Quincy Williams demands accountability

• Same Old Jets changed the title to Quincy Williams demands accountability
Just now, Matt39 said:

Connor Rodgers was speculating that this was directed at Sauce for not containing on an outside run (called back) and because he ran into him on the play he got banged up on. 

I’d like to think it’s a broader swipe at the coaches for not gameplanning better on offense.  I mean the d gave up 1 td.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Connor Rodgers was speculating that this was directed at Sauce for not containing on an outside run (called back) and because he ran into him on the play he got banged up on. 

Sauce is a liability in the run game.

After Mason trucked him week 1, he wants no part of it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

Yeah I kind of remember the play but I’d have to see it again. Rodgers basically said Sauce intentionally gave up on it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah I kind of remember the play but I’d have to see it again. Rodgers basically said Sauce intentionally gave up on it. 

He also said in the quote though, something to the extent of… it’s the same damn thing and same damn excuses.

I take that as new coordinator and new QB and same damn problems.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

He also said in the quote though, something to the extent of… it’s the same damn thing and same damn excuses.

I take that as new coordinator and new QB and same damn problems.

I mean as it relates to Sauce, assuming they’re having defensive meetings during the week (big assumption lol) everyone sees on film his lack of effort in the run game. 

17 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Sauce has been a pussy in the run game literally every day he has been a Jet.  I am sure this is not something that started against the Niners.  He has horrible form when tackling, but if anything I actually saw him stick his nose in a couple times this week.  Losing contain is a mistake.  Getting trucked is something to get teased for when watching film.  Blowing contain is something to get smacked over.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Exactly what i was thinking.  They have zero running game and the offense can’t score in the first quarter. 

It’s maddening. New qb, new o-line, good RBs, new WR, offense still looks terrible. Salad is out of excuses. Unless this team goes on a major run, his time is up after this season. Does JD go too is the next question.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sauce has been a pussy in the run game literally every day he has been a Jet.  I am sure this is not something that started against the Niners.  He has horrible form when tackling, but if anything I actually saw him stick his nose in a couple times this week.  Losing contain is a mistake.  Getting trucked is something to get teased for when watching film.  Blowing contain is something to get smacked over.

To be fair, sauce is skinny as a rail. He would break if he really stuck his face in the fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Barkus said:

To be fair, sauce is skinny as a rail. He would break if he really stuck his face in the fan.

Yes, but he is also very tall.  One of the few constant truths is that the low man wins.  He seems to run at guys upright, bend only his neck and put his hands out.  It's like he is afraid to get his pants dirty.  I coached U16 Italians that had only played soccer and we would not have tolerated his form.  It is ineffective and begging for injury.

• Upvote 1

Sauce does tackle, but he's never going to be Ronnie Lott or even Darelle Revis as a tackler. He's a lanky cover guy, built to cover the pass. When it comes to bringing down RBs and TEs, he's always going to struggle.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, but he is also very tall.  One of the few constant truths is that the low man wins.  He seems to run at guys upright, bend only his neck and put his hands out.  It's like he is afraid to get his pants dirty.  I coached U16 Italians that had only played soccer and we would not have tolerated his form.  It is ineffective and begging for injury.

To be fair, those kids were accustomed to sauce with some meat.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Barkus said:

It’s maddening. New qb, new o-line, good RBs, new WR, offense still looks terrible. Salad is out of excuses. Unless this team goes on a major run, his time is up after this season. Does JD go too is the next question.

It shouldn’t be surprising that the offense looks very similar to the ZW offense.  But if the coaches can’t figure it out and they keep losing at least we’ll finally get some accountability.  It seems the team is a few losses away from rumors of rodgers retiring and the coaches being true lame ducks with lots of speculation about who the next jets qb is

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

For how bad people are saying Sauce or the pass rush / run defense is the problem with this team is once again the offense.

They pretty much shutted down the Vikings and if it wasnt for those BS flags it would have been even better.

Yeah and the constant themes are the hc and oc.  

44 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Sauce does tackle, but he's never going to be Ronnie Lott or even Darelle Revis as a tackler. He's a lanky cover guy, built to cover the pass. When it comes to bringing down RBs and TEs, he's always going to struggle.

Then hes not worth 30 mil . More like 12

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

100% his form sucks. He need to be getting low and hitting around the ankles at least. If he stays high he will just get run over and/or hurt.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is the 2nd player calling for accountability in the media. WTF is going on behind closed doors?

Their being told if they talk to the media they will be held accountable. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is the 2nd player calling for accountability in the media. WTF is going on behind closed doors?

To be fair, he didn't "call for accountability" like the coaches aren't holding people accountable.  He said "take accountability."  Which sounded more like do your job and admit when you didn't.  Knowing nothing, I would point it at Rodgers, who seems kind of teflon.  Spray the ball 20 yards from the WR?  They aren't on the same page.  Jam one into triple coverage that hits the TEs hands?  What a throw!

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would guess the same could be said for the majority of CB's. They aren't out there looking to take on truck sticks from RBs. 

There are CBs who are good tacklers and some who are poor.

Sauce is poor.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Bigger question folks should be asking is why are so many opposing players getting to the point where Sauce needs to make the tackle ?