fast forward to a locker room where everyone else is playing by the rules and now they are supposed to welcome with open arms a player who has never played a single down of football with this team.  It has to make them question the wisdom of playing by those rules.  If this Reddick impasse ends up getting resolved with anything remotely resembling a front office cave-in then they are going to look around and ask themselves which of them is a Peter.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I find it bizarre that Reddick has made the Jets out to be his 'villain'.  No other team was even willing to trade a poo-pile for him.  The Jets took a gamble.  Rather than show at least a sliver of recognition for that, he turned his ire against the Jets for not caving to his demands.  F him.

At this point, my brain has bent reality in a way that Reddick is not a Jet and is not even an afterthought.  We go to war with the guys we have and that include a very strong and promising group of UDFAs, any one of whom could potentially ball out and fill the Huff role, rendering the absence of Reddick completely irrelevant.

The brain is an amazing thing.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Vader said:

it's a maxi-max strategy. If he reports, he loses all leverage on "a highest possible payoff among all of the possible outcomes", and he risks injury. I can't speak to why except to say looking at the situation, the Jets are in a one-year superbowl window. 

He has no leverage.  Jets will play their games, he’s not playing.  He’s not getting paid.  He’s being fined and his career will be on the wrong side of 30 on a L Bell collision course.  That you and apparently Reddick believe JD is sweating bullets worrying about Reddick, believe he’s the key to 2024 is laughable

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, Vader said:

who said Hassan Reddick wants a win-win situation? he wants Sauce Gardner's money.

Well too bad. He is not, and will NEVER get that money after he's completely sabotaged his value. He can be delusional all he wants. He will NEVER make up the 20M he cost himself playing dumb games. Guess what ya win Redd???? Lol 

• Upvote 2

I am trying to get into Reddick’s head, which is a dangerous thing, but I think he is really offended by his current deal and wants to play the very least amount of time under it.   So he will show up to play 6 games and probably look really good, and so he can minimize the wear and tear on his legs.

The Jets save money and hopefully get a good comp pick.  They are not giving up a second round pick. 

From Reddick’s perspective he is ignoring the basics of NFL contracts-you either play out your contract and sign a new better one for FA terms; every year there are many of pure FAs who sign big contracts.  Or if you are under contract, you basically cut a deal to get you more guaranteed money today and an extension, but that probably is a bit below the FA market.   But for that he would get 2024 upsized.  

I don’t think that JD/Jets had any desire to invest more in Reddick.  This was a 2024 good deal.    The more I think about it, you can see the Jets looking at 2024 as the go for broke year, with 2025 being a complete redo.  

14 hours ago, Vader said:

The pressure target is Woody Johnson, not JD. And the play is a PR play. Once he reports he takes that play off the board. The "hold-out just to report" is a maximum pressure campaign on Woody Johnson, more than on JD. Woody Johnson goes down in infamy if the Jets let Reddick sit and they do not win the SuperBowl.

So you’re saying with Reddick we win the SB?  So if he isn’t signed Woody gets blamed for causing us to miss winning a SB by adding a player you have no idea he would add to the team by way of added wins.

Don’t think this is a reason we aren’t paying him bc we don’t know him yet. Meaning JD and crew barely know the guy.

But there has to be something personality wise with him and his agent that teams don’t like. Philly didn’t want to pay him for a reason. Arizona didn’t want to pay him either. Obviously his skill has big value. But there a reason teams arent paying him. And I think it’s his and his agents attitude. Rubs people the wrong way. And they’re so deep into it, they’re screwed now. It’s like a pathological liar who’s lies keeping getting worse and they’ve dug such a deep hole. They’re screwed. That’s what him and his agent have done here. 

• Post of the Week 1

All I want is for the defense to kick @ss tomorrow.  Then sit down with a bucket of popcorn and enjoy the rest of the show.
I am prepared for the D to take a step back but still be good
I am also prepared for the O to be much much better.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He has no leverage.  Jets will play their games, he’s not playing.  He’s not getting paid.  He’s being fined and his career will be on the wrong side of 30 on a L Bell collision course.  That you and apparently Reddick believe JD is sweating bullets worrying about Reddick, believe he’s the key to 2024 is laughable

I didn’t say jd is sweating bullets…

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So you’re saying with Reddick we win the SB?  So if he isn’t signed Woody gets blamed for causing us to miss winning a SB by adding a player you have no idea he would add to the team by way of added wins.

I’m not making predictions. I’m describing a negotiation strategy that is predicated on pressuring Woody Johnson due to the narrow Super Bowl window.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I’m not making predictions. I’m describing a negotiation strategy that is predicated on pressuring Woody Johnson due to the narrow Super Bowl window.

What makes you think Woody actually cares?   NFL owners might consider having a player in a bind like this is better than wining a SB.

8 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The best he can hope for next season if he is successful is a prove it deal from some other team. Why would any team invest in him if he is not going to be professional about his contract?