OL Still Sucks. JD has failed again

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Pass pro was solid.

Run game and all of the concepts for play design and the game calling was awful. Like, it looked so lopsided you’d wonder if SF had to be stealing signs. 

I honestly said this during the game.  It really should have been the opposite.  Saleh should have had the book on the shanny offense and knew what was coming.   Instead our dline was slanting themselves right out of the hole....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

They were stacking the box, because the play calling was too conservative.

On the Jets scoring drive in the 1st quarter, SF was playing press and was getting beat. They switched with a cover 2, with 7 men in the box and Hackett didn't adjust, not that he had many opportunities to adjust because the defense couldn't get off the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I honestly said this during the game.  It really should have been the opposite.  Saleh should have had the book on the shanny offense and knew what was coming.   Instead our dline was slanting themselves right out of the hole....

Shanahan is a better coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Shanahan is a better coach.

you can say that about a lot of HC imo.  This team just went to the superbowl and returned just about their whole team.  We just saw the standard for a team to go to the SB.  I am thankful we have AR to lead them and show them the way.  Defense should be humbled after having their isht pushed in all night.

31 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Rodgers was clearly ready to cook but only gave him 21 attempts. 

Yeah dude and he only hit 13

Too many 3 and outs 

Meanwhile Sam Darnold started 10 for 10 against the NYG 

Yes there were times Aaron looked vintage there were also times when he looks super old 

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Poor offensive game plan.  The Jets should have spread them out.  

You need competent receivers who the defense respects for that to work

Lazard stinks.  I don’t care he had a great fantasy game yesterday both touchdowns were essentially in  garbage time with the 49s in a soft nickel zone.  Mike Williams should not have even suited up and I wouldn’t be shocked if he retires during the season 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Too many 3 and outs 

Yes there were times Aaron looked vintage there were also times when he looks super old 

Sam Darnold has an NFL quality HC and OC and was playing against a terrible team that can't get out of its own way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Don’t be shocked if Darnold has more touchdown passes this year than Aaron Rodgers 

I pretty much can't stand Rodgers.  Rodgers still has one of the most beautiful releases and accuracy when he's throwing the ball.  The question is his head in it at this point.  Is he willing to really take the hits, hang in to make the big throws all the time or is he just going to mail it in at some point.  

Darnold will be expossed by tape and slid down the QB rankings.  Count on it. 

If Rodgers is really all in I can't see Darnold outperforming him in any statistcal category. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Too many 3 and outs 

And he had multiple drops and a "star" receiver not understanding where he was on multiple plays.

That beautiful TD drive to take the lead, was longer than any drive they had all last season.

Rodgers was and will be, fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Too many 3 and outs 

I don't know what's worse comparing Darnold to Aaron or the 49ers to the Giants.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You need competent receivers who the defense respects for that to work

Lazard stinks.  I don’t care he had a great fantasy game yesterday both touchdowns were essentially in  garbage time with the 49s in a soft nickel zone.  Mike Williams should not have even suited up and I wouldn’t be shocked if he retires during the season 

Translation:  JD sucks. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

The fact that you think the O Line, who had never played together in a game in their lifetimes, should play really well against a Super Bowl team, on the road, who has a great D line - is mind boggling. The O line was really good in pass protection and will only get better. The issue was the D yesterday. Didn't we have the ball for 20 minutes and score 19 points?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Pass pro was solid.

Run game and all of the concepts for play design and the game calling was awful. Like, it looked so lopsided you’d wonder if SF had to be stealing signs. 

I was just thinking that something was up -- not stealing signs -- but overly simplistic and telegraphed formations, plays, and audibles...

The OL needs to gel but I think this is what happened. SF seemed a half step to a full step ahead of the Jets in anticipating plays that were coming.

36 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The fact that you think the O Line, who had never played together in a game in their lifetimes, should play really well against a Super Bowl team, on the road, who has a great D line - is mind boggling. The O line was really good in pass protection and will only get better. The issue was the D yesterday. Didn't we have the ball for 20 minutes and score 19 points?

First off, the were horrible in run blocking, and they looked good in pass protection more because Rodgers was getting rid of the ball gast and knows how to navigate the pocket. If it was Zach back there, we may have seen close to double digit sacks. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

First off, the were horrible in run blocking, and they looked good in pass protection more because Rodgers was getting rid of the ball gast and knows how to navigate the pocket. If it was Zach back there, we may have seen close to double digit sacks. 

Why you selling Zach short like that?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Gotcha. I think the run blocking had a lot to do with the play calling and being too obvious. Behind most really good lines is a QB with a quick release. He held on to the ball a few times though and was able to throw it away or complete a pass. My point is the line needs time to gel. I believe they will be really good - it's a tough ask against San Fran in game one. 

55 minutes ago, Vader said:

I was just thinking that something was up -- not stealing signs -- but overly simplistic and telegraphed formations, plays, and audibles...

The OL needs to gel but I think this is what happened. SF seemed a half step to a full step ahead of the Jets in anticipating plays that were coming.

I mean, there’s a lot of film on the Rodgers/Hackett offense from GB. It’s entirely conceivable that SF did their homework.

That said, we lost this game by allowing a UDFA to thrash us like Marshawn Lynch. It was one of the more impressive games by a RB that I’ve seen in a while. Just absolutely asserted his will on all 11 defenders.

If you can’t get your defense off the field, your offense really never gets a shot at helping you compete.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, there’s a lot of film on the Rodgers/Hackett offense from GB. It’s entirely conceivable that SF did their homework.

That said, we lost this game by allowing a UDFA to thrash us like Marshawn Lynch. It was one of the more impressive games by a RB that I’ve seen in a while. Just absolutely asserted his will on all 11 defenders.

If you can’t get your defense off the field, your offense really never gets a shot at helping you compete.

yeah. I watched the same game. actually winnable even with the DL getting caved if the missed tackles cut in half. 

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Continuity. Really no turnover on their roster, plus they are calibrated to excellence given how high they’ve performed year over year. Jets start every season like an expansion team.

Probably the best description of the Woody Johnson Jets I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 1