New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is this in response to?  I do not understand why you seem to think you are educating me when I have been pointing out that they aren't going to be able to trade Reddick since the beginning.  It isn't that he insists on being overpaid, but he sure doesn't want to play for $14M per.

Your post implied that the Jets should cut bait and trade him. If not what is your suggested solution? 

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

In the end of what?  

I don't understand the point of all this faux rage at Reddick.  The Eagles moved him, at a steep discount, because he was not happy with his deal.  We can't act surprised now that he is not happy with his deal.  We took a risk and so far it hasn't paid off.  Every move that we make from here should be to maximize what we can get from that 2026 3rd.  IMO we do not benefit from going to war with Reddick and his people and that will only make us look like douchebags to the upcoming FA class.  OTOH, we also do not benefit from caving and giving Reddick a new deal when he has not done anything in accordance with our stated policy.  My point is continue wait it out.  Time is more on the team's side than his.

5 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Your post implied that the Jets should cut bait and trade him. If not what is your suggested solution? 

How did I imply something by stating something completely different?  I'm not sure what you're reading or who you are responding to, but it doesn't seem to be me.

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How did I imply something by stating something completely different?  I'm not sure what you're reading or who you are responding to, but it doesn't seem to be me.

What he will probably get is out of the last year of a deal he didn't like and not have to play for the two teams that tried to force him to.  “

How does he not play for the jets without getting traded 

Just now, BreeceHallofFame said:

What he will probably get is out of the last year of a deal he didn't like and not have to play for the two teams that tried to force him to.  “

How does he not play for the jets without getting traded 

That is what he is trying. That is what he is aiming at.  It would happen, when they cut him or trade him for a bag of peanuts after he refuses to play this year.  They aren't getting anything for him, but I can't see the team holding his rights much beyond next spring.   We hold all the cards, but I think at that point it probably pays to treat him like Corey Davis, without the respectful comments.

• Haha 1

Saw a lot of speculation that this "mini bye" might be the Jets prime opportunity to bring Reddick in. Guess that's not happening?

What an ass clown. At this point I'm sure he's either waiting until the last second or really willing to take this through the season. 

It'd be extra ironic if he gets cranky and retires at a net loss for the last 2 years.

This Reddick stuff is exhausting.

Every year it's another ridiculous situation.

Like when Maccagnan dragged out the stupid Fitz negotiation only to eventually cave and then allow us to witness Fitz' reversion to his "Fitz Tragic" self while Brandon Marshall fell off the age cliff and Decker got injured in week 2 or whatever it was.

So that I understand a professional football player under contract can sit out 2/3 of a season, show up 50 lbs overweight for the last 6 games and get credited for that season as having fulfilled his contract and towards his pension as well?  I would think this would be something they would look at in the next negotiation putting some good faith clause in order to earn/accrue these benefits.   They can call it the Reddick Rule I guess.  Really head scratching to me that the Jets would both be on the hook to pay at least a portion of his salary and lose his rights based on this stunt.  Even the fines go to the NFL not back to the Jets I presume.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Like when Maccagnan dragged out the stupid Fitz negotiation only to eventually cave and then allow us to witness Fitz' reversion to his "Fitz Tragic" self while Brandon Marshall fell off the age cliff and Decker got injured in week 2 or whatever it was.

EXACTLY what I expect to see if/when mr samurai steps on a field again... like another (more toxic) Dalvin Cook, completely wasting a roster spot and reps. Hopefully is moved in a transaction w Davante 

3 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

So that I understand a professional football player under contract can sit out 2/3 of a season, show up 50 lbs overweight for the last 6 games and get credited for that season as having fulfilled his contract and towards his pension as well?  I would think this would be something they would look at in the next negotiation putting some good faith clause in order to earn/accrue these benefits.   They can call it the Reddick Rule I guess.  Really head scratching to me that the Jets would both be on the hook to pay at least a portion of his salary and lose his rights based on this stunt.  Even the fines go to the NFL not back to the Jets I presume.

He gets credited for the accrued season and out of the contract.  He does not get paid for the 2/3 of the season that he did not play and he gets fined fairly heavily for it.  I think Reddick is over $2M in "discretionary fines"  in addition to the mandatory game checks and $50k a day.  Minus the 50 lbs overweight part, I think it is literally what the Jets are hoping for. 

how is this dude still not showing up lol. 

its not funny but this kid is so stupid he basically choose the worst possible way to go about his business. Even if he balls out for whatever games he shows up for no one is going to want to pay him or trade for him. He is one year older and also now the anti team guy. 

And what happens if he is only decent or average or even above average. just stupid. He could have taken his money and got an extention for big buck from Joe. Or even played it out and got big FA deal.

Bad representation is a killa.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

how is this dude still not showing up lol. 

its not funny but this kid is so stupid he basically choose the worst possible way to go about his business. Even if he balls out for whatever games he shows up for no one is going to want to pay him or trade for him. He is one year older and also now the anti team guy. 

And what happens if he is only decent or average or even above average. just stupid. He could have taken his money and got an extention for big buck from Joe. Or even played it out and got big FA deal.

Bad representation is a killa.

He didn’t want to play on a unguaranteed contract, and before the season started he said “trade me” which means be doesn’t want to play here at all.

The guy turned 30 two days ago, and has already made $50 mil. He can do whatever he wants to do. If he was worried about fines he’d have held in, but he didn’t, did he?

I’m wondering now if the fines go away if he sits out the entire season. Anyone know if that’s the case?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

He didn’t want to play on a unguaranteed contract, and before the season started he said “trade me” which means be doesn’t want to play here at all.

The guy turned 30 two days ago, and has already made $50 mil. He can do whatever he wants to do. If he was worried about fines he’d have held in, but he didn’t, did he?

I’m wondering now if the fines go away if he sits out the entire season. Anyone know if that’s the case?

I still don't understand why he didn't do this. Could have put more pressure on the Jets, having to pay him, I reckon. He didn't seem to approach this in the smartest way, kinda helped the Jets since they haven't had to pay him.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The fine do not go away. He's paying the NFL not to play this year. Genius.

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So, you think people who have $50 mil don't mind losing an additional $21 mil for a year's worth of work?  Excuse me, 4 months worth of work?

Players who play in the NFL are business people.   Their office is on the football field.  

Hassan can do whatever he wants.  That doesn't make him smart.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Alka said:

So, you think people who have $50 mil don't mind losing an additional $21 mil for a year's worth of work?  Excuse me, 4 months worth of work?

Players who play in the NFL are business people.   Their office is on the football field.  

Hassan can do whatever he wants.  That doesn't make him smart.

Don’t make up numbers. His contract was for $14 mil, non guaranteed. 
Neither of us have ever made $50 mil (he’ll probably double that before he retires) and we don’t lay our bodies on the line every snap we’re on a football field either.

Not smart? He’s a grown man who won’t have to work another day in his life if he doesn’t want to. We can only dream to be that fortunate at 30 years old.

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t make up numbers. His contract was for $14 mil, non guaranteed. 
Neither of us have ever made $50 mil (he’ll probably double that before he retires) and we don’t lay our bodies on the line every snap we’re on a football field either.

Not smart? He’s a grown man who won’t have to work another day in his life if he doesn’t want to. We can only dream to be that fortunate at 30 years old.

If he doesn't report this season it will cost him approximately 21 mil between lost salary, returned pro rates signing bonus and fines.

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If he doesn't report this season it will cost him approximately 21 mil between lost salary, returned pro rates signing bonus and fines.

I’m not sure those fines carry over if he sits the entire season, and until someone shows me in writing that they do,  I say they don’t.

@jgb or another attorney here would know better but I’d say he has one hell of a lawsuit against the NFL or the Players Union if they try to hold that over a player’s head.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1