**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Jets are the grand champions of good on paper and in theory. This team was set up to have a run heavy offense and putting Rodgers into a high-end game manager role. The defense was supposed to defend leads. Neither has happened. 

It's the D's fault for never playing like they can until the middle of the second quarter. It's comical how they look so bad on the first drives and thoughout the quarter. To be fair though, the Bills only scored 3 points in the second half and won.

41 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Joe Buck “What a play by Johnson”

This is the what absolutely makes me hate announcers.  It was an absolutely terrible play by Mike Williams, Joe.  Johnson ultimately caught a punt because the WR fell.  What was amazing about it

It was an awful throw by Aaron.  Ball was extremely late and behind.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Rodgers isn't moving for an 'upgrade'. He's moving to salvage his legacy. Neither of those teams do that.

Dude if he’s worried about legacy, crashing and burning on a bad Jets team will follow him forever. 

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rodgers thowing hospital balls and jets fans making excuses “because we haven’t seen QB play this good before

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

Can't wait till the culture improves so Greg the leg can go back to making field goals. 

Part of culture is a competent GM who recognizes the kicker is washed in August and plans accordingly 

Rodgers analysis is spot on.  And that pass to Williams was supposed to go longer on a post but Williams cut toward the sideline so Rodgers had to try to adjust to him.  Why his receivers other than Wilson are not on the same page by week 6 is a mystery.  Are the receivers too stupid to understand?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

His body language has been so bad all season. Looks to the heavens exasperated every incompletion. 

Rodgers many times this offseason and even during the season when asked about the rookie QBs:

Most importantly you never want to show your guys up, the quickest way to kill a guy’s confidence is with bad body language and showing them up

cat pounce GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

That was a pretty decent game by the whole team. Little things need to be cleaned up but that’s why they got rid of Saleh and Hackett. Arrow pointing up kinda game tbh. 

Yeah all we need is to reteach Tyron Smith how to pull block, cut Mike Williams, cut Kinlaw, cut Zuerlein, cut Moses and trade for Adams and sign Reddick and hire Frank Reich

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Total passive aggressive FU at these idiotic refs

Not exactly passive. The entire country was confounded at how bad the refs were. They should be the lead story tomorrow, not the Bills or Jets. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

lol, by design. It was a back shoulder throw, again MW showing he’s not understanding the passing game concepts.

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah all we need is to reteach Tyron Smith how to pull block, cut Mike Williams, cut Kinlaw, cut Zuerlein, cut Moses and trade for Adams and sign Reddick and hire Frank Reich

We lost by a field goal. Our kicker missed 2 from distances that are considered basically automatic. QB threw for 294 and 2 TDs and running back ran for 100+. The insane narrative that this isn’t close is weird. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

We lost by a field goal. Our kicker missed 2 from distances that are considered basically automatic. QB threw for 294 and 2 TDs and running back ran for 100+. The insane narrative that this isn’t close is weird. 

This team is 2-4 headed to 6-11.  Go enjoy Woody kool aid 

Just got back from the game. There's nothing I seen that you guys don't already know. 1st half was pretty good ball. Second half refs wanted all the attention and that's what they got. Even (the many) bills fans in attendance were booking flags in their favor. 

EVERY

SINGLE

PLAY

Offence looked much improved. Didn't get stuck on the run. Pass defense looked good, they started to target the hole left by reed when he went down. Run defense is meh. Greg is ass city. 

Last thought, the top row in at MetLife is cold and windy lol.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The issues are cultural, so yes. The right leader will change the culture, but it doesn’t happen instantly.

Ulbrich’s post-game presser was important, he used the phrases, “not good enough” over and over. Step 1 is acknowledging that instead of giving everyone excuses. I’m optimistic, a little. Do I think we make a run? Probably not, but it’ll be nice to see if we can function like a professional sports organization for a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I want Ulbrich to turn things around. I don't think there's any real choice but to try and have faith.

Today felt like same sh*t, different week though. I'm just not sure I believe in this team without more significant changes. Even if this team wins some games, when will the penalties and idiocy come back to bite them again? Can Ulbrich really stamp that out when his own defense has been as guilty as anyone in recent years?

Guess we'll see.

Just now, Flightattendant said:

Just got back from the game. There's nothing I seen that you guys don't already know. 1st half was pretty good ball. Second half refs wanted all the attention and that's what they got. Even (the many) bills fans in attendance were booking flags in their favor. 

EVERY

SINGLE

PLAY

Offence looked much improved. Didn't get stuck on the run. Pass defense looked good, they started to target the hole left by reed when he went down. Run defense is meh. Greg is ass city. 

Offense looked good because we were at home playing a not great bills defense without Ed Oliver and Milano