Guess who has more catches and more yards on a lot less targets than Garrett Wilson?

54 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That was actually my guess when I saw the thread title. Some Jets also ran who escaped to better pastures (granted Cleveland is not really greener pastures.)

I thought Lazard 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Brian Thomas Jr looking pretty good also 

I wanted him but was told he’d be reach at 10. 

Sometime’s it’s as simple as a 99th percentile athlete with great size who led the nation in TDs at LSU is a good player. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I wanted him but was told he’d be a “reach” at 10. 

Sometime’s it’s as simple as a 99th percentile athlete with great size who led the nation in TDs at LSU is a good player. 

I wanted him or Bowers.

• Upvote 1

okay so bowers is working out.  funny because van roten, who many couldn't wait to see gone, played well for the raiders and is now plaing for the giaints.  and, during his time as a jet, van roten committed all of two penalties.  i'm not saying the criticism of van roten was wrong but a lot of how players play depends on the team they're on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheAustrian said:

And sucked worse than becton

I’m old enough to remember jets fans saying Ferguson was a bust after his rookie year. 

he played two games at RT. Tackles typically take some time to adjust to the NFL game. 

incidentally, Becton had a very good rookie year. How did that work out? 

Take a chill pill. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Draft mistakes don't exist in a vacuum.

Flubbing Becton led to us having to spend another pick on another LT instead of Brock.

Flubbing Wilson led us to turn to Rodgers which is what will ultimately be the undoing of Douglas.

Douglas mistakes have compounded several times on top of eachother and made the mess we see today.

Cascading incompetence 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I’m old enough to remember jets fans saying Ferguson was a bust after his rookie year. 

he played two games at RT. Tackles typically take some time to adjust to the NFL game. 

incidentally, Becton had a very good rookie year. How did that work out? 
Take a chill pill. 
Exactly... Could not have said it better.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

And Bowers' 477 receiving yards, which led all NFL tight ends through Sunday, were also the third most by a tight end in his first seven games in NFL history. Only Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Ditka (505 in 1961) and Kyle Pitts (484 in 2021) had more.

Bowers has been good, but the text in red should be enough to make one tap the brakes before putting him in Canton.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Becton having a good rookie year continues to be a complete myth on this board I see.

He took a lot of penalties and gave up a lot of sacks. Sucked in pass pro but was okay in run blocking.

by all accounts, it was, at worst, a solid rookie year. 

I don’t remember any serious football observer saying Becton sucked as a rookie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I don't remember anyone outside of NY praising him. The sacks and penalties were among the worst in the league.

Were they? If you say so. I genuinely do not remember Becton being close to leading the league in sacks. The other issue I would point to right way is that sacks is really more of a QB stat than an OL stat. 

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I wanted the Jets to draft Bowers.  So far, we have not seen Fashanu, but with the way Smith has worked out, I'm guessing Fashanu was the smart pick over Bowers.  

And the Jets would still probably be awful even if they had Bowers.  He'd be languishing rather than setting the league on fire with numbers. 

Yep, lack of weapons is the least of our issues. Bowers wouldn't be targeted as much on the Jets early on this year - it would take some time. Especially now with Davante - thankfully we were smart enough to pick the tackle because it looks like he'll be starting soon and we now have two top wideouts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The only passes Rodgers completes are immediate outs to a WR at the line of scrimmage or screens/checkdowns to a RB.  And maybe the occasional back shoulder downfield grab that requires absolutely perfect execution.   Used to think it was Zach not seeing the field but now that it's AR I have to believe there is something seriously wrong with our scheme.   We have Wilson, Adams, Williams, Conkin, Hall, and Allen. That's already enough weapons.  What we still don't have (at this moment) is a left tackle who can pass block that is the real issue.  

• Upvote 1

This was a win now year.   Bowers was the win now pick.  Or BTJ.  Look at all of the decisions made to win now.

You draft Fashanu to win later?

It just generally shows a lack of organizational focus and direction.   

Based on the manual, you take a franchise LT at 10, not a TE.  You usually take a LT over a WR too, but based on past performance I think that was debunked.  

But that is how JD messed up the Becton pick.

i think JD is 95% responsible for the Jet draft picks, which is why he will be leaving.   Yes, I think Woody wanted to pick ZW, but JD’s scouting should have been compellingly convincing that ZW was not going to be a good QB and guys like Chase, Sewell and Parsons were potential hall of famers.  jD’s scouting should have caused him to resign if woody make him pick Wilson. 

“I know Zach better than I know my own children”. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Btw, just to add some context to this thread:

GW has 46 catches, 460 yards, and 3 TDs

Bowers has 47 catches, 477 yards, and 1 TD

You forgot:   Bowers 60 targets, wilson 76 targets

Bowers 251 yac to 217

Bowers longest catch 57 yarsd, wilson 27

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What Beerfish conveniently leaves out of his analysis is that Bowers is already balding, which is the surest indicator that a player is on steroids and will be out of the league within three years

I hope you get alopecia of the balls in the most comical pattern imaginable 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You forgot:   Bowers 60 targets, wilson 76 targets

Bowers 251 yac to 217

Bowers longest catch 57 yarsd, wilson 27

Ok, so he has 1 more catch, 17 more yards, and 2 fewer TDs, on 16 fewer targets. 

fair enough 

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so he has 1 more catch, 17 more yards, and 2 fewer TDs, on 16 fewer targets. 

fair enough 

and he has it above our "stud nr 1 wide receiver" not some normal wide receiver that is "worth much more" like the board is telling me all the time - just admit you were wrong as I did with Will Mc Donald - its not that hard

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

and he has it above our "stud nr 1 wide receiver" not some normal wide receiver that is "worth much more" like the board is telling me all the time - just admit you were wrong as I did with Will Mc Donald - its not that hard

*sigh*

as I always say, I think we need to see what Olu Fashanu and Bowers become over several years before taking victory laps. 

See the premature victory laps regarding  JSN vs McDonald for reference!! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

*sigh*

as I always say, I think we need to see what Olu Fashanu and Bowers become over several years before taking victory laps. 

so you say its too early that I admited that I was wrong with McDonald and we have to wait a few years more - maybe he sucks in the end? 

Just now, TheAustrian said:

so you say its too early that I admited that I was wrong with McDonald and we have to wait a few years more - maybe he sucks in the end? 

I mean, sure. He’s only in his second year, after all. 

But clearly it’s too early to start judging drafts 7 games into a rookie season, right? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

*sigh*

The old saw is that you have to wait three years to judge a draft class.  There is some validity, but if they haven't proven they are valuable by year 3 they were bad picks.  You only have them for 4 years under a reasonable contract.  You have to decide on the 5th year option after year 3.  If Baker Mayfield turns out great, that doesn't help the Browns any.  If Becton becomes an all-pro guard, that does not provide the slightest value to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, sure. He’s only in his second year, after all. 

But clearly it’s too early to start judging drafts 7 games into a rookie season, right? 

But he has been looking great every game I watched . Mc Donalds first year was utterly trash and when it counts he is still invisible (except one game )