Have The Jets and Raiders EVER Made a Trade?

Because I can't remember even one....

Top Players who Played for the New York Jets and Las Vegas Raiders.

(Ranked by Approximate Value)

Ronnie Lott

Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott played 2 seasons for the New York Jets (14 Approximate Value) and 2 seasons for the Las Vegas Raiders (20 Approximate Value).

Chester McGlockton

Chester McGlockton played 1 season for the New York Jets (2 Approximate Value) and 6 seasons for the Las Vegas Raiders (61 Approximate Value).

James Hasty

James Hasty played 7 seasons for the New York Jets (50 Approximate Value) and 1 season for the Las Vegas Raiders (0 Approximate Value).

Art Powell

Art Powell played 3 seasons for the New York Jets (30 Approximate Value) and 4 seasons for the Las Vegas Raiders (45 Approximate Value).

Burgess Owens

Burgess Owens played 7 seasons for the New York Jets (41 Approximate Value) and 3 seasons for the Las Vegas Raiders (21 Approximate Value).

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

team america vomit GIF

and what a disastrous trade THAT was the guy played 1 season for the Jets caught 29 passes for 1 TD! Oh yea, and what did 

April 21, 2005: Traded by Raiders with 2005 2nd round pick (47th overall, Mike Nugent), 2005 6th round pick (182nd overall, Cedric Houston) and 2005 6th round pick (185th overall subsequently traded , Chad Owens) to the Jets for 2005 1st round pick (26th overall subsequently traded , Chris Spencer) and 2005 7th round pick (230th overall subsequently traded , Matt Cassel)

at least they more than made up for it the next year when they duped the Bucs out of their 6th round pick and then selected future Hall of Fame Jacob Bender

So, let's see the Jets gave the Raiders their 1st round pick for Jolley and then after his 1 TD 29 reception season they traded him to Tampa Bay for a 6th rounder Terry Bradway was obviously not in his right mind his last season as an NFL executive

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Whos the RB who crashed his car drunk on Route 80 a few years back...Mike Goodson?  trade or FA? 

Cedric Houston who pulled a Johnny Mitchell (another 1st round Jets bust) and decided he just didn't feel like playing football anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Cedric Houston who pulled a Johnny Mitchell (another 1st round Jets bust) and decided he just didn't feel like playing football anymore.

I think Cedric said that Jesus told him to stop playing and since this is the Jets… I believe it 🤣 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Whos the RB who crashed his car drunk on Route 80 a few years back...Mike Goodson?  trade or FA? 

I think Goodson was a free agent.  I don't think he crashed.  I think he was a passenger and got arrested for drugs and having weapons.  I think he had hollow points IIRC and was taken to the hospital because I think they said he was incoherent. 

The better answer is probably Lamont Jordan who was good for both teams.

FWIW, I think the Jets traded the 5th they got back from Packers in the Rodgers deal for a 6th and 7th.

• Upvote 2

If this happens, my guess is next week?  Woody won’t want to pay $1M if there is zero chance Davante can participate in team activities while the team prepares for a game in London.

He could start fresh and get ready for Buffalo on MNF…

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Goodson was a free agent.  I don't think he crashed.  I think he was a passenger and got arrested for drugs and having weapons.  I think he had hollow points IIRC and was taken to the hospital because I think they said he was incoherent. 

Ah, much better.  lol.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I knew the 2005 season was going to be a crapshow the moment that trade happened 

I guess it could have worked out a bit better. 

The raiders with the jets pick took a CB. The first TE to go after the Raiders pick was some JAG by the name of Heath Miller

So the Jets get Jolley, could have had Heath Miller and take a kicker, an f'n kicker in the 2nd round because Doug Brien missed two FG's against the Steelers,. 

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

I guess it could have worked out a bit better. 

The raiders with the jets pick took a CB. The first TE to go after the Raiders pick was some JAG by the name of Heath Miller

So the Jets get Jolley, could have had Heath Miller and take a kicker, an f'n kicker in the 2nd round because Doug Brien missed two FG's against the Steelers,. 

Spending premium picks on non-premium positions rarely -if ever- works out. Here, Bradway managed a rare twofer. Dude was a decent scout, but in way over his head as an executive. 

• Upvote 1

Trading nobodies for never was guys does not constitute as making any kind of real trades-the Jolley fleecing of Bradway by the Raiders is the one lone exception. The Patriots are the lone old AFL team that pretty much ever got a good deal from the Raiders when they gave them Randy Moss

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Trading nobodies for never was guys does not constitute as making any kind of real trades-the Jolley fleecing of Bradway by the Raiders is the one lone exception. The Patriots are the lone old AFL team that pretty much ever got a good deal from the Raiders when they gave them Randy Moss

You know Al Davis died, right? 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Spending premium picks on non-premium positions rarely -if ever- works out. Here, Bradway managed a rare twofer. Dude was a decent scout, but in way over his head as an executive. 

What I remember about that timeframe was kind of Idzik-y (Idzikian?) in that the philosophy was good, but the execution was terrible.  I remember that they tried to target what they felt were up and coming/underutilized players on the free agent market.  Rather than going after the Ronnie Lotts and Art Monks of the world, they went for Jolley and McCareins who were guys they felt would do better with the Jets than with their prior teams.  It was a nice idea, but man did it suck in practice.

• Upvote 1