Rodgers suggests Saleh hold players accountable

AFJF

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think rodgers wants the players held accountable for mental mistakes rather than blaming rodgers’ cadence which seems to have been fine for 20 years

So why then isn't Rodgers saying that directly to the players on his unit, face to face?  

The only power Saleh has that Rodgers doesn't is to bench a player.  They both have the same power to speak as leaders.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So why then isn't Rodgers saying that directly to the players on his unit, face to face?  

The only power Saleh has that Rodgers doesn't is to bench a player.  They both have the same power to speak as leaders.

He might be, idk.  But i think yesterday was a reaction to saleh’s comments after the game.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He might be, idk.  But i think yesterday was a reaction to saleh’s comments after the game.  

If we're at the point where the Head Coach and HOF QB are debating through the media who should be responsible to help stop offensive penalties and mistakes, it's a bad sign of things to come.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/4/2024 at 9:36 AM, Claymation said:

That falls squarely on the shoulder of this CS, they have been the biggest liability this season. 

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not sure how well that's going to go over in Saleh's world.

Saleh suggested hard counts could be reason for so many flags.

Rodgers said that rather than getting rid of hard counts, maybe "hold guys accountable".

That's not Bob's jam though.

Rodgers Cadence is so good, presnap penalties lead the league last year?

Gat Dayum

Seems to me there is one common denominator between Wilson led offense and Rodgers led offense (possibly 2).  Wonder how presnap penalties were before Hackett.

• Upvote 3

Its easy to forget that our team was rotten to the core. As Joe Douglas has fixed issue after issue, these huge glaring deficiencies have one by one been resolved the next biggest issue becomes apparent. football operations was fixed, drafting was fixed...the roster and how the team was fixed first by getting rid of the dead weight, then the skill positions, then qb, etc etc. Now we can clearly see our coaching is the next biggest issue. It was always an issue but now you see a game lost because of this.

Joe needs to fix this. Just like everything else he need to follow his process and do it in a professional manner. Everything he has done to better this team is at risk if he ignores it. All the good can come crashing down and he will lose his job.

Saleh could blame alot of other things but now all those things are gone. Only Rodgers injury saved him last year. Joe Need to fire saleh hand it over to Ulbrich and let him call someone to step in to run the Offense. 

Hack can be left on but, but that move is the right move and it would allow us to get someone else in the OC spot to run the offense. Im sure someone else has been an OC for Rodgers or woudl love to be. Rodger would understand the move at HC and know that woudl come wiht the move at OC. No hard feelings

And maybe we would use agent zero on the goal line, maybe throw to garret wilson or WIlliams when the game was on the line. Maybe the dame offensive lineman who are more talented that many other teams would be coached up to actually make their pass and run blocking assignments. 

Maybe we would stop being out coached by inferior teams. 

• Post of the Week 2

On 9/29/2024 at 3:10 PM, David Harris said:

Take my two sons to a game every year for their birthday.  Didn’t want to wait for cold weather. Rain was supposed to stop. 

cold, wet, expensive, absolutely miserable experience. Same Old Jets performance.  The team just sucks the life out of you. 

I feel for you, man. I was at the Patriots game with my FOUR kids last year. Bought the tickets before Rodgers got hurt, so obviously paid out the nose for them. Rained the whole time, Jets were totally inept … it was godawful. 

On the plus side, I took my son (just him — left the girls behind this time) to the Thursday night game 11 days ago — one of the best in person Jets experiences I’ve ever had. 

Of course, then they follow up it up with whatever that was yesterday. This franchise … I mean, has any team every tortured their fans quite like the Jets?

I feel for you, man. I was at the Patriots game with my FOUR kids last year. Bought the tickets before Rodgers got hurt, so obviously paid out the nose for them. Rained the whole time, Jets were totally inept … it was godawful. 
On the plus side, I took my son (just him — left the girls behind this time) to the Thursday night game 11 days ago — one of the best in person Jets experiences I’ve ever had. 
Of course, then they follow up it up with whatever that was yesterday. This franchise … I mean, has any team every tortured their fans quite like the Jets?
Rain games could be fun if it was grass and mud .. turf ... Just boring. Might as well cover the stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 9/30/2024 at 2:00 PM, Warfish said:

If we're at the point where the Head Coach and HOF QB are debating through the media who should be responsible to help stop offensive penalties and mistakes, it's a bad sign of things to come.

Rodgers has been in a running debate with his HC's through the media for at least 10 years.  His next move is always to threaten to retire.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers has been in a running debate with his HC's through the media for at least 10 years.  His next move is always to threaten to retire.  

Not even sure what this beef could possibly be. If Rodgers came here to not be held accountable, then Saleh is the perfect coach.

The Jets who gave us a peak with Hard Knocks last year(the worst HK ever)and there wasn’t actually any real stuff getting done there, and the Jets were deathly afraid to have their staff on camera. Just not sure what to make of any of this. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

where i work people excel at doing just that and then get promoted for fixing the major issue they created in the first place.

it is actually a talent when you think about it 

the Jets are like the 5th most valuable franchise in the NFL 

from Woody's perspective, Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are doing an amazing job 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

? I/m not sure you make sense. You are saying that he didn't fix those positions? Im not sure many woudl agree with you

there's so many examples but an easy one is letting Morgan Moses go and than signing him again 

that's literally fixing a problem he created 

but of course Moses is a thousand years old like Biblical Moses and he gets hurt so not really fixing the problem so he's gotta fix it again with Olu... who will probably be needed at LT at some point... 

Jennifer Aniston GIF by SAG Awards

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The **** kinda place do you work at

IT in a finance corp.

Numerous times been on calls in the middle of the night because a software change went in and caused issues. As the days go by you learn that the person who wrote and implemented the change did not fully test causing the issue in the first place but that never gets to the guys higher up (think Saleh CEO type). Person fixes the issue they created in a few hours and is considered a tech genious because again those CEO types (Saleh) don't take the time to really undetstand what happened and why.

Seen this over 40 years and counting 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

there's so many examples but an easy one is letting Morgan Moses go and than signing him again 

but of course Moses is a thousand years old like Biblical Moses and he gets hurt so not really fixing the problem so he's gotta fix it again with Olu... who will probably be needed at LT at some point... 

What are you even talking about? 

There are a good number of legitimate things to get on Douglas about, but this is just dumb.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I think you argued verse yourself there. drafting olu was agood idea. Joe approach is good though. Its better to be young on the line. You just have a n ax to grind, moses is one example i guess kind of fits your narrative, but acting liek this one example is just one of many is silly. 

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

moses is one example i guess kind of fits your narrative, but acting liek this one example is just one of many is silly. 

Olu isn't a RT he shouldn't really be playing there - everything he does works at LT best and it's his natural position. 

It's Week 5 2024 the amount of times Joe Douglas has tried (and failed) to fix the RT position is ludicrous

they went from 2020 George Fant to 2021 Morgan Moses to 2022 Cedric Ogbuehi (!) to 2023 Mekhi Becton (which became 2023 RT Max Mitchell when LT Duane Brown combusted)

now it's 2024 Moses again who is hurt - likely Olu is going back to LT because Tyron Smith isn't going to play 17 games - so where does that leave RT? Carter Warren? Max Mitchell again? 

it's ridiculous general managing and that's just one position 

On 10/2/2024 at 1:41 PM, Trotter said:

where i work people excel at doing just that and then get promoted for fixing the major issue they created in the first place.

it is actually a talent when you think about it 

On 10/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, dbatesman said:

The **** kinda place do you work at

On 10/2/2024 at 3:43 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

gotta be a state job

Probably still makes more money than the Ape though.  @Integrity28

• Haha 1