Flat Sauce deletes all social media due to negativity

Sauces nickname got him praise he didn’t earn. Hes not a good football player. It’s Jamal Adams all over. Sauce might actually be worse. He’s close to out of the league if he doesn’t learn how to break down and tackle. 

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

What a joke. Spoiled little brat millionaires are upset with us poor fans because we are sick of losing every year! STFU, go win some games, catch the GD ball when it hits you in your arms and maybe there will not be any negativity? To answer the OP, no he is not worth that, and is most definitely overrated imho. Every time the opposing QB throws the ball to him, he drops it.

Actually if you follow his X account he seems like a cool dude, asking questions like where to get good pizza or advice on sound bars. Seems like a cool, laid back guy tbh. And as much as I wish he had better hands he’s probably not a receiver for a reason. 

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Perhaps he deleted his account because there is a new sheriff in town who won’t put up with that nonsense 

This.

Our new HC suggested as much in the today's presser if I'm not mistaken.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

"Flat" ??? What does that mean?

Either way, I have always thought he spends FAR too much time on social media for my liking. I wish the entire team would delete that BS! Off season is one thing... half these dudes are constantly on there! Why don't you figure out WTF is wrong with your underperforming team, and how to fix it, instead of dicking about on social media. Coach Brick gettin results already??? 🤔

Jets should just hire Antonio Brown and let him be the social media spokesman for each player.  See that was easy.

25 minutes ago, shevys said:

Actually if you follow his X account he seems like a cool dude, asking questions like where to get good pizza or advice on sound bars. Seems like a cool, laid back guy tbh. And as much as I wish he had better hands he’s probably not a receiver for a reason. 

He’s not a good player, which is the overarching issue. 

4 hours ago, jetswin said:

I know at some point we all rag on our team but just look at this place. The number 1 Jets site and the majority of threads are blasting the team, the administration, the owner, the GM, the coach (guilty on Bobby Stairwell) or a player.

The Internet and social media has progressively poisoned people's manners and discretion permanently

You know what has poisoned me more?

Watching the Jets for 40 years, lol.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Why should players try?

Sauce is, by all accounts, a good kid who puts in the work.  He's had a disappointing season (by his standards).   His reward is, if he goes online or comes here, hearing how many Jets fans think he should be traded. 

"Give everything to the team you can, so we can get more when we trade you in the off season!"

And come free agency or contract time, Sauce will take the highest offer and blow on out of NY no matter how much love and devotion fans gift him.

You want to make it personal.  It's not.  It's just business.  For him.  And for us fans who think his best value as an asset is to help us get more important assets via trade.

We fans give him (and the team) millions of dollars to play their game.  We don't owe him worship or deference too.  We're allowed to be humans too, be frustrated, be unhappy, think we'd be better off trading him, or the like.  

5 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I would explore trade offers and sell high on Sauce if the price is right.

He's a great player but I don't think he plays as well as his rep. He is too easily made a non factor in games.

I don't think he will be worth the enormous salary he will command.

When he's been off the field our defense hasn't really skipped a beat. Some of that is due to our scheme and how we utilize him.

He also shills for one of the worst restaurants I’ve ever been to.  That shouldn’t enter the discussion but it’s so bad I think it has to haha.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Larz said:

His last post was about some Jets account dogging Hall, when any fan with a brain can see the blocking issues and play calling that were the issue 

Jets fans without question get energized by bad news and losses and disappear into the bushes like Homer Simpson with wins and good news. 

Players must have a hard time understanding it after coming here from big time college football programs with passionate positive fans or other NFL teams with fans that like the team 

Great post but FYI

Jet fans disappear because they know the “good news” is always followed by a avalanche of negative news 

Why argue with koolaide drinkers when you know the BS is not far behind ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Good. Twitter is a cesspool and it’s gotta wear on you when you go post about the weather and have 100 nutty fans yelling at you to catch more INTs. Really don’t see a benefit to being on social during the season

The second to last straw was a post my brother made about him not being as good as Revis that he is not a shutdown cb and that he should never be compared to him and that he thought Sauce spent too much time playing golf and video games. I guess it had been an ongoing argument between him and other dudes on X.

Sauce saw it and responded with a paragraph defending himself which elicited another hundred responses people either blasting my brother or turning on Sauce.  I texted my brother to let him know that. Sauce later deleted the response tweet. 

I called my brother like, Steven, what the **** is it your business what he does in his free time? What should he be doing, practicing his backpedal? My brother then tweeted an apology about that part of his argument.

IMG_0142.jpeg