D-Line SUCKED

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, I looked too. Must have been snacking when it happen. 

Sauce and Adams "sacks" were when they touched Purdy down after he slid.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sauce and Adams "sacks" were when they touched Purdy down after he slid.

That means he slid down behind the LOS - otherwise it wouldn't have been a sack, so, I'll take it.

It does make the sack #'s misleading though.

Quinnen Williams one of the highest paid dline in the leauge.

1 tackle, 2 assisted tackles.

Quinnen Wilkerson indeed

Will the thrill McDonald 1 assisted tackle

Friggin journeyman old Solomon Thomas was our most impactful dline  3 tackles 1 assisted tackle

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen Williams one of the highest paid dline in the leauge.

1 tackle, 2 assisted tackles.

Quinnen Wilkerson indeed

Will the thrill McDonald 1 assisted tackle

Friggin journeyman old Solomon Thomas was our most impactful dline  3 tackles 1 assisted tackle

Yeah that ain’t good. 
Only comfort I take in this is that the Niners are a machine with that system. They also are very talented on the offensive side of the ball. If the d is pushed around by the Titans I will worry. 

• Upvote 1

How much playing the Commanders, Panthers, and Giants in the preseason gave the Jets false sense of some of their young unproven  defense lineman .     That’s three worse teams in the NFL.   I’m not talking about the Jets proven players on defense.  The Jets did let some defense lineman go that were big part of their defense.

I wrote one sentence in last week’s pre-game thread: “I am concerned about the run defense.” 
We need someone similar to Vince Wilfork, the nose tackle on the Bills back in the day.  He made it impossible to run up the middle. When have we ever had someone like that?  I blame both Douglas and Salah .  Salah has always valued speed over heft, as witnessed by his frequent conversions of safeties into linebackers.

53 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

I wrote one sentence in last week’s pre-game thread: “I am concerned about the run defense.” 
We need someone similar to Vince Wilfork, the nose tackle on the Bills back in the day.  He made it impossible to run up the middle. When have we ever had someone like that?  I blame both Douglas and Salah .  Salah has always valued speed over heft, as witnessed by his frequent conversions of safeties into linebackers.

The jets have a guy kinda like that.  Fotu. But he’s injured.  Once he gets back put him next to QW on the interior and hopefully Reddick is playing we got a nasty defense

Worst part was watching them do a 3 man Dline where each Dlineman was about 5 yards away from each other. Every run the guards wiped out the linebackers and their RB ran for 7 yards a pop untouched. Seriously, wtf was that?
Dunno ... would have to look at the tape.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 9/10/2024 at 5:42 AM, Smashmouth said:

Part of the problem was Mosley where exactly was our Middle LB when we were getting gashed ? Its been pointed out most of his tackles are way after what should have been the point of attack the dude does not like to mix it up head on and never did. He can call a defense though lol

When we ran did you see Fred Warner plugging the holes almost every time ? Watch the tape of him than watch Mosely. A real LB vs a Poser

When your DL gets handled like that, its the MLB's who suffer.  Guards and centers slide off and chum block the second level.  No MLB is beating a guard or center at the point of attack.  Its why traditional Dlines have at least one space-eater in the middle to occupy double teams.  We don't have that.

7 hours ago, Barton said:

Worst part was watching them do a 3 man Dline where each Dlineman was about 5 yards away from each other. Every run the guards wiped out the linebackers and their RB ran for 7 yards a pop untouched. Seriously, wtf was that?

They have had that idiotic wide split concept for years now, both 3 and 4 man rush, the splits are so wide the other team does not even need to make a block to run for 5 yards.  Just totally awful when they go into that formation.

• Upvote 1